Change to Master Damage

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Davor

Re: Change to Master Damage

Post by Davor » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:26 pm

I do agree that master postures are bullshit for absers. They always have been. Normal and defensive is useless for abs. I used to whine about this a lot when I played abs but the dominating class and desireable gear has always been dodge and combo.

I don’t know about giving warriors specifically love but perhaps some love to absers- who are predominantly warriors now that hunters are all 19 19 19 combo.

I’m ok with warriors having a damage bonus at baseline which would exceed all other classes and remove the defense mitigation.

Also, can we please down channelers and rogues further. How much easier are we going to make it for them. I’ve been reading all the recent logs. Nonsense.

Please make it cost MVS to spam backstab. Why the duck does spamming bash cost mvs but stab doesn’t get it.

Channeler sps pool should be nerfed by 30% across the board or regeneration should be nerfed by 50%.

With auto track being broken 8 years ago and all the sneak and shitty weather nonsense, hunters should get some more love too. Able to lead one more sounds good to me 😇

As to OP post about earning it. My understanding is rank 7 will still have the highest damage bonus? It’s just split across all ranks? So you are still earning it rank by rank. If you earn a higher rank you earned a higher damage bonus?

I do love all the changes. Finally some changes happening. Can never make everyone happy and change for the sake of change is idiotic(weapons changes) but at least the game has something going! Now if only we can fix the lag so it doesn’t seem like we are playing a 1990 game on 1970s servers.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:23 pm

We're covering a lot of ground here:

-Warriors. I get people's frustration. I had zero warriors before berserk attack. I made like 9 warriors. I turned my Ghar hunter into a warrior. Its a big step down. No one would have created warriors for the current bonus set. That said - the former warrior attack and current fade/warder attack was/is insane and shouldn't have been implemented/kept. I still somewhat hope that they'll bring back warrior attack but massively capped - something like 15% or Level/(3 to 5) ie. 51/5. Even without practicing attack the level 51 attack rate was too high (like 60%). We were all essentially zerking saying - die b*tches when we should have been saying - dear god give me a round of attack. I feel for absers through time (the game has not been kind to them) and I still snicker thinking about how they briefly had their moment in the sun, but it was too much.

-Current balance of weapons and what not. This is still malleable. Parry can be downed. Combo weapons can be downed. These are fixable problems. The game's code inherently favors defensive builds. I don't feel like that was said enough during the last discussion. Landing a hit on a defensive player is a long line of "ifs". Post more logs so people can see the situation.

-As for damage. The floor has been raised and the ceiling has been lowered. I think Itesh's idea was clever - people both complained that masters were too good while also indicating they felt it took too long to kill people or that no one could die unless a master was present. And we ended up where we are now. I sure as hell hope we don't later find out that exceptions were made for the favored few. The history of this game is implementing something and then later quietly finding out it was better for certain clans than everyone else.

Sometimes people's sacred cows die. Its painful but the history of the game has been creating people >>>> way way up here and everyone else. The spread between the perks at the top and the bottom needs to be much more minimal. Mostly gutting master lead was an amazing step. This change seems like it has potential. We need to look at weird things and exploits and non-ideals. ie. spamming backstab. Or how can we balance dodge when ARMOR is in the. We fiddle with all the items and then leave a 10+ DB spell in the game.

iria

Post by iria » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:08 pm

This change seems to help absers a fair bit, since they're the ones taking the damage. This way they'll take a little less vs masters, but a little more against the regular fella. Seems like a decent trade off. As to the comments about ob/pb, I somewhat agree.

So for what its worth I think this is a nice idea, evens out the playingfield. I'd probably rather have seen postures be done with and master damage kept where its at, but this also works and keeps masters "unique".

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:54 pm

Trauma wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm
As for warriors... I personally dont think a class should ever have 'a good run'. There are plenty of sharp people on this game that should be able to figure something out rather than nerfing them so hard you might as well just play an abs hunter. Hell, at least they get auto-track. There are some stubborn warriors out there that stick to their guns and ride it out, hoping/waiting for the buff they deserve.

I mean there have been so many changes I barely recognize the game from what it was. Stab, warriors, all the gear, master damage, rerolls, statting, etc. I mean what the hell happened? ;)
The problem is the players. Not the imms. If they just went silent and ignored the players, I'm pretty confident they put together some good stuff. Instead, they're listening to a bunch of whiners, myself included, and balancing around that.

Also the game is the same. Just some things have been reskinned. You'll know this if you've been around a while. Yeah there's lots of new mechanics and quests and stuff, but it's the same game.

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:09 pm

isabel wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:21 pm
Blytz - I don't expect much of what you/i/other warriors have said to go through to people who haven't played warriors with the love and tears we have, but glad you put some of this out there.
Wait who hasn't played a warrior for 21 years. ... But I've played other classes almost as long (not hunters!).

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:28 pm

In regards to balance.. After 2 decades, Razhak went full-pull combo.

I think that should tell people enough about how the current balance is :P

Hope

Post by Hope » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:31 pm

I love the change. My concern is that you lose master damage (+3) when you remort. That is absurd and not thought out. The changes lately I don’t mind, what I do mind is the lack of thought and planning before dumping things on their head, with zero consideration of the people who worked 15 + years working on their characters just to have them weakened or made obsolete on the whim of a few people. The lack of communication, haphazard implementation of drastic changes is why I have left wotmud. And yes ominas, the game is probably better without me.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:34 pm

You can still rank like everyone else and get more damage as a remort. Remorts don't need a boost in damage. Especially dreadlords. They have a ton of bonuses and almost no maluses that come with any of it. Spoken from a remort who also lost on damage :)

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Those poor poor remorts how ever will they survive?

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:31 pm

Rig wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:34 pm
You can still rank like everyone else and get more damage as a remort. Remorts don't need a boost in damage. Especially dreadlords. They have a ton of bonuses and almost no maluses that come with any of it. Spoken from a remort who also lost on damage :)
I think that’s what confused me the most. A few people said it makes remorts pointless. I think this mentality is a good indicator of some of the problems we face with the player base.

I mean this genuinely, what I’m about to say is not me taking shots. I know I troll a lot and tweak your noses, but I do have some care for you and your well being and obviously care about the game.

Thore’s post was great. And it’s something a lot of players really need to sit back and think about. Are we/you the problem? I don’t mean you as a person, so much as your mentality. An ambiguous you, mind.

Why are some of you really upset here? Because to me it doesn’t make sense. Rank up if you want more damage. The loss of an average amount of 3 damage is making you all lose your minds? Because that’s what we’re talking about here. Please notice I said average.

Eols post was great. As always. Thanks for posting, always good to read your thoughts on something.

Also agree with Davor and Iria.