RP clan rank & master bonuses?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
delsie

Re: RP clan rank & master bonuses?

Post by delsie » Sat May 29, 2021 11:33 am

does anyone think it would be a good idea to survey the playerbase that's left and let them prioritize what we work on? Even if the staff is the one that comes up with the options and not the playerbase (playerbase would be ideal but, staff knows what we can physically do and can't i.e. coding etc).

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat May 29, 2021 3:17 pm

delsie wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:33 am
does anyone think it would be a good idea to survey the playerbase that's left and let them prioritize what we work on? Even if the staff is the one that comes up with the options and not the playerbase (playerbase would be ideal but, staff knows what we can physically do and can't i.e. coding etc).
I think that would just lead to more of the same. As far as I know, many RPers have left, meaning they wouldn't offer their point of view and we'd only get the pov from pkers and smobbers.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, most work that is imming is already have-to's, in terms of admin, dealing with mails and questions. New additions are generally the fun bits that make it worth it. I fear that if players get too much influence, you'll see imms drop like flies, because even the fun bits become have-to's.

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun May 30, 2021 12:03 pm

As far as I know, many are RPers have returned. SS RPers at least have rejoined us thanks to Itesh's work (and others, I'm sure). People who purely RP are probably in the majority now? Not sure. KMG is pretty active and many of them have said they're in it for the RP as they have no interest in PK. Some of them also play because they only have sporadic play time between work family and kids.

Are we looking at the same who lists Ely? Why don't you guys continue to work on removing the "have tos" because both the player base and immortal staff would love it new cool useful things! Not new cool useless things though... Which there has been some of lately.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm

Thore wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:03 pm
Why don't you guys continue to work on removing the "have tos" because both the player base and immortal staff would love it new cool useful things! Not new cool useless things though... Which there has been some of lately.
Because an automated mail and look up function will not be invented in the near future, globally, let alone for the mud.

Stuff like "hey, have I already done Joncask quests?" or "can you vet my quest completions for doubles?" or "can you fix xyz?" or "some imm told me I need to get xyz done, can you do it instead?" are never going to be automated, yet they are the bulk of imming. The same with all the stuff that happens prior to a master quest, changing Council flags, people giving things to the wrong mob, people accidentally breaking 5/15 and so on.

Not to mention the time forums in general take, with clans having ideas or wanting something etc. It all amounts to like 2 hours a week, excluding forums.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm

God i hope you ignore thore and don't get chased away from game again. Do some fun things with players and ignore people that want you to create a million more tedious admin things. It's your time to spend.

I'll throw ideas out there (which hopefully I've considered feasability of somewhat) but take them with a grain of salt or be inspired by a small facet of something. I appreciate the thankless work.

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun May 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Elysia wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm
are never going to be automated, yet they are the bulk of imming.
As my old baseball coach used to say, "Not with that attitude they won't!"

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun May 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Detritus wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm
God i hope you ignore thore and don't get chased away from game again. Do some fun things with players and ignore people that want you to create a million more tedious admin things. It's your time to spend.

I'll throw ideas out there (which hopefully I've considered feasability of somewhat) but take them with a grain of salt or be inspired by a small facet of something. I appreciate the thankless work.
Wow dude. Lol

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun May 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Thore wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:53 pm
Elysia wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm
are never going to be automated, yet they are the bulk of imming.
As my old baseball coach used to say, "Not with that attitude they won't!"
Don't be daft.

There isn't an AI in the world that can log on to forums, read the mails, deduct what is necessary, then log on to the game, look up the relevant info and spit it back out. And if such a thing existed, the mud wouldn't have it.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon May 31, 2021 12:38 am

Maybe removing administration stuff is the answer? Does anyone care that someone violated the 5/15 once or twice before mastering? Does everyone need to be audited? This is a game... and not a seriously completive one that pro gamers are playing to make a living.

Taziar is 663 I think... and just asked for a joncask audit. I lost some logs from a comp crash in the past and can't remember which of my characters have done what. So yeah, that sucks to add that to the administration to-do list. Too bad you can't add the crier quest check and just make all automated quests not reward characters twice.

Change the rules, relax the authoritarian grip... reduce administration by reducing "red-tape"

*shrug*

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon May 31, 2021 5:25 am

This guy gets it. Change of the month (year). Try it? What could go wrong...