Seriously - why does this dung happen

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Detritus

Re: Seriously - why does this dung happen

Post by Detritus » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:39 pm

Siro has blanket permission to drop mobs on me wherever whenever, it's some of the most fun stuff to be had when there's dynamic non static things happening.

Mob support(non channeling) that moves or tracks is the best as well(dynamic again), it's ruined by doors more than the mobs themselves.

Even dragonsworn with deathgates is super cool if it didnt lose horse.

It might be tempting to try giving them flamestrike instead of fireball but Dreadlord J is 3 channeling mobs together not the mobs themselves that are problematic.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:50 pm

Elysia wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:01 pm
We do have some guidelines for mob use, but sometimes things are underestimated, the situation changes too quickly, or the imm is busy doing something in another room so they can't see what's going on. Or the imm is plain rusty. Or they're plain evil, like Vampa. :P ;) Just kidding.

In this case, I asked the other imms and no one indicated that they moved him. The imms I didn't hear back from weren't on at the time.

Channeling mobs seem to march to their own tune. I remember Selaana being flagged to stay put and not chase. Turns out her channeling coding did make her chase. Only a nomob kept her in place. Jerioz is not surrounded by nomobs, so that makes me suspect there's something going on there.
Wow thanks for checking on this Elysia! Knowing it's not intended makes me feel so much more okay with it. Much appreciated.

Paladyr

Post by Paladyr » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 pm

I am just catching up on this thread. I have already reported to Elysia and Vampa, and I wanted to report to the players, that I was the one who moved Dreadlord Jerioz to that room. I wasn't fully aware of the PK situation when I did it, and it was definitely not intended to have the effect it did. It was an error, and I apologize to the players who were negatively impacted.

tekela

Post by tekela » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:49 pm

I don't really buy this "channeling mob are necessary for last stands" type of sentiment. I'd much rather beefy mobs in no-channel rooms that aren't 1 exit doors for that. Lunal is extremely effective from a SS perspective, for example.
Paladyr wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 pm
I am just catching up on this thread. I have already reported to Elysia and Vampa, and I wanted to report to the players, that I was the one who moved Dreadlord Jerioz to that room. I wasn't fully aware of the PK situation when I did it, and it was definitely not intended to have the effect it did. It was an error, and I apologize to the players who were negatively impacted.
Too late for this mature ownership of an error, I don't have a receipt for my pitchfork. :evil:

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:54 pm

tekela wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:49 pm
I don't really buy this "channeling mob are necessary for last stands" type of sentiment. I'd much rather beefy mobs in no-channel rooms that aren't 1 exit doors for that. Lunal is extremely effective from a SS perspective, for example.
No-channel rooms are trash for anyone who plays a channeler, including Lunal. It's just absolute safety. I think (non-stacked) channeling mobs with FS or HoA like Jestin mentioned are preferable.

tekela

Post by tekela » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:24 pm

I guess I'm not super sympathetic considering the other 99% of the MUD is trash for anyone not playing a channeler. Group composition ends up mattering more.

Stanislav

Post by Stanislav » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Ominas wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 am
Ahh I see you’re just as slow as you always were. Thanks for adding nothing Stan.
There is nothing really to add to your(and alikes) general whining about every single game aspect that doesn't favour your way. This game have degraded into a bambymud over years and became easier and easier and easier and even more easier because people kept whining about things they can't handle. Grow some balls and stop begging about everything to be removed so game becomes even easier for you.

p.s. I always been slow, but wtf does it mean in current context?

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:48 am

lol @ bambymud, i love it. Can we consider all of the following already said to keep focus on the main discussion.

'Stop whining about balance/playability issues - anything works'

'Gitgud like me and then you won't need to complain'

'Grow some balls for '90s text game'

'You lead channies around/are a stabby fade etc hence I will not respond to a single thing you said and just criticise your playstyle'

'Things were much harder 20 years ago so nothing needs changing now'

'You're playing a handheld side/class you have absolutely nothing worth listening to'

missing a couple maybe

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:01 am

Stanislav wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:33 pm
Ominas wrote:
Ahh I see you’re just as slow as you always were. Thanks for adding nothing Stan.
There is nothing really to add to your(and alikes) general whining about every single game aspect that doesn't favour your way. This game have degraded into a bambymud over years and became easier and easier and easier and even more easier because people kept whining about things they can't handle. Grow some balls and stop begging about everything to be removed so game becomes even easier for you.

Stanislav wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:33 pm
Ominas wrote:

It matters in the current context because your posts, the first, and this one I’m quoting are worthless. They add nothing to the discussion. They are genuinely meaningless.

Sort of like putting a fade in your hands.

Now you can look at it as whining, if you want. Or you can recognize that even after all this time in the game your actual knowledge of how it works and operates is fairly small. This is not an insult. Unlike the rest. I just learned something from Jestin and Weir on the last page after all. There’s always room for improvement.

Since you brought up “safe mud,” Wouldn’t the removal of channeling mobs make the game less safe and thus be a good thing? By your logic I mean. It sounds like we’re at least partially in agreement.

Here’s how I see it and why I said you added nothing to this thread and gave you a hard time.

You’ve got some of the top pkers in the game posting in this thread. All saying similar things and for the most part being subjective. Along comes your derpy stabby fade self, wearing a paper crown with a sticky gold star that you put on yourself, wobbling too and fro on legs that barely work, waving a wooden sword. “This game is too easy! Stop changing things I don’t understand!”

Have a good one Stan : )
Last edited by Ominas on Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:07 am

isabel wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:48 am
lol @ bambymud, i love it. Can we consider all of the following already said to keep focus on the main discussion.
What is the main discussion?

Started out as pure post death fine wine.

Are master quests supposed to be risk free?