See you all later.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Jaster

Re: See you all later.

Post by Jaster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 am

An immortal decision has me just crawling to get back to the game. Literally ;)
You have a ps4?

Serkhan

Post by Serkhan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:28 am

I don't know anything about the situation but I hate seeing anyone leave. Sorry to see you go.

Did Toribo exploit a known bug in hitting the city?

Baal

Post by Baal » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:23 am

He had zero knowledge of the bug, not that it would have mattered in the case of his hit, because there was nobody there to kill them anyway.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 am

Seems pretty absurd to me. I'm sorry that it's forcing you away from the game. I like anyone would be quite peeved at this as well. By the sounds of it lightside had little to no chance of doing anything. And only a chance because of buggy game mechanics. So why should the "bug" or "loophole abuse" even matter? It was a well orchestrated and timed event that was set up for success. I've said it once and I'll say it again. While I love our imms and everything they do for the game and time they freely put into it. There is and has been a huge disconnect between them and us and what's right and wrong to do.

This is a old game, that has a floundering player base. If there's nothing truly absolutely pointing towards abuse why try to drive other players away. Why does something like this need to happen? The disconnect is real, and the punishments and acquisitions are those of our 100+ days. This game is a time sink of vast proportions. It takes much longer to do things then it once did, unless your truly on all the time with no life.

Another instance of this disconnect is my friend Conall. The guy is a absolute stand up person, I'd trust him with anything and everything. Yet he does a couple clan quests 2 or 3 times on accident and gets docked a nice chunk for it. Not only that he then get's told he has to wait like 3 months for his master quest. 3 MONTHS...is that even remotely right? I know for a fact this dude was not trying to abuse anything or cheat the game. He simply forgot he did them. Some of these punishments and allegations by imms are just absurd and really need to be revised and looked into.

I don't like fades as much as the next guy really. I think there absurdly overpowered and need to be downed. Especially in a lower player base such as we have. But if this dude is up for fading. He put forth the time and effort, which is no small feat now days. Let the man get his reward already. Stop being so anal when you know there is no true malice behind the players attempt. If it's clear cut malice and abuse ok sure hit them with some punishment. Something like this is game mechanics and silly. They said they'd of been done and out if not for a long standing bug not even relating to the current one. Give the guy a break dam.

Melayna

Post by Melayna » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 pm

best of luck, mud is dead anyway if you aren't a smobber

toribio

Post by toribio » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Apparently a bunch of you took this as I was leaving or quitting the mud. This is not the case. I just needed some time away from mud to calm down. I feel I was unjustly punished for something that had little to no effect on the situation. I trusted in common sense of the situation and was let down.

I have calmed down enough not to just go crazy on globals or on the boards anymore. Unfortunately this is the last week of my vacation so play time will be dropping quite a bit soon anyway so probably wont have time to complete this task again (assuming we can ever hit cities again.)

So all that being said I am around, still disgruntled, but hanging in there.

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:49 am

Looks like it worked out one way or another. Grats on fading!

Livae

Post by Livae » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:29 am

Yep congratulations. :)

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:23 am

it was all a ruse I tell you... he just posted this to get you all to think you didnt need any vigiliance no more!

Nobody ever leaves after all..

Horror

Post by Horror » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:24 am

Yeah Razhak is right he trolled you all! Congrats Toribio, well deserved, enjoy it :)