PSA

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Akzak

Re: PSA

Post by Akzak » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:42 pm

I like both camp and LS changes.

isabel

Re: PSA

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:55 am

Can we revisit the Lockshear change (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14066) ? It's been four months and while I hesitate to comment since my view is LS-based, but Lockshear was an important fallback for LS so can we take a look at the changes?

Aureus has put a lot of thought into it and I appreciate that. At the samet ime I don't actually have an estimate of how strong/weak the mobs are because the rat/raven/flock reporting is so high that I don't stick around there when I'm low. Have there been any good LS fights as intended? Added some comments/queries on the specific changes -
Here are the rough changes:
I moderately reduced the level of the militiamen, who were relatively high level compared to other support mobs
But, the militiamen will yell about where they are fighting someone more frequently
The 2 wandering/chasing Shienaran veteran patrols were found slaughtered in the night
So were the Shienaran gate-guards <-- For these and above, not sure how it's working for reason given above, but if anyone has used, is it a good enough fall back?
I downed the burly Shienaran smob: his level was slightly reduced, and his mob support trimmed from 5 Lieutenants to 3
He also no longer chases, though he still wanders <--- Razhak had suggested keeping it to 2 rooms or so, has anyone found it better in its current form?
He has been assigned a scout to assist him, who may report any enemy sightings back to Far Dara<-- same with the flocks etc, I kind of like that a patrolling human comes across tracks, has the AHA moment, and goes to see what the sneaky ko'bal is up to.
He will now occasionally load a torc on low % <-- I think he used to load sids on %? has that changed? Is torc worth stabbing it for?
There's rumor of a new, hidden entrance and exit into the passage north of Ilsae <-- this sounds like a good change from LS perspective. has it been good for pk overall?
Some draghkar have taken up roost in the grain silo, and the outer door has fallen into disrepair <-- less door, has that been good/bad/used at all?
The fade beneath the council chambers no longer chases <-- seems like a good change, but again had no occasion to see it in pk
The rat and raven infestation has worsened, slightly <--- HUGE deterrent to going there, given there are already tons of rats in gap and tons of ravens in wastelands..I'm not really sure of the purpose of this, and it means if I run there low, less time to get backup / grab a couple tics or so, so I'd usually just leave on tic
The outer perimeter of Lockshear is now trackable. The inner is still not. This means it's easier to see if someone has left Lockshear in order to give chase. <--- was this needed though? I would have tracked outside n gate, and near rubble/epath etc in any case? Either way not sure I can comment on this, but what do track players think?
Some twisted trees have taken root northwest of Lockshear, leading up to the fade patrol there <-- Has anyone been using this?
Shadowspawn have been hacking at the palisade wall in that location, leaving it possible to climb up and over it (but only leading in, not to get back out). This takes time, moves, can't be done in combat, and alerts others nearby. <-- Was this used/came into play in pk?