RP clan rank & master bonuses?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Sanguine

RP clan rank & master bonuses?

Post by Sanguine » Fri May 07, 2021 7:00 am

Anyone have any cool ideas for clan bonuses related to RP? I think they should be more "functional" than re-tooling a weapon or gear, but not be too PK-specific, unless they encourage the PKers to RP. But they'd have to be acquirable outside of traditional QPs then, which is unlikely. Glee-flee or fireworks are some examples of RP rewards that can still affect PK (not sure on Glee-flee, don't remember all the mechanics W.R.T. PK).

Kordin

Re: RP clan rank & master bonuses?

Post by Kordin » Fri May 07, 2021 8:37 am

Not sure what you're asking...

Bonuses for RP for each clan?

or

RP bonuses for each clan that aren't purely PK bonuses?

As for encouraging PKers, or people in general to RP;
  • rpkudos
  • festivals (see Elys last announcement post)
  • Councils award for RP logs
  • Imms occasionally/randomly award for elaborate RP(I don't know if that's still a thing tbh)
  • treaties between clans
War system is also a chance to RP (and I guess eventually Pk) however that can lead to one side having all the fun, the other going inactive etc.

For treaties - you'd need to check with Staff what your clan could potentially offer in this case as AFAIK not all clans have much/anything to offer - i.e. greendoor/ornatedoor. There are also liaison quests, which could be added to more places, and IIRC having a treaty means you get max reward for the quest.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri May 07, 2021 9:03 am

Boomsticks that accidently go off during shows and damage everyone in room!

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am

I should have clarified, let's pretend that every single clan gets master damage at rank 7. But they also get a really cool role play bonus. And then pretend that all the other clans that have various bonuses at different ranks, like riding a torm, also get an equivalent role-played bonus at those ranks. Just curious what ideas people can come up with, I've got a few, but not many since I haven't thought about it that much yet. Crowdsourcing ideas.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Fri May 07, 2021 10:18 am

Sanguine wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am
I should have clarified, let's pretend that every single clan gets master damage at rank 7. But they also get a really cool role play bonus. And then pretend that all the other clans that have various bonuses at different ranks, like riding a torm, also get an equivalent role-played bonus at those ranks. Just curious what ideas people can come up with, I've got a few, but not many since I haven't thought about it that much yet. Crowdsourcing ideas.
Well give some examples, because only RP bonus I can think of is from being a Blademaster - Get cool emotes and your drawing and sheathing messages are replaced with "XYZ Folds the Frying Pan" or whatever it is.

Anything I can think of is not purely RP, but also has an impact on PvP and PvE in one way or another.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Fri May 07, 2021 10:18 am

Detritus wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:03 am
Boomsticks that accidently go off during shows and damage everyone in room!
Yes...accidentally.... :mrgreen:

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Fri May 07, 2021 10:39 am

I think there are many RP bonuses in the game already. I think it well designed RP bonus should also affect and be useful for either smobbing, or less importantly, player killing. Let's assume a Gleeman can flee n a specific direction away from a fade, well tumbling or doing somersaults or whatever those guys do. That's an awesome role play bonus, and if balanced well enough with a timer, is a perk to PK too. Maybe an elite player killer would want to role play a character into the clan, just to get that bonus. That's win-win, especially if the elite player killer comes around to the importance of role play. I know that's a vision the staff has, so I'm just coming up with ways we as players can give them ideas that they can use or discard. Make sense?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 am

There are so many clans in the game that giving them all a unique and useful pk bonus is going to be hard. I don't even want to think about unique and fun RP bonuses, since the options are so much more limited. And as much as RP is important, I think coding things like fixing the statting system should always take priority over such RP bonuses.

I appreciate where your heart is, but I estimate you're jumping the gun by a few years.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Tue May 25, 2021 7:13 am

I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a repository of ideas when/if work gets started on it. And hey, dreaming's fun too!

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Tue May 25, 2021 8:53 am

Elysia wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 am
I don't even want to think about unique and fun RP bonuses, since the options are so much more limited. And as much as RP is important, I think coding things like fixing the statting system should always take priority over such RP bonuses.

I appreciate where your heart is, but I estimate you're jumping the gun by a few years.
Nah, sorry if it comes across otherwise Ely, but this is simply a thought experiment. If no actually change comes from it, that's OK! It's for my own head. Let's assume I'm building Kinslayer 2 (never played #1) and I'm crowdsourcing ideas!

PS who made Kinslayer #1 again? Idk that I ever knew.