Questions about the shifting focus

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Thore

Re: Questions about the shifting focus

Post by Thore » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:11 pm

Elysia wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:07 pm
Code is also inflexible, so not reliably adjustable. Even assuming it can be done (there's a cap on something we could use for this and nfc if that's circumventable), it makes more sense having a working thing put into code rather than having experimental tweaks that would also use Flash' time he could spend on things that can only be coded.
Nod, makes sense! Looking forward to it. Really good idea.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:46 am

Elysia wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:08 pm
Yeah, I still have to write all the mobol. Now a lot of it is borrowing it from other places and adjusting, but still. I have some other things to attend to first, though.
Elysia, when you have time (<-- I can hear you laughing already), I was thinking could clans get awards for following through on their RP in terms of in-game actions ? Like for instance Yellows and Wisdoms don't actually get qps if they support unless PKers give them a scalp. And people rarely remember to mail or whatever. Was wondering if we could automate that somehow? If someoen spent 2 hours sitting malk and actively helping, maybe the pkers involved could make a note on a mob there kind of like the rpkudos and even if it's like 3 helpkudos = 1 qp ..something like that?

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:04 am

Presumably nothing is stopping the pkers from making use of the already existing rpkudos for that?

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:32 am

Adael wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:04 am
Presumably nothing is stopping the pkers from making use of the already existing rpkudos for that?
Except they probably haven't bothered to memorize how to do it since they are too busy PKing not RPing.

-Thore, who also hasn't memorized how to give them.

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 am

I mean, do you think they’d be any more motivated to use some new system as well? :p
Show/remind them enough times after pk ends how to do it and they’ll catch on.

Thore

Post by Thore » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:53 pm

Adael wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 am
I mean, do you think they’d be any more motivated to use some new system as well? :p
Show/remind them enough times after pk ends how to do it and they’ll catch on.
I agree. Someone do this to me if you see me on. I've missed plenty of opportunities to award rpkudos because I keep forgetting.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:26 pm

isabel wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:46 am
Elysia wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:08 pm
Yeah, I still have to write all the mobol. Now a lot of it is borrowing it from other places and adjusting, but still. I have some other things to attend to first, though.
Elysia, when you have time (<-- I can hear you laughing already), I was thinking could clans get awards for following through on their RP in terms of in-game actions ? Like for instance Yellows and Wisdoms don't actually get qps if they support unless PKers give them a scalp. And people rarely remember to mail or whatever. Was wondering if we could automate that somehow? If someoen spent 2 hours sitting malk and actively helping, maybe the pkers involved could make a note on a mob there kind of like the rpkudos and even if it's like 3 helpkudos = 1 qp ..something like that?
That sort of thing is really beholden to the RP clans, tbh. Like Wisdoms, if they heal using certain methods. Imo someone sitting Malk for a while and not getting a scalp or eq is the same thing as putting in time and effort pking and walking away without a scalp. It happens. Also, wrt Yellow, if they get an extra way of making qps, then every Ajah needs a perk like that and Tower already is the fastest clan to get qps in, by virtue of having tons of bonused clanmates.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Jael wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:46 am
I think maybe this has to do with capturing the expected influx of players once the show comes out. It's likely those types are probably going to want to live out their own personal slice of wheel of time immersement.

There was a great RP based WoT MUD back in the day that had a sort of renown system, basically our TPs system and once you hit certain gates, mobs would respond differently to you, that type of thing. They even had a ranking system for normal everyday citizens so you could 'rank' up from commoner to middle class and so on.

It made you feel some kind of RP progress when you started the game and you'd walk into shops and the shopkeeper would emote things like 'eyes you with bored contempt' or whatever, to progressing to guards nodding at you, and then noble mobs greeting you etc.

Greater minds than mind could probably think this out, but what if RP related things granted you TPs, and then accumulation of TPs then influenced in small ways how other aspects of the game react to your player.

The average pker wouldn't care about things like this, but for those more rp centric, and for newer players to be interacted with, might help.

It may also open further doors to develop the whole great game aspect

I appreciate if in application this would be alot of work, but maybe the mobol wizards have an easier solution

Just a thought
Just a shoutout to Jael for being the spark that set the flame for the whole Roleplay Ranks.

I'm writing a comprehensive post on how it works atm, waiting on a boot so a key mob for our two current rank 5 Roleplayers actually functions. The whole thing in its entirety will be going live over the next few days. I still have to tally the efforts of all past posted on RP forum so the awards I gave out over the past few days are actually recognized by the mobol, but then we should have at least two dozen characters who will find themselves somewhere on the spectrum of RP ranks.

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:57 pm

V cool stuff.

Typing from fone so briefly.. in the books Sedai was an actual title. I don't know why lord / lady is so predominant here..it's fine for some clans but the whole "lady xyz" for Aes Sedai is really anti RJ world building imo. It's like sensei is an actual title in a world and you insist on calling them Lord or whatever.

In fact Ajahs had actual ranks like Captain General or whatever but here it's all Elder Sister which I'm not sure..what it is!

Just worried you'll mobol lady xyz for aes sedai into mobs hence posting

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Clan master titles are coding, so no, I can't do anything about those.