Seriously - why does this dung happen

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
arston

Re: Seriously - why does this dung happen

Post by arston » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Nevaeh wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:07 am
isabel wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 am
channie mobs / gate emotes / inky drain kind of stuff, it's really like there's a finely poised chess battle between world class players going on for 3 hours and then a dog comes and pees all over it and then looks at you and wags his tail like ISNT THIS FUN.
I was following you when you said “ channie mobs / gate emotes / inky drain kind of stuff, ”, and then it went into the clouds of nonsensical. Are we equating 1 Warder pair, 2 other Warders, 1 Master using justice, and 3 others killing Maeltor or Blarg when only 2 possible enemies online to world class events that are exciting for 3 hours only for resistance to be a dog peeing all over them?😂
*1 other, there was 5 of us total, and two possible enemies at START of the cityhead hit. which i give even odds if the 5 dont overextend themselves, but the moment we got low from it there was suddenly 4 enemies with a dreadlord and a fade who knew exactly where to be and hit instantly, which is ALSO super fun, but not what the post was about

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Whilst mob channeling will never equate to PC channeling, I find it ironic the guy who habitually has multiple FC's in tow moaning about dying rapidly to weaves. Welcome to the other side, where the grass is definitely not greener.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:05 pm

It's also 100% a dline south room which he didnt do.

Sux to be on the losing end but at the same time, door traps inside cities don't generate a heap of sympathy.

Stanislav

Post by Stanislav » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:40 am

arston wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:22 pm
*1 other, there was 5 of us total, and two possible enemies at START of the cityhead hit. which i give even odds if the 5 dont overextend themselves, but the moment we got low from it there was suddenly 4 enemies with a dreadlord and a fade who knew exactly where to be and hit instantly, which is ALSO super fun, but not what the post was about
Lets see. Draz, Rauchek, Ryzom, Trakis, Relena, Arston, Rhys. Yeah, you are right, looks like five total.

Thore

Post by Thore » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:11 am

Sometimes you get the smob, sometimes the smob gets you!

Draz

Post by Draz » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:19 am

Is that all we had?
Surprised we weren't smashed earlier in that case.

This is an aside - the post was complaining that channeling mobs shouldn't be used as mobile imm driven support.
And if they are, that there should be specific protocols in place.
For example not hitting 'safe' rooms without specific announcement as the AFK people will mob rip.
Having mobs narrate that they're coming for you. etc.
Its chortlesnorfling great to have imm interaction, but having it at a level people can react to I think would have a lot of pros.
Players, and groups, can react to one channeling mob,.. once you get 2 or 3 you're just talking instant death for whoever lucks out.

Absolutely nothing to do with hitting DLJ (instant death typically), DGs in TKD call mobbing (not exactly fun, but a known element), DGs in SH call mobbing (but specifically not call mobbing DLJ who can't move), DGs and DL in RK, randomly ported DGs, or damane, and multiple damane in the various locations where they load.

Yes I lead multiple fcs regularly. I also chase, and split the group, and chortlesnorfling take non pkers into dangerous situations. If you don't want your easy kills then by all means I can do this dung via organising with decent pkers and leet players to hit together, and you won't ever get a non-imm driven event where you have the slightest chortlesnorfling chance of doing anything but dying. Or just not chortlesnorfling coming north, and you moan all chortlesnorfling day about nothing happening. For me, someone leads a non-pker into a DS city - i KNOW who I'm targetting, who I'm splitting from the group, whose random communications, panic, or just not instant responsiveness is whats going to cause the leet pkers in the group to try and help them and maybe, just maybe, die. About the only situation where leading multiple fcs is just an instant win is when you are already in a committed door fight, and the FCs gate in. At which point you have chortlesnorfling chosen to be in a committed door fight.

You've got the option of no channels, you have patrols, you have fireworks, you can just flee and move before weaves or bashes can go off, you are chortlesnorfling smart enough to figure out if trying a stab is suicide or not, act like it and act on it instead of a whining.
This game is about, when it comes down to it, giving people a context to have fun together. Whether thats solo pk, group smobbing, farming, or hitting high risk targets - having immortal led multiple channeler mobs do anything is just not a good time for pretty much anyone, or something that can be balanced against. Ditto for instant kill mobs and mobol.
Leading newer players, and smobbers, and just whoever happens to be bored and want to do something, or chortlesnorfling willing to help those people who want to do something but need a decent group to achieve it, is as far as I'm concerned, fantastic for whoever gets to group and do stuff, and FANTASTIC for the people who want to kill them.

In this case you have 5ish humans pking, at least one is new, at least one professes to not be good at pk, at least one is rusty, all of us were low moves, most of us were poisoned, there were two targets able to move between at least 3 fade patrols, the smith, and e n maeltor, and the only reason we managed to kill maeltor with his anti bash coding is because they just never came and hit us despite coming zone when we hit. Anything other than solo vs 7+ is fightable and winnable in these situations - if your opponent takes risks. If you're solo and go to hit 7+ then I think you should probably be considering

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:22 am

No matter what, insta channeling mobs are not good for pk. Highly suggest doing whatever we can to minimize the damage. For example, maybe making DGs/DLs only flame strike or something. Would still be pretty powerful but not the insta deaths that they currently cause.

Thore

Post by Thore » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:24 am

Are their mobol weaves subject to weather?

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:44 am

Jestin wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:22 am
No matter what, insta channeling mobs are not good for pk. Highly suggest doing whatever we can to minimize the damage. For example, maybe making DGs/DLs only flame strike or something. Would still be pretty powerful but not the insta deaths that they currently cause.
Good step. I’d just remove them all entirely. Or keep them in game and make them unable to weave like Tower Sedai. Ignoring Moridin etc of course. (So grateful TV was severely downed even if it is nearly impossible to kill someone there now)

Buff the areas with a few more mobs if you want.

Mobol weaves aren’t actual weaves just emotes, Thore, which is why you can catch 4 in one go and insta. So no weather doesn’t matter.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:10 am

Think problem with TV/tower is more to do with the zone design/size than anything else. I still really miss old Tower with it's 10-odd rooms :lol:

I get the use of a powerful mob backup against vast numbers, but the insta-multi weaveing wizkil stuff is just bad for any estimates/everything. You see the best players insta-dying to it and it is a shame.