Questions about the shifting focus

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mikhan

Re: Questions about the shifting focus

Post by Mikhan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Great ideas, Halfhand -- and your events sound awesome. I'm excited to see what comes of all this.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:23 pm

We already upped the rewards for organizing festivals, Halfhand, see:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14329
Rewards for organizing events.
Another part of this shifting focus is more ways to earn qps, most notably through organizing events. I was supposed to make this post earlier, but Nargus posting about the Seanchan Imperial Games, gave me the kick in the butt I needed. :P

There will be several avenues for live events like these:
-Tournaments
-RP events, like festivals.

Tournaments.
The organizer of the tournament will be awarded: 20 qps + 1 qp for every attendee.
Attendees will receive 1 qp for participating.
The onus is on the organizer to supply imms with a list of attendees, whether they do this themselves or appoint someone to do this chunk of admin.
You can receive this Tournament Organizer Reward once every 6 months.

RP Events.
Gleemen and Illuminators who organize an RP event will be awarded: 20 qps + 1 qp for every attendee.
Attendees will receive 1 qp for participating.
The onus is on the organizer to supply imms with a list of attendees, whether they do this themselves or appoint someone to do this chunk of admin.
You can receive this Tournament Organizer Reward once every 6 months.

Clans obviously may also hire a Gleeman or Illuminator to organize something for them!
While this only mentions RP events for Gleeminators, this was all posted prior to the RP ranks idea, so I can see those people being eligible for that, too.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm

How does this look for rewards for posted logs?

For secret clans, as well as 'top secret' discussions, there may have to be an RP thread on clan forums instead.
Rewards for roleplay logs:
1-6 qps, depending on length and quality. Think: a short rp log vs a long log from a festival/ something with many participants or a very long awesome log.

Potential +1 qp: editing the log, throwing it through the rplizer at the very least.
Potential +1 qp: editing the log extra well: removing excess mob movements, room descs and fixing socials.
Potential +2 qps: editing a long log, like a festival log etc.

Potential +1 qp: easy summary for imms to use and a list of the following:"

Log where Bobby gets drunk with Sally and Freddy in the tavern in Caemlyn, speaking of the political developments surrounding Andor and the increasing amounts of failed harvests. Lucy scolds them for imbibing too much and warns them against drinking on duty and Jimmy tries to entice them to a game of stones. Cindy comes in and shares some banter.

Point of view: Bobby
Main character: Sally
Main character: Freddy
Major participant: Lucy
Participant: Jimmy
Passerby: Cindy

etc.

Rewards for roleplay stories:
1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series.

Mikhan

Post by Mikhan » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:38 pm

That looks pretty good to me, so long as everyone who features in the log earns at least 1qp, regardless of if they were the poster

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:01 pm

If you mean, participate somewhat, then yeah. If it's rpkudo worthy, then players can award that. If it's anything more, then yeah. If it's just passing through the room, then no, obviously. :P

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:10 am

It took some time, but here's an idea for RP ranks I've been working on, with some input from other imms. If you have anything that might fit this outline, please share!

For the record, I checked one Wisdom who is known as an rper and they had 150 qps from RP until they mastered. So even the most avid RPers will likely have a goal with this.

I'm also still working on something to increase rewards, but one. step. at. a. time.
This looks fantastic, thanks Elysia + other imms. Looking forward to it all.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:08 pm

Yeah, I still have to write all the mobol. Now a lot of it is borrowing it from other places and adjusting, but still. I have some other things to attend to first, though.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:15 pm

For the record, I have begun the process of writing the basic mobol to allow players to award rpqps, check an rpqps tally (which has to be manually updated/counted) and their rp rank. Also wrote a mob for this purpose.

I've started work on the RP ranks perks that are moboled. Once I've covered a few of those, I'll take a look at the people in RP clans' rp qps and tally those and add them to the system, then open things up to the playerbase at large. This might take a wee bit longer though. :P :idea:

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Elysia wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:15 pm
For the record, I have begun the process of writing the basic mobol to allow players to award rpqps, check an rpqps tally (which has to be manually updated/counted) and their rp rank. Also wrote a mob for this purpose.

I've started work on the RP ranks perks that are moboled. Once I've covered a few of those, I'll take a look at the people in RP clans' rp qps and tally those and add them to the system, then open things up to the playerbase at large. This might take a wee bit longer though. :P :idea:
Is this beyond Itesh's ability or wise-use-of time to CODE? I assume quest points are coded?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:07 pm

Code is also inflexible, so not reliably adjustable. Even assuming it can be done (there's a cap on something we could use for this and nfc if that's circumventable), it makes more sense having a working thing put into code rather than having experimental tweaks that would also use Flash' time he could spend on things that can only be coded.