PSA for Accepteds (ooc)

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
aish

PSA for Accepteds (ooc)

Post by aish » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:00 am

At the risk of piling on admin work I don't really want to do...

I keep hearing from people about not wanting preferential treatment in the Tower so just posting this for everyone who has a Tower alt.

It is NOT preferential treatment to ICly ask an Aes Sedai about your overall progress, and what you need to do next.

It is NOT preferential treatment to request a check for mails you may have sent about quests you have completed and whether it was awarded or not.

It is NOT preferential treatment and will NOT get you perma-no-voted to OOCly briefly share any issues you're facing with the process such as time zone issues, not knowing whether to send tells etc. (I can't speak for other Sedai, but most are quite reasonable - when in doubt feel free to ask me).

You DO have to do the requirements which are the AQPS and the Class, and any other requirements the Ajah/mentor may have set. IF you haven't done the class and are not progressing it's not because everyone hates you.

What you did 100 years ago on Wotmud has no bearing on the current process as most of those Sedai aren't around. What you did 10 days ago though certainly will.

If you did a lot of work but keep going inactive, you do need to put together some kind of paper trail (even a summary) otherwise current people will not know you (as they are not omniscent).

Think that is all.. also please feel free to reach out in-game (not forum mail it is horrible) to my extremely close friend Isabel of the Shienaran Lancers as she owes her life to the White Tower and will pass on any messages. :lol:

Thore

Re: PSA for Accepteds (ooc)

Post by Thore » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:23 am

Aha! Is Aish a Sedai or full of WISDOM?!

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:54 pm

+1

I'm usually much more reach-able on Discord or email than I am via forum PM these days, for what it's worth.

Erulisse

Post by Erulisse » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:08 am

I move that all Aes Sedai who have ajah tasks to issue should alter their title as follows:

Erulisse Avehelm, The Brown Recluse [!]

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 pm

They need to rp they are spiders in title?!

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:19 am

I would like to thank Aish for an extremely useful and important post.

To add something:

there is a difference between IC and OOC. It is possible, that an Aes Sedai is giving you a hard time and a challenge IC, and definitely isn't trying to sabotage you OOC (why would anyone do that?!). If all RP was just being nice over a cup of tea, it would be very boring.

If someone gives you feedback IC or OOC (I go to OOC mostly if the message really doesn't seem to pass IC), it is not hate, it is desire to help you improve. Truth be told, the feedback I got as an Apprentice was extremely useful and the times without proper and honest feedback were horrible, as they lead to the very typical burnout "I am doing everything right and have put in so much time, so why is it not working?" Feedback is good. Ask for it, and receive it.

While vast majority of things should be communicated IC, tell us important OOC factors affecting the interactions. It is only human, that you are playing with a baby that suddenly wakes up, or that you do not have a too academic background and therefore some aspects of Tower RP are harder for you, or that you are not a native English speaker (this one is my case, and it really was hard at first. I didn't tell people, so I probably just seemed very stupid). And there could be more examples of course.

Or that you play in a "bad" timezone. When I was an Accepted, there was an unfortunate period of time, when I was putting in several hours every day, yet Aes Sedai thought I was probably inactive! Tell us, if this is your case!

Also: leave a trace. Even if you cannot meet Aes Sedai in person, post a RP log of something else. If you get asked to send logs (RP or PK) to a particular Aes Sedai, do it, don't count on the Aes Sedai reading the whole forum in hopes of finding some post from you. Your non Tower smob group partners, pk allies, or just people you meet and do stuff with, can send us a message praising you.
You DO have to do the requirements which are the AQPS and the Class, and any other requirements the Ajah/mentor may have set. IF you haven't done the class and are not progressing it's not because everyone hates you.
This one is really true. Stuff like QPS, AQPs, waiting times get discussed all the time. The message "it's not just about QPs" seems to not really reach some of you. The Apprenticeship tasks and overall activities are important. The tasks are meant as an opportunity to try out activities typical of your chosen Ajah, give the Ajah an opportunity to get to know you (which is essential for your progress), help you improve at something, and to have fun. If you are really not enjoying the Apprenticeship tasks, it is very much possible that you are simply not a good fit for the particular Ajah and nobody will hold that against you!

Liia

Post by Liia » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:38 am

Erulisse wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:08 am
I move that all Aes Sedai who have ajah tasks to issue should alter their title as follows:

Erulisse Avehelm, The Brown Recluse [!]
I lol'd hahaha