INPUT NEEDED: Non-discoverable game mechanics

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Sanguine

Re: INPUT NEEDED: Non-discoverable game mechanics

Post by Sanguine » Mon May 03, 2021 4:33 pm

Sanguine wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm
Kitiara wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:45 pm
How pracs like survival/ride affect mvs/hunger/thirst.
Pretty sure this is on the wiki, and should probably stay there and not be included within the game at all, I think.
As a dissenting opinion, please keep some of this find out for yourself. Otherwise there's no fun left to knowing something that only a few people know! Which is fun, and I will share, just be my bud!

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon May 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Sanguine wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:33 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm
Kitiara wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:45 pm
How pracs like survival/ride affect mvs/hunger/thirst.
Pretty sure this is on the wiki, and should probably stay there and not be included within the game at all, I think.
As a dissenting opinion, please keep some of this find out for yourself. Otherwise there's no fun left to knowing something that only a few people know! Which is fun, and I will share, just be my bud!
Aureus wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:55 pm
We're documenting important mechanics and mob interactions that aren't "discoverable"
Yeah, I'd say things like survival and ride effects are discoverable by oneself, and don't need to have special documentation within the MUD. They don't really fall into the 'guess the mobol' game like some of the things it sounds like they want to add info for.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Mon May 03, 2021 6:52 pm

Also there should be some % of smob/ship/zone/chain/whatever mechanics that remain FOFY for the fun of seeking new stuff. Wiki is great, but it shouldn't publish ALL FOFY stuff imo... That kind of info gets people talking to other people which develops relationships and is why the playerbase has stayed this long.

vaheed

Post by vaheed » Mon May 03, 2021 7:08 pm

As much as I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, that ship has sailed when somebody decided to make the wiki.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm

vaheed wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:08 pm
As much as I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, that ship has sailed when somebody decided to make the wiki.
Except there's still stuff that's FOFY that's not on it and the Wiki creator? or lead-contributor has left on his own accord with a return date unknown...

Leoric

Post by Leoric » Tue May 04, 2021 2:46 pm

My impression given the title isn't that things shouldn't be fofy, but that you should be able to find them out :)

zeek

Post by zeek » Wed May 05, 2021 11:14 am

i heard that 99% ride gives a charge landing bonus %.. can someone upstairs confirm or deny this?

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 pm

The quest to get the captains hat on Almoth...I know it's there and know some of it but I can't figure it out so I assume someone that doesn't even know what they are looking for would be able to find it seems crazy.

Same with the small chains (There is one Tanchico, Illian, and Cairhien that I know of and I only know how to do Tanchico and it took me hours to figure it out when I came back. I went to illian to try that one and don't even know where to begin so I gave up).

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Wed May 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Rodger wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 pm
The quest to get the captains hat on Almoth...I know it's there and know some of it but I can't figure it out so I assume someone that doesn't even know what they are looking for would be able to find it seems crazy.

Same with the small chains (There is one Tanchico, Illian, and Cairhien that I know of and I only know how to do Tanchico and it took me hours to figure it out when I came back. I went to illian to try that one and don't even know where to begin so I gave up).
Rodger's back? Woo!! Yeah, some of these could use a few more clues, but don't make them super easy to figure out maybe. Kind of small little perks to know if you know them, and it's not like you're missing out on major rewards for not knowing them, I think.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 am

Rodger wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 pm

Info for mini chains is on wiki (except the cpts hat one, I too remember there should be one but no clue where to even look), but yeah some kind of in-game hint that those exist would be nice. Perhaps like the trigger for Dynamic event, if traveling through the trigger room.

With time people either forget or the Annoucement/To* post gets lost.