INPUT NEEDED: Non-discoverable game mechanics

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Sanguine

Re: INPUT NEEDED: Non-discoverable game mechanics

Post by Sanguine » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:14 am

On top of all clan mobol, all clan base doors/entry/exit. Some clans have two different syntaxes even!

arston

Post by arston » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Not all of the combat formulae are available as far as I know of. There are some found and the following post, and others can be found searching the google doc that are both listed below:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=9372&hilit=skill+formula
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

but even with these and even the charge calculator doesn't show that spears need to be pracced but lances do not. it also isnt clear at all on what pracs are needed for projectiles (throwing axes/daggers/bt spears requires axes/sblades/spears as well as projectiles or instead of?) and if honing or master damage adds any bonus to them, and if that bonus is added before or after the multiplier is applied.

It also feels like projectiles get affected by abs% multiple times and that spears deal less damage charging than a lance (even though a pog has higher damage average than a lance its still taking me minimum 2x more charges landing to finish an smob) but I dont have anything to back that up apart from hundreds of smob kills with them

arston

Post by arston » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:54 pm

Sarita's traveling antique dealer has no way to discover the syntax to enter if you do find it.

the blacksmith's apprentice has something that triggers it but its something non-intuitive that I can never remember so i get frustrated and leave every time i try to use it.

peddlers respond to "say list of wares" but would be nice is they responded to "list" "say list" or "say help"

Adael

Post by Adael » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm

arston wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 pm
...and even the charge calculator doesn't show that spears need to be pracced but lances do not.
Spears don't need to be practiced to charge though.

Harun

Post by Harun » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:53 pm

If you need to get through a block, 'group Adael' to ungroup him without breaking lead so that the blockers will end up on him.

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:23 am

Seamstresses retool shields and do banners but I'm not sure they tell you that.

A lot of the shop-based eq exchangers have signs with really ambiguous phrasing.

arston

Post by arston » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:44 pm

mobol for everything related to the lugard rooftop (crossing things, getting to smob, using mob to tell you where players are, etc).

I know there was mobol to climb down safely without falling and hurting yourself but i cant remember what it was.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 pm

arston wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:44 pm
mobol for everything related to the lugard rooftop (crossing things, getting to smob, using mob to tell you where players are, etc).

I know there was mobol to climb down safely without falling and hurting yourself but i cant remember what it was.
I feel like some # of things should be left out of having easy directions in the game. There's still some allure to "knowing how to do some 'secret' stuff". Like don't need signs to read to tell you how to do volcano smob W of EF, etc. Maybe Luggy rooftops is one of those. Fix mobol if it's broken though! Feel like people have been stuck up there.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:41 am

The puzzle man in Caemlyn Inner City. You have to say 'puzzle' to get him to talk, and then he explains clearly what he needs, but knowing to say puzzle isn't obvious if you haven't been around a while.

Draz

Post by Draz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:53 am

I would really love to have signposts or a simple trigger response to help for mobs to give their activation mobol;

I'd love to know the landing calculations on throw (ob vs parry only or ob vs total defence and how do crits interact with landing)

I'd love to know what sets off agro of dangerous but otherwise neutral mobs (gotta say having taim agro me riding through his room is always a shock)

I'd really love for the load calculation triggers (not necessarily the rare load tables etc. but what triggers these) to be released for chest smobs (i.e. there is SO much superstition around hitting iomm - to the point that various players will only hit it with Ominas because they dont get the junk loads with him.)

I really like that Zarth released what was max engage coding on discord; as that was something that had bugged me for a long time