Questions about the shifting focus

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Questions about the shifting focus

Post by Elysia » Wed May 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Nunzio wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Elysia wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:08 pm
Nunzio wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:30 am
One idea that came up while reading through this is making cities feel more alive. Would it be possible with mobol to make more mobs appear in a city the more players there are? Special things could happen if a certain threshold is reached (like in Caemlyn, the Queen comes out for a parade or something like that). Just making the cities feel busier and more alive could help add to the RP feel.
Mmm, I don't immediately see a way to do that in the way you're suggesting.
So one instance of something spawning upon entering an area/zone is Zamara Khel (Mayene smob) where the planks spawn upon entering the zone. Could possibly piggyback off of that?
Snicker. Are you seriously explaining mobol to me? :?: :!:

Yes, mobol can do something when it sees people arrive. But if you exit Caemlyn, enter, exit, enter, then it would spawn every time, regardless of how many players are present in the zone in total, as mobol can't see who all is in a zone. It would end up just adding more and more and more. It would also have a seriously hard time removing mobs. I experimented with that for a trebuchet to use on cities and the only way that works reliably is on stationary mobs, which is not what we're talking about here.

I could write a book on failed mobol projects. It would be called: Mobol says 'No.'

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Wed May 19, 2021 5:43 pm

To make the cities more alive would it be possible to have a mob that would then go on and interact with other players until reboot? Maybe this is one of the mobs that RP's could earn. IE, You do a fireworks show, and leave a mob that will:

An old man says "You missed the best fireworks display, that Kordin is a wizz!"

To have it key off of specific people entering the room would be ideal, then the good roleplayers can interact without having the exact matching playtimes.

Obviously, RP'ers are going to be much better then me at this. Could maybe just have the mob 'show paper xxx' and then they could fabricate more elaborate ordering of words.

Weir

Post by Weir » Wed May 19, 2021 6:31 pm

I think an interesting idea would be to have an crier that you could actually interact with in a given reboot to have a message spread around. Given there is some room for abuse, but make it easily trackable to who made the message originally (either to everyone or just immortals).

An example: The Imperial Games Nargus hosted. Nargus goes to this crier mob just after a reboot, and gives it a message to say, something along the lines of "The Imperial Games will be held this Saturday, be sure to show up and participate!" and then whenever someone comes by the crier, or perhaps based on a trigger word of "say news" or something similar, any messages given that boot pop up. A way to share messages that end up in forum posts in the game. It could add some interaction in cities where people could go hear about stuff they might otherwise miss.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Thu May 20, 2021 4:24 am

Along the sme lines.....They're PK lists, but why not add something for Ta, Re, Sei lists?

Mobs on Seandar and in Falme and West Chico can react to SS and say a line about someone from Sei list - i.e. "Did you hear how (clan) (rank) (name) slew (victim) at (zone - possible?) in (date)? The Empire is fortunate to have such warriors!"

Same thing for LS and DS

Since view Ta'veren is still only player maintained, maybe this way it could be automatic again?

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Thu May 20, 2021 7:39 am

Elysia wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:11 pm
Nunzio wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Elysia wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:08 pm

Mmm, I don't immediately see a way to do that in the way you're suggesting.
So one instance of something spawning upon entering an area/zone is Zamara Khel (Mayene smob) where the planks spawn upon entering the zone. Could possibly piggyback off of that?
Snicker. Are you seriously explaining mobol to me? :?: :!:

Yes, mobol can do something when it sees people arrive. But if you exit Caemlyn, enter, exit, enter, then it would spawn every time, regardless of how many players are present in the zone in total, as mobol can't see who all is in a zone. It would end up just adding more and more and more. It would also have a seriously hard time removing mobs. I experimented with that for a trebuchet to use on cities and the only way that works reliably is on stationary mobs, which is not what we're talking about here.

I could write a book on failed mobol projects. It would be called: Mobol says 'No.'
No, I definitely wasn't. I was just pointing out something that is partway there that I thought might spark an idea. You initial response wasn't necessarily a rejection or acceptance so I thought an idea might be useful.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Thu May 20, 2021 8:16 am

Current me if I'm wrong, but the way I picture mobol is like trying to write a desc via "change desc" - try and write a novel there, see how it goes!

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Thu May 20, 2021 10:25 am

Since im kinda always around Andor and we have named mobs in all of our cities, what if named mobs shouted or created some kind of clamor?

Now that I mentioned that I just picture Lord Jauffre and General Lunal getting into a shouting match. :lol:

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 am

Weir wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:31 pm
I think an interesting idea would be to have an crier that you could actually interact with in a given reboot to have a message spread around. Given there is some room for abuse, but make it easily trackable to who made the message originally (either to everyone or just immortals).

An example: The Imperial Games Nargus hosted. Nargus goes to this crier mob just after a reboot, and gives it a message to say, something along the lines of "The Imperial Games will be held this Saturday, be sure to show up and participate!" and then whenever someone comes by the crier, or perhaps based on a trigger word of "say news" or something similar, any messages given that boot pop up. A way to share messages that end up in forum posts in the game. It could add some interaction in cities where people could go hear about stuff they might otherwise miss.
This is very good

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Thu May 20, 2021 12:34 pm

Mhaliah wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:25 am
Since im kinda always around Andor and we have named mobs in all of our cities, what if named mobs shouted or created some kind of clamor?

Now that I mentioned that I just picture Lord Jauffre and General Lunal getting into a shouting match. :lol:
Something along the lines of what Illian and Bandar Eban have already?

Or more like Cairhien with their zone emotes related to (I assume) Game of Houses?

Both?

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Thu May 20, 2021 12:35 pm

Ominas wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 am
Weir wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:31 pm

This is very good
Yes, but for the love of everyones sanity, not on criers. Maybe heralds?

I think we all trigger criers way more than we'd like to :mrgreen: