Game Balance to Encourage Wholist Balance

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Game Balance to Encourage Wholist Balance

Post by Elysia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Nunzio wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 pm
How about converting scalps into some kind of token. Then, people can turn in tokens for qps or gold?
Let me just turn all these pk scalps into these new tokens, alt them and master my gleeman. ;)

It would happen, it happened with chits.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:08 pm

Tin chits used to get alted, so I don't really think that is a good idea.

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:28 pm

What was the problem with alting tin chits, or any kind of chit that wasn’t an exp chit? If I remember correctly they were limited at 5 a year and they were 3-5? qps. No point alting them at that point :)

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:31 pm

People still alted them. Before that, they were 10 qps and had no limit. There was lots of alting them.

For things to be converted away from scalps and into something else, there can't be a limit. People just can't help themselves.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:45 am

Maybe the command to convert scalps can include a list of names. The list of names has to be players currently online. The tokens generated are then inscribed with the name and respond to that name, so you can do something like ‘give nunzio nunzio’. Turning the tokens in would do a check against the name on the token and the name of the player giving it to the mob. If they don’t match, the mob can just destroy the token.

I don’t know if that all can happen without code changes. Hopefully it can all be done with the tools you have available

vaheed

Post by vaheed » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:03 pm

What was wrong with chunking them then distributing? Chunking for full qps that is. I would love to get even 1qp everytime i helped with a kill or spent an hr pking only to get denada.. a big reason why i dont fuss with scalp and eq splits anymore is because itll just piss me off.

Drybones

Post by Drybones » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Yeah, would be cool if it worked like the TP system. I do like the tp to qp conversion that tokens give, would be nice if that was the default with some scaling changes. But, alas, it's all just a pipe dream :P

arston

Post by arston » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:14 pm

what if instead of a scalp doing anything, if it awarded whoever got the killing blow 7 pk points similar to how tps are awarded but a separate temporary total (or however many that scalp wouldve been worth) and then that person then can go to a mob and "say award xxx qp for pk" and it takes away one of your pk points and awards that person a qp. that way you never have to worry about someone forgetting to scalp and the players can split the qps however they want without getting any extra or losing any.

it still means that someone could steal the last blow then sneak off with the qps and award themselves all of them, but at least if they were gonna do that then theyd have to vulture the killing blow instead of just being the fastest to scalp, so it wouldnt solve that entirely but it would help a lot in that direction.

iria

Post by iria » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:55 pm

that honestly seems like more work and harder to track than it is now.

Edit: I'd hate to be the one who got a killhit and have to go to x place to award y people, likely some I can't remember the name of and having to get in contact with everyone asking if they were there for x kill. Not to mention the headache if it is a long pk session with multiple killhits.

Also doesn't seem to address the abuse issue, ie. I kill Kryyg, he then alts to Davor and I award Davor my 7 PK points. Doubt imms are going to sift through all the logs making sure that Y award for X kill isn't to X's alt or whatever
Last edited by iria on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:57 pm

2 things off the top of my head, mobs get last hit a lot and secondly can you imagine trying to get davor or rig to keep the attention span long enough after pking to award qps? They struggle to even make it back to the city without going ld half the time in my experience.