Survey - Please read and fill out

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Protus

Survey - Please read and fill out

Post by Protus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:57 pm

stronk

Re: Survey - Please read and fill out

Post by stronk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:42 pm

If Light side had a better qp reward system then Dark side or Seanchan side would you play Light side more?
Yes. I love me dem qps
No
Don't really care about qps
4th option: DS doesn't have a qp reward system other than pk/master awarding/chunks/tps.

Sooo.... I'd say LS has a better qp reward system, as far as clans having quests to basically auto r2/etc. :P

Eol

Post by Eol » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Are humans hurting right now? I can't imagine why.

But I think everyone will be hurting soon because the massive mismanagement of warriors. Before berserk attack I had -zero- warriors. Now I have 10. Obviously I wasn't playing them all but at different points they all gave some variation of satisfaction and that's gone now. They are without most of their purpose.

Edit:
Those are my negative/non-helpful thoughts:

My big thing about human from my last stretch. People HAVE to work on talking to each other. The number of times I signed on and no one said anything, hello, whatever made it feel very lonely. Unfortunately I suspect a lot of people were ...AFK/statting, I don't know. But human side has massive structural issues and it has to try and stick together as a community. Part of the strength of darkside is the camaraderie. Someone will almost always talk to you on darkside unless you are just the only person on.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:17 pm

Eol wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:43 pm
Part of the strength of darkside is the camaraderie. Someone will almost always talk to you on darkside unless you are just the only person on.
I agree with this 100%. It's what kept me mostly playing DS back in the day, and it was actually great coming back and seeing that camaraderie still there.

LS can be great fun when you have some friends around, especially since there's generally more to do on LS in the downtime than on DS. For whatever reason the LS globals aren't quite as active as those on DS. Which is odd, given it's usually a more active side.

zeek

Post by zeek » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 pm

ss is where it's at right now. We're like LS 2.0 with better pk, better leaders, better gear, and better comraderie ANDDD we got better qp system in place right now. If you're not sure, send myself or Namor a message and lets talk about it.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Bryan wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:17 pm
Eol wrote:
Part of the strength of darkside is the camaraderie. Someone will almost always talk to you on darkside unless you are just the only person on.
I agree with this 100%. It's what kept me mostly playing DS back in the day, and it was actually great coming back and seeing that camaraderie still there.

LS can be great fun when you have some friends around, especially since there's generally more to do on LS in the downtime than on DS. For whatever reason the LS globals aren't quite as active as those on DS. Which is odd, given it's usually a more active side.
I actually don't find it odd that LS globals are less active. LS was known for same-side pk back in the day, which means that people will talk less about in-game stuff. We also have Seanchan on there, which means that we may receive a surprise visit if we say the wrong thing.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Nunzio wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:13 pm
Bryan wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:17 pm
Eol wrote:

I actually don't find it odd that LS globals are less active. LS was known for same-side pk back in the day, which means that people will talk less about in-game stuff. We also have Seanchan on there, which means that we may receive a surprise visit if we say the wrong thing.
That’s true. I was referring more to just general chatter and banter.

One of the things I vividly remember from my very first time playing wotmud was a Child of Light and Aes Sedai sparring on narrates, while that CoL was standing in CCS where I was. It really made me feel like I was immersed in the wheel of time world.

guhadin

Post by guhadin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:26 am

I'm mostly a PKer up north, so it seems pretty simple to me. DS is easy mode, and has been for a long time. Northern PK zones were originally balanced under the assumption that LS would primarily have stronger, larger groups and DS would have limited mobility. None of that's true anymore. LS mob support is terrible, since most of the good mobs are in places that are easy to choke up (vs an amazing defensive zone like Blight, which is incredibly porous), and DS mobility is better than it's ever been. Add on the fact that on LS there's a good chance you'll wind up PKing alongside people you can't group with (a function of limited thinking about RP, more than anything,) and that it's easier to roll in a DS gank group than a LS one, because of how sense works vs. smells. Not to mention smobs are close by, load decently, and you don't nerf yourself dismounting to go inside of them.

DS is a lot of fun, but it doesn't need me most the time, so I get on LS.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:38 am

For me just feels like DS and SS have all the initiative when it comes to PK. Not particularly fun waiting to be stabbed or ganked by a big group when doing things. If you run blight then maybe ds will come but only maybe. Mostly it's just they wait till you do something else then can appear anywhere on the map and gank you then transport you to a door if you wanna fight back. Not particularly enjoyable.

I've been enjoying playing SS cause often I can just get a few 1v1s around 4k and win or loose tends to be reasonable pk. Also enjoy playing ds sometimes but recently it seems more like ds is after easy kills rather than pk (which is fair the game encourages it) so I've been enjoying it less.

Protus

Post by Protus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:58 am

I love the comments. Keep it up.

I will take the survey down Tomorrow evening for anyone that hasn't done it yet, you still have time.