Monthly changes - no channels.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Aira

Re: Monthly changes - no channels.

Post by Aira » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Toribio, you fail to mention it was 2 CoL bashers plus those fcs, with several of those fcs and one of the CoL being beat. Not the most ideal combination of characters and hps to hit a no-channel with. Imo that situation had nothing to do with the lack of fcs willing to hit, but everything with LS pker composition actually getting in the way of pk.

toribio

Post by toribio » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Did you all get beat up fighting mobs in blight without us then? Cause the two times we hit you everyone was full or close to.

It is besides the point. '

Its the attitude or the pkers these days who don't understand give and take in pk. I have to talk half of ds into pking vs channies in the first place and then when we fight its crappy tactics or no give and take. Its just a very different pk world these days and its not a good one.

Aira

Post by Aira » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:37 pm

toribio wrote:Its the attitude or the pkers these days who don't understand give and take in pk.
Funny, because that was the general feeling the people at Ragan expressed as well. And yes, some people got mauled by mobs a fair bit, one trying to make it through Sted and one getting stuck Blight. 1 beat up CoL and one with decent hps can't buff 4 plus mob. The 3 fcs couldn't either.

Also, through yells you kept saying we had 4 channies, which simply wasn't true at that time. By the time Ostran came to check and you finally realized we had 2 CoL + 3 channies, one of them had to leave, the remaining channies weren't grouping and that was the end of that.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Since when does being CoL matter at all anymore. Isn't there a truce now due to lower playerbase?

Naerin

Post by Naerin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:50 pm

No, there's no truce right now. We still can't group.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Rayven

A Sermon on the Mount

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:32 am

A very tall man riding a battle-trained gray destrier arrives from the south with an envoy of Children. His white cloak with a crimson crook and baring the silver clasp engraved with a flaring sunburst denote his place in the Hand of Light and the deferring presence of the populace suggest a prominent position for him in those ranks.

His gaze moves about his audience--from the elegantly dressed citizens of the city, to the Amadacian cityguards, to his comrades who work for the glory of the Light. There is a general sense of confusion to the activity. But, the calm of the Children settles the citizenry and all look up at the figure on the mount in hopes of a better tomorrow.

"As the Wheel of time turns we must take account to what stands ahead and what choices we make to perform our services to the Light."

The Hand looks from Child to Child, obviously glazing over the citizens who bask in the glow of reflected light.

"It seems that the Final Battle is gradually growing closer and the Shadow has edged forward, continuing its attempt to strengthen its hold on the borderlands. Those of us who frequent those areas know the dire need for collaboration to push the Shadow back."

The Hand pats his mount, a war-worn horse, tosses its hair in understanding.

"For this reason, the Hand will not bring Children in for questioning who choose to group with female channelers in the battle against the Shadow."

The crowd gasps in terror and a few Children look between themselves in a mixture of disappointment and surprise. Among the Disciples of the Light a few murmurs of dissent are heard loud enough to suggest a rise in action against such a bold statement.

"Calm yourselves, Brothers and Sisters, listen and heed the words of Lothair Mantelar. The Way of the Light tells us it is the One Source's temptation to corrupt that leads to the Shadows success. It is the manifestation of that corruption that we see in male channelers as they devolve into madness. It is that madness by temptation that led the Dark One to access something of the Creator. We should not be so quick to judge that which aims to punish the Shadow until we have some reason to judge the holder who may have strayed from the path of the Light."

The gray destrier grunts in annoyance at his bridle, but the bobbing of his head suggests a general agreement. The death of the murmurs ring out the sound of silence before the booming voice continues to echo across the square.

"Listen clearly, the struggle against the Shadow outweighs all other concerns. It is your choice in the borderlands whether or not you wish to group with female channelers or criminals against the Shadow. Should you make the choice, though, do it anonymously. Avoid unnecessary explanations to those who would question your dedication to the Light. Follow the laws of the borderlands and keep your head revealed, leave your cloaks, clasps, and bolts at the inn."

The Disciples and the Children at the square look to one another for something to hold onto, but among the dissenters, there are more than a few faces smiling. The Hand dismounts and the destrier finds his way to the fountain and drinks neatly out of a trough.

Two citizens, lost in the dimming dint of the sermon and the growing hum of accord, look at each other with a fair amount of confusion. A traveler passing by the city stops between them.

"My! That was quite a show. And to think I was here at this time for this specific thing to take place! Truly astonishing!"

One of the citizens rolls his eyes at the traveler. The other steps forward next to him.

"Yes, but, quite disappoint for a sermon on a mount. I expected bigger things."

The Hand moves through the crowd before coming to his destrier and pulling the bridle south to the bright shining gates of the Fortress of the Light. He continues through the corridors to the Dome of Truth and kneels in prayer, awaiting a response, and the wisdom of the Creator.
So this ToL post is not in effect?

Rayven

Post by Rayven » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 pm

That's definitely not a treaty. Also, if you looked at any of the Children involved you would notice they still wear the white cloaks because it's not really interesting for characters to sacrifice their clan standings in exchange for making PK easier for other races who are impatient.

Don't think you've played LS, but I think you've been around long enough to know that posts don't affect things, immortals do.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:27 am

What does it actually mean then? Other than "group with channelers , follow the borderlands rules and do it anon".
"For this reason, the Hand will not bring Children in for questioning who choose to group with female channelers in the battle against the Shadow."
Sounds like quite clear sidstepping of HoL RP in the name of fighting the dark (pk).
"Listen clearly, the struggle against the Shadow outweighs all other concerns. It is your choice in the borderlands whether or not you wish to group with female channelers or criminals against the Shadow. Should you make the choice, though, do it anonymously. Avoid unnecessary explanations to those who would question your dedication to the Light. Follow the laws of the borderlands and keep your head revealed, leave your cloaks, clasps, and bolts at the inn."
It's their choice, do it anon and adhere to the rules of the borderlands, yes you can group with a channie vs the dark if you feel it is required and you will not be punished for it.

This was all the information i had seen on the topic and it really comes across to me like the HoL saying "Ok peoples of Amador, times come when we have so few men and women left that we need to band together to fight the dark or fall ourselves".

I might be missing pieces of the puzzle here in regards to how Lightside RP actually works. As a DSer if Chosen or masters of clans post things on ToD they are generally to be taken seriously on some level or another, however maybe this is different on LS?

Was this just you doing some creative stuff?? Don't get me wrong here I am honestly not worried if they want to break RP for the sake of actually having fun on a video game. I would rather have people playing and making things fun than avoiding each other when there are so few of us left.

Lenara

Post by Lenara » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:00 am

The main difference in this situation is that on DS there is a set hierarchy with Chosen at the top. What a Chosen says, goes. Doesn't matter where you are, there are no different territories. They are the ultimate authority (excluding immortal intervention).

On LS there is nothing even resembling a similar hierarchy; Things are much more political. No one person can speak for the side, or generally even for an entire clan. This is why usually when any sort of official statement is made it will often be co-signed by multiple council/masters of the clan that is saying it, but even then it doesn't actually apply to anywhere outside of where they have the authority to enforce it.

So Rayven's post would be best interpreted as him saying that under the conditions stated, he would not personally be questioning anyone for grouping with an FC. But that doesn't mean other HoL wouldn't, and it doesn't mean that they can group with any channelers. Tower channelers are still not allowed, by Tar Valons own laws, to group with wanteds.

Politics!

Aira

Post by Aira » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Spyder wrote:Was this just you doing some creative stuff?? Don't get me wrong here I am honestly not worried if they want to break RP for the sake of actually having fun on a video game. I would rather have people playing and making things fun than avoiding each other when there are so few of us left.
This was Rayven trying to start a discussion on whether this would be desirable and stating that he will not prosecute *oL characters who group with fcs. There are several *oL who see the issues with not being able to group leading to the end of pk several times a week, which isn't really helping anyone. LS goes in, pk ends, DS isn't having fun either. People usually log off or go afk, making it harder to get things started again and frequently with less people involved.

Rayven sent a mail to Pedron Niall and his own clan mob and then I got called in by Niall to explain this letter I had never seen. Given that response, my educated guess is that if an *oL were to group with channelers, there's a chance they'd find themselves punished by imms. Which would be kind of comical because years ago on alts I've seen *oL group with fcs that are actually channeling, even directing weaves, and they were not punished despite having been reported. It would just be my luck though to be the first to be made an example of.

Wishes and reality are vastly different things. So yes, Rayven may not actively prosecute *oL who group with channelers, but imms might. Not worth risking 10+ years of work, as much as the general game situation might benefit in cases like Toribio listed, or like yesterday when Santino was too lagged and couldn't function as a buffer along with the 2 fcs and fencing blade tickler vs 4-5. Neither could I. And thus pk ended. Again.