Questions about the shifting focus

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Questions about the shifting focus

Post by Elysia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:59 pm

Just in case people think that we're SAYING we're shifting focus, but you aren't seeing anything come of it, I just posted something for Aes Sedai that is in the same vein. I had been working on that long before Staff articulated the shift and since I have to start somewhere, it might as well be there.

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:50 am

Just about every one of these changes is awesome lately! The few that weren't the most amazing and quickly then changed. I appreciate it! I think there's a lot of discussion in the forum, actually I would say a heck of a lot less arguing and bickering than there used to be? Forums used to be super toxic. But all of this chatter about ideas and fun stuff and changes is really good for the game I think. We haven't really had this in a while, unless I'm just out of touch. Looking forward to finding some time to play some more!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:17 pm

It took some time, but here's an idea for RP ranks I've been working on, with some input from other imms. If you have anything that might fit this outline, please share!

For the record, I checked one Wisdom who is known as an rper and they had 150 qps from RP until they mastered. So even the most avid RPers will likely have a goal with this.

I'm also still working on something to increase rewards, but one. step. at. a. time.
Requirement for entry: post a character biography on Roleplay Forum.

Rank 1 and rank 2:
  • Reward: ability to freely retool horse eq, e.g. a headstall with the name Sonny.
  • Requirement to rank to 3: post a character 'origin story' and one roleplay log of sufficient quality and length, and any other roleplay log(s) totalling 30 rpqps. Not including ingame exchanges like council rewards and rpkudos to prevent imms from having to tally (for now, rather start out cautious than backtrack)*.
Rank 3: 30 rpqps
  • Reward: ability to freely retool food and drink items.
  • Requirement to rank: One long roleplay log of sufficient quality.
Rank 4: 75 rpqps
  • Reward: access to the skilled craftswoman.
  • Reward: ability to change homeland to one fitting your character's background. Note: original homeland would be recorded, so in the event of rerolls, a 104 can change it back. Maybe I'd be able to automate.
  • Requirement to rank: a story that illustrates your character's journey OR a multi-log storyline RPed out.
Rank 5: 150 rpqps
  • Reward: issuable clan horse.
  • Requirement to rank: Two long roleplay logs of sufficient quality.
Rank 6: 400 rpqps
  • Reward: a mob in home city gets a unique response or greeting to your character, e.g. a Whitebridge guard nodding at Wisdom Thena and his hand unconsciously drifting to his purse.
  • Requirement to rank: organize a roleplay event, either public or for your clan.
Rank 7: 1000 rpqps
  • Reward: a unique, personal item of the player's own design. Not a weapon, non-rare. Has to be visible, e.g. a cloak, dress, gloves, shield. One per PLAYER, so one has to pick which character to RP to the max.
  • OR:
  • Reward: a personal mob, for your use only. Works the same as mastermob, but you can design it. It will be the same level as issuable mastermobs.

For every subsequent 100 qps, you can have custom response mobol added to your mob, like the rank 6 mobol 'in the wild'. Up to 5 unique responses.

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:34 am

Awesome work, will RP QPS be a separate pool or the same pool? I assume the same pool, but perhaps different clans should require different ratios between the two to rank?

Here are my thoughts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CR9 ... p=drivesdk

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:56 am

They would be the same pool as normal qps, they would just be earmarked manually as RP qps. In a similar vein as Ajah qps, so someone could pk/ quest their way to master and then focus on RP and get another 1k qps that way, ending them at 2000 qps at the very least.

Alison

Post by Alison » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:04 pm

The one thing that has always driven me to rp . Is the semote idea. It works great.

But.

Can we please remove the (xx) part from the semote. It breaks the rythm of the rp and kind of points the finger in the interaction to the person doing it. IF you have the coding set up hide it so that it logs the semotes to a different file if needed to be checked.

As for roleplay. The idea of it is practical. Easy to write pages and pages of roleplay on the forums. But it boils down to permission as well. How many times in the past has anyone written a story or a great interaction and thought. Maybe i should get that person permission to add him into my storyline?

What i would consider rp is the followin. Whenever there is a global event happening . Set up so that that log gets posted on the forums. Automatically. Case in point i was asleep at the most recent one and almost no one could tell me what happened. thus in my mind i have this blank spot to the events that happened.

or shawling a new sedai. Is there no way we can trigger alyssa to log the event and auto post it to the forums for others to read. Sometimes the best rp is done on the spot and not prescripted. Ive had some great rps but then not logged it? Doesnt the mud have a function that records events. Thus i can go to a mob and say log this event from this day to this day on rp forums.
or something along those lines. Goign through logs and then rplizing it and then posting it.
Its not a job. We should have fun.

To sum up my points. Some events happen and almost no one knows about it. But it has impact on the world as we know it. Eg Jaxons quests last night. Jestin pitching up as a gate splits our groups in half. These kind of events is small pivotal events that does shape the role of the mud.
Secondly remove the names at the end of semotes. URgh. hate.
Third. Have a way to trigger a rp log to have the mud record the event and autopost it to the rp forums. That way it removes the step of going to edit the log and do it yourself. (Maybe add a function like a banner on the front page under the picture. Heah ye hear ye, jaxons attack on the blight results in Attack by stanislav and jestin. Read all about it in the forums. )

this will grab attention and pull it to the right posts.

As for rp qps. if you can find a way to match it to pk issued qps then the focus will also be on rp as well. As it stands one pk kill about 7qps. one rp log to accepted. 2 ajah qps or something along those lines.

(on the idea of tha autologging to the rp forums. Give a line at the end. Are you satisfied with the rp session and do you want to post it Alison. Then give me the right to go to that log and edit it.)

Alison

Post by Alison » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:15 pm

Rank 7 rp reward : Have aiel ignore the daylights out of Detritus and me. Just looking at me you will see an aes sedai face. I know this coding exists cause suddenly conscripts dont attack me anymore. ive had them attack me in the past.

The retool idea is great. A way to have the weapon, or item be retooled past the rent mobol . So if i want to wield a pointy stick. i want to keep wielding a pointy stick till its no longer relevant to my rp.

Great things that have been added over the years that just never made it into roleplay could be used as a tool to assist newer tower members to write a story. The best story. 20 qps to spend on anything. Eg waterlogged accepted.

i personally remember renaming dian years ago and almost no one knows that i was the one that won the competition on it. These small things can add depth to the game and nurture old minds and newer minds. So you have uber grey man in maerone. Create a weekly thread competition about it. your interactions, its past, why does it exist. Reason this came up as i was attempting to kill it the other day and 2 other people entered the zone and attempted to do so with me. Thus creating a target rich environment to be shared.
Do i have time to log it to the rp forums. Not. If there is a way to log that automatically from inside the game to the rp forums . Yes please.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:37 pm

I'm sorry, Alison, but your ideas are impossible for me to execute. Likely even for coders, at this point in time.

Alison

Post by Alison » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:18 pm

Wouldve been great. Thanks elysia.

halfhand

Post by halfhand » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:00 pm

One thing that I think would be great would be Immortal Sanctioned Player-run RP Competitions/Events. It would leverage the creativity of the player base, as well as delegation of lot of time that goes into running them.

For example, back when I had more time, I ran a few events such as The Festival of Embers which was a story telling competition festival that alternated in different cities, the Westland Stones League where players got together on a weekly schedule for a game of stones and good interactions from characters that would not otherwise interact, and a debate competition between opposing Clans that would serve as a RP-analog of PK. However, the reward typically came from own my coffer and writing to other clan's councils and hoping their members could get some qps.

What I invision is that an Immortal serve as a RP point person. A player could submit a request with a structure of an event, and provided a pool of qps that can be distributed (as well as QPs for the organizer, 10 qps would really be a pittance for the work that goes into organizing the events from personal experience). Once approved and the event completed, they would post the log, and the Immortal would administer the QPs. For an immortal, it would hopefully take less than 5 minutes to review a request and approve/deny it, and 5 minutes at the end to apply the qps.

This would not require any coding, and hopefully foster some really creative events or competitions, at a minimum amount of work to staff.