PSA

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

PSA

Post by Rig » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:29 pm

Stop changing pk zones. Thanks.

Jaster

Re: PSA

Post by Jaster » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:49 pm

What defines a “pk” zone?! We are in the year of change. Adapt young Padawan...

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:34 am

2 zones, both pvp fall back points with high chance of being trapped and whittled down.

Camp which just got randomly opened up so it's extra safe for dark.

Followed by lockshear that got a whole mass bunch of changes completely counter to what was the stated intent of changes, also made extra unsafe for humans.

Davor

Post by Davor » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:53 am

Mob changes and major changes to PK must be avoided right now. Until warriors are sorted out the entire balance of mobs is quite simply fucked. You can’t lower LOcksheare LS suppprt when a group of 5 warriors roll through every major city head. How does that even make sense.

Argle bargle

Weir

Post by Weir » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 am

What Davor said.

Lockshear was already an absolutely terrible place to try to PK for humans right now because any and all mobs there do basically nothing to warriors, with the sole exception probably being the kicking gateguards. With these changes there is 0, I repeat 0, reason for any human to fall back to Lockshear. If it is low numbers, why are you going there anyways over trees, etc.? If it is high numbers vs few humans, now it is just a complete deathtrap of an area.

I think one of the best changes that happened in the last re-work of Lockshear was the addition of stationary mobs at the gates, making it so it wasn't completely free for DS to block the gates.

Meren

Post by Meren » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:09 am

Weir wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 am
I think one of the best changes that happened in the last re-work of Lockshear was the addition of stationary mobs at the gates, making it so it wasn't completely free for DS to block the gates.
Instead being completely free for LS to block the gates...

Weir

Post by Weir » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:31 pm

I think you are kind of missing the point of Lockshear then, Meren. It was a fallback for humans. There is basically no reason for trollocs to go there specifically to fight except to chase, and then if it turns around they have two other decent options that humans do not (manhole, which is -not- very feasible for most humans, and Ilsae). Humans can -only- escape out the gates to have a reasonable chance of survival. If you try tunnels for most humans you either hagg out or your horse haggs out, both leaving you in a terrible spot.

A human is generally going Lockshear outnumbered already, because why would you go there otherwise? It's not like a trolloc is going to say "oh dung, 4v1 Blight, better run Lockshear, but oh no, I'll get spammed in the gates.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:46 pm

I have to echo many sentiments here.

PK sometimes needs fallback spots like Lockshear, because what is the other option now then for lightside? Right: just go into Fal Dara.

I think Lockshear could have been tweaked a bit more elegantly by adjusting the level of the gateguards or make burly move only in a couple rooms.

Campzone being tweaked as is, only makes for more fleebee PK. The added chokes actually make for less traffic in that zone probably. And I somehow doubt they are gonna do what was intended by the post about the camp changes (I invite everyone envisioning themselves on either a human or DSer and trying to run south or north, then report back).

First handle warrior changes, but untill that is done, please dont change zones which have been staples of northern PK for 2 decades :P

zeek

Post by zeek » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 pm

they should take the gates away from lockshear and buff lockshear so we can go to lockshear and not fd when we lose blight. and make them not attack ss. or make them all ss. I'm ok with both.

Zangief

Post by Zangief » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Great changes Aureus. Lockshear is more on par with where it should be and the camp change is growing on me.