Game Balance to Encourage Wholist Balance

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Chrissy

Re: Game Balance to Encourage Wholist Balance

Post by Chrissy » Wed May 26, 2021 8:32 pm

Two ideas I had:

1. Have a mob somewhere where you can feed it all the scalps, and then say something ("For the Light" or similar), which makes it calculate value of all scalps and split it among everyone in the room.
2. Have a few mobs somewhere that let you hand it a head, and it will give you a banner with the head piked on it. This would essentially be the same as the final banner of a herald. Say the phrase (again, "for the light" or something), and it can reward 2 QP per person, up to 4.

Not sure how good these ideas are, but splitting stuff up after pk should not be causing the amount of angst it currently does, where stuff seems to disappear, or the logistics are too difficult to coordinate. I've taken breaks in the past because of people being shady with scalps/eq and did not feel like hounding people with tells to get stuff, so anything to make this easier would be a big win in my book.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Mobol is absolute trash at doing math. It can, in a very limited capacity and then for every number it might add up to, it needs a separate block to trigger off which very speedily equals mob = full. Counting players in room and splitting any total is like a hard nope.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed May 26, 2021 9:15 pm

Eol wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:52 pm
(2) Or. Do not accept the base wiped item at all. Make clear to people that once the split starts they need to turn in prior to crash/reboot etc. Ie. have a room with the taxidermist + the accepting mob. Have the taxidermist even give a warning and the ability to drop.
Personally, I'd go with not giving qps for base items at all and maybe just giving something else for that. Scalps for vials was a fiasco in terms of This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, so vials seem like a bad idea. A few random good herbs? Some gold? Not sure Staff would want more tps things tbh.

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy » Wed May 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Elysia wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 pm
Mobol is absolute trash at doing math. It can, in a very limited capacity and then for every number it might add up to, it needs a separate block to trigger off which very speedily equals mob = full. Counting players in room and splitting any total is like a hard nope.
So 1 DS head spawning a banner sounds like the better option! Assuming it is easy to just adjust the number of people who can claim the QP reward from it.

Eol

Post by Eol » Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 pm

Elysia wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:15 pm
Eol wrote:
(2) Or. Do not accept the base wiped item at all. Make clear to people that once the split starts they need to turn in prior to crash/reboot etc. Ie. have a room with the taxidermist + the accepting mob. Have the taxidermist even give a warning and the ability to drop.
Personally, I'd go with not giving qps for base items at all and maybe just giving something else for that. Scalps for vials was a fiasco in terms of This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, so vials seem like a bad idea. A few random good herbs? Some gold? Not sure Staff would want more tps things tbh.
It should send you on a complicated mobol quest written by the most junior Immortal that ultimately is worth 1 questpoint ;)

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Wed May 26, 2021 11:48 pm

Elysia wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:57 pm
This is why my suggestion was a scalp turn in mob that is give all players in room 1-2qps. All in room i imagined was possible from other mobs doing it.(smobs, ctf tps etc).
Dont try and make perfect value equivilent, just a turn in that gives everybody in room something instead of 1 person. Don't even really need to police it, there's plenty more abuse of unearned scalps and "missing" scalps in normal pk because they cant be shared.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu May 27, 2021 4:51 pm

You're not the one who finds people setting up meet and greets with their friend's trolloc just prior to master. :P The tracking is just how we operate. Even not taking into account shady stuff, a mob tracking turn ins allowed someone to get 94 qps this week because they'd been turning in to the wrong mob. Just a quick check to see how many scalps were turned in and they got compensated.

That's one problem though with room wide awarding, it's not very tracking friendly. As in, I've spent a few hours thinking if that can even be made to work and I'm not seeing it. But I might be more dense than usual today, who knows.

raal

Post by raal » Thu May 27, 2021 11:21 pm

Could be a good borderland type bonus - maybe only the borderguards can give the scalp and then everyone in the room gets 1 qp...

I assume because its keyed to one clan they can police themselves?

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri May 28, 2021 3:16 am

Elysia wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:51 pm
You're not the one who finds people setting up meet and greets with their friend's trolloc just prior to master. :P The tracking is just how we operate. Even not taking into account shady stuff, a mob tracking turn ins allowed someone to get 94 qps this week because they'd been turning in to the wrong mob. Just a quick check to see how many scalps were turned in and they got compensated.

That's one problem though with room wide awarding, it's not very tracking friendly. As in, I've spent a few hours thinking if that can even be made to work and I'm not seeing it. But I might be more dense than usual today, who knows.
Is Itesh not allowed to create a little tracker/logging function? I'm assuming each item type (or scalp) has some kind of ID that could be used for logging purposes? Seems like this should be coding, not mobol..

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Elysia wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:15 pm
Eol wrote:
How about converting scalps into some kind of token. Then, people can turn in tokens for qps or gold?