RP clan rank & master bonuses?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Razhak

Re: RP clan rank & master bonuses?

Post by Razhak » Mon May 31, 2021 6:21 am

Detritus wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm
God i hope you ignore thore and don't get chased away from game again. Do some fun things with players and ignore people that want you to create a million more tedious admin things. It's your time to spend.
This.

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon May 31, 2021 8:07 am

Love you too Raz. Ya'll feel free to ignore me in game and ignore my posts. No need to hit that reply button. How long have you been playing Raz? Plan to stick around a while yet? Cheers.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Mon May 31, 2021 8:25 am

No need to get all passive aggressive on me, bub.

You are happily chirping away here with your multiple posts on multiple threads about your pie-in-the-sky fantasies, but with how you engage here with specific immortals, bombarding them with your train-of-consciousness posting (god they are hard to read sometimes), you are in essence wearing them and us out. Especially Elysia has been very nice to you in explaining why/how things will not be possible, and yet you keep going on and on.

If you have ideas, please be concise and dont go pressing them on multiple forums, threads and platforms (including discord).

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon May 31, 2021 8:28 am

Razhak wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:25 am

You are happily chirping away here with your multiple posts on multiple threads about your pie-in-the-sky fantasies, but with how you engage here with specific immortals, bombarding them with your train-of-consciousness posting (god they are hard to read sometimes), you are in essence wearing them and us out. Especially Elysia has been very nice to you in explaining why/how things will not be possible, and yet you keep going on and on.

If you have ideas, please be concise and dont go pressing them on multiple forums, threads and platforms (including discord).
I'll have you know, Elysia and I have some decent back and forth via PMs. I don't think I'm wearing her out. She also has the right to not respond to my posts, which after as many years as she's been doing this, I'm sure she utilizes very liberally, otherwise she would definitely get more burned out. No?

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon May 31, 2021 2:31 pm

Razhak wrote:

I got to call the kettle black here... your "this" of Detritus's quote is the very definition of passive aggressive. And no one is going to take social etiquette advise from the biggest AFK-killer in the game.

Thore is obviously excited about WoTMUD and his current train of thought is about how to make things better... not talking down to anyone or finding fault in their input.

So firetruck off is what I guess I am getting to.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:48 am

Maybe personal attacks are something we need to avoid.

Razhak is giving feedback about the ideas posted, and doesnt seem to be saying anything about person behind the character. I tend to agree with him in this instance (very uncommon) in that I believe it would be more constructive to focus on a few ideas and place them concisely - then listen to, and accept the response from the imms. Our imms are volunteers who already have a lot on their hands, and being constantly asked to do all kinds of different things can be tiring - especially when you're trying to be polite and professional but you continue to be pushed on every point.

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 am

Would be good if we had something like a reception desk /helpline level where the people who do the fixes aren't also fielding queries/questions/ideas.

One of the systemic problems of the wotmud space is that many things (often very legitimate - like a 100-day/3k qps old char being totally changed :P) create frustration/annoyance and the only default source to direct it at is either other players or else imms (imms for the really big stuff).

Not to mention the dopamine cycle of the game primes peolpe to react in that way when actually just walking away even for a day alters the pattern enough to get plenty of perspective and chill!

Thore

Post by Thore » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 am

Elysia wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:31 pm
Thore wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:53 pm
Elysia wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm
are never going to be automated, yet they are the bulk of imming.
As my old baseball coach used to say, "Not with that attitude they won't!"
Don't be daft.

There isn't an AI in the world that can log on to forums, read the mails, deduct what is necessary, then log on to the game, look up the relevant info and spit it back out. And if such a thing existed, the mud wouldn't have it.
Ely, I have ALWAYS been a fan of removing stuff that causes lots of staff overhead. Maybe that sentiment hasn't always come from the character Thore, but I've always said it. Even the good ideas you create (which are innumerable) - if they cause you lots of overhead (time/frustration) - maybe they are good ideas that need not be implemented until we find a way for them to be more automated. I get bit everything will be that way, with lack of access to some code, some ideas just needing manual review, forums, etc. I wish there was a way to just stop cheaters from cheating, but I appreciate you taking the time to review the logs and make sure you catch them when they do (you've caught me cheating and I appreciate that - I shouldn't be cheating).

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:36 pm

Skurk wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:48 am
Razhak is giving feedback about the ideas posted, and doesnt seem to be saying anything about person behind the character.
I disagree.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Razhak wrote:

This is perhaps much more constructively put than my "Plaease Ignore Thore"(which probably wassn't just directed at just thore, he just copped it. I'm directing it at many peoples suggestions that are very obviously not thought through major admin headaches). Maybe it's because i did my coding in C and did some circle work years ago but some things are very silly.
Thore wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 am
Ely, I have ALWAYS been a fan of removing stuff that causes lots of staff overhead.
You wouldn't pick it by your posts at all, you say this, but suggestions all over without any consideration for the above statement.
Case in point, your instant response to Raz about all the PMs Ely has spent time on with you back and forth and her right to not have good manners, implying it won't wear her out. Go apply all the posts you've sent her to just 5 other people(i bet it's more) and you have a tiny bit of the admin she has to spend just not being rude to people.

Coding is not so straight forward as just "having access to the code". Working on active code without a secondary it's VERY easy to break things and it's takes considerable checking and double checking how things interact with other things.

THIS is what sparked me to post please ignore Thore.
Is Itesh not allowed to create a little tracker/logging function? I'm assuming each item type (or scalp) has some kind of ID that could be used for logging purposes? Seems like this should be coding, not mobol..
You imply they don't understand their coding and mobol.
You want them to do work so that you can be policed about cheating, instead of maybe just not cheating.
I wish there was a way to just stop cheaters from cheating, but I appreciate you taking the time to review the logs and make sure you catch them when they do (you've caught me cheating and I appreciate that - I shouldn't be cheating).
Have some integrity and they don't need to waste their time.