Survey - Please read and fill out

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: Survey - Please read and fill out

Post by Rig » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Skurk wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:38 am
For me just feels like DS and SS have all the initiative when it comes to PK. Not particularly fun waiting to be stabbed or ganked by a big group when doing things. If you run blight then maybe ds will come but only maybe. Mostly it's just they wait till you do something else then can appear anywhere on the map and gank you then transport you to a door if you wanna fight back. Not particularly enjoyable.

I've been enjoying playing SS cause often I can just get a few 1v1s around 4k and win or loose tends to be reasonable pk. Also enjoy playing ds sometimes but recently it seems more like ds is after easy kills rather than pk (which is fair the game encourages it) so I've been enjoying it less.
Echoing most of this. Been this way for a while now and it's obnoxious. I'd play more DS if they'd be more down to do things instead of sitting around waiting to gank/refusing to pk people as i've seen so far on the few troll hunters i've been statting.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:54 pm

When I hit rock bottom in terms of gear. I log on DS and make phat lewt, easiest side. I die a little bit inside because the side is so chortlesnorfling annoying with some of the whiners/deadbeats. I then transfer all the phat lewt to LS and die to all the whiners/deadbeats.

Rinse repeat. This has been my cycle for the last 3 years.

I still love WoTMUD, whiners and deadbeats included.

Atkins

Post by Atkins » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:46 am

I ❤ Krygg

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 am

interesting survey questions..i'm not sure they're addressing core structural issues though. or how do I say - I don't think that names I associate with LS - players like markus, alayla, kark, muntson, ailak, dorien, illiana, rentris, kordin - plus a host more people - they played for challenging pk, or they built clan atmosphere, they enjoyed roleplay and promoted it, they taught people game mechanics, they helped the fallen, they led people into battles and took care of them just like any general in the wheel of time books, they enjoyed many small aspects of the game, etc.

if overall the game was even 50% about these things, i would want to play.

but when i read about group of warriors farming city heads over and over again - well that speaks volumes of what kind of fun people on wotmud are looking for.

not saying that it is good or bad - given the incredibly stressful times we live in, anyone having fun in any way that is harmless is great for them. it just doesnt' sound even slightly fun to me personally.
Last edited by isabel on Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:54 pm
When I hit rock bottom in terms of gear. I log on DS and make phat lewt, easiest side. I die a little bit inside because the side is so chortlesnorfling annoying with some of the whiners/deadbeats. I then transfer all the phat lewt to LS and die to all the whiners/deadbeats.

Rinse repeat. This has been my cycle for the last 3 years.

I still love WoTMUD, whiners and deadbeats included.
Someone pin this, where is the damn like button???

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:04 am

Mostly LS is just a headache to play. Your generally faced with overwhelming odds. Not just number wise but experience/bonus wise. When you have a few of the better pkers on LS it can be decent. Otherwise it's pretty dull. Most pk nowadays I find to be pretty lopsided and boring. It baffles me how some of the older players enjoy it.

Natia

Post by Natia » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:51 am

I don’t think anyone enjoys SS hearing LS globals during anything. Pk, raids, globals, etc. It creates a less than social atmosphere besides a few players getting their rocks off on each other

varcoz

Post by varcoz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:09 pm

Definitely needs removed. Wouldn’t mind a third option that could be used for joint sharing. I only say that because the mud is small. Ala something other than chat/narrate. But as is you can send tells which is kind of nice. Given it’s easier to ask if someone wants to pk etc.

Certainly wouldn’t mind southwest pk picking up. Not everyone enjoys north pk. Miss it to be honest. North pk is fun occasionally, but can be very dull. Extremely dull at times.

Zangief

Post by Zangief » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:10 pm

I’d agree SS need their own wholist again. And making a language barrier to silence the drivel would help as well.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:32 pm

I'm not sure exactly how it's set up but if narrates could be SS-only/LS-only, but chats/yells/says shared between the two races, that might be ideal.
Zangief wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:10 pm
I’d agree SS need their own wholist again. And making a language barrier to silence the drivel would help as well.
Edit: I initially agreed, but I'm ok with it after realizing you could "who seanchan" to see them online. It is kind of nice seeing the combined numbers on a single list for activity's sake.