Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Harun

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Harun » Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Fermin wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm
Also, if we have the ability to code finally why wasn't removing master damage(or adding master damage to everyone) the absolute first step taken? The fact you have to have 1k qps to be on even damage output w/ 75%+ of the pkers is bogus.
Took me years, but I've finally come around to this. At least in the current form. Master damage just seems like the biggest obstacle for a good balance, and playing a non-master feels like you're playing hardcore mode without any kill pressure.

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon May 03, 2021 6:10 am

Harun wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm
Fermin wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm
Also, if we have the ability to code finally why wasn't removing master damage(or adding master damage to everyone) the absolute first step taken? The fact you have to have 1k qps to be on even damage output w/ 75%+ of the pkers is bogus.
Took me years, but I've finally come around to this. At least in the current form. Master damage just seems like the biggest obstacle for a good balance, and playing a non-master feels like you're playing hardcore mode without any kill pressure.
Been saying this for a long time. The game is really well balanced without master damage, even when warriors had zerk attack, it was the master dmg which was the issue. Bonuses being tied to damage is really bad for the game. Tie it to stuff that makes it less tedious to play. Masters can coach city to city when they don't have no quit (similar to Travel) - great bonus. Masters get extra rent space - great bonus. From a RL perspective, anyone who has a master has presumably done a lot of typing here - save them some wrist injury as they approach their 40s/50s/60s whatever by making it easier to move around :) Plus this helps them help /reach newer people in random locations more easily.

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Mon May 03, 2021 10:36 am

We already have changes to master damage in the queue. I just don't feel the need to keep you informed of that kind of thing, given we have no reliable timescale for implementation.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon May 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Itesh wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:36 am
We already have changes to master damage in the queue. I just don't feel the need to keep you informed of that kind of thing, given we have no reliable timescale for implementation.
Yeah! This change has been sitting at the top of several imms' wishlists for a while now. Doesn't make it get imped faster though. So, fingers crossed.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Sat May 15, 2021 9:48 pm

I am no expert but top end dodge is about right atm you will get destroyed by a decent rare wielding master/fade who's mounted a bit to easy though ....

mid range dodge need to be brought up a bit more, anything but a perfect kit is almost pointless against most pkers

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Sun May 16, 2021 2:34 am

"perfect" kit cap is at 146db 19dex not carrying anything without armor.
18dex channie with armor is 151 or so?

but also a "perfect kit" is pretty easy to get now also. With rares only giving pb now "perfect" db kit isnt anything special.
2x obsids, 2x gold rings, 2x kandori cuffs, c-belt, any old 7db cloak, plus basic dodge.

Most people play combo which is massively more forgiving unless they have proper dodge set accumulated.

A mounted master with a war maul brave bashes that 146db 61% of the time, there's just a lot of masters with access to big weapons in the game.

Drybones

Post by Drybones » Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 am

Yeah I was surprised when I ran the numbers a master warder gave me for his stats. With dst and warhammer, he had 64% chance to bash 146 db brave offensive. Granted, those are rares, but not uncommon for a master to wield.

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Mon May 17, 2021 8:41 pm

We tweaked the following combo weapons' damage (which had been upped in the rebalance) back down to their original levels. They were outperforming abs weapons' damage a bit too well. Will be updated as of reboot.

- Heron medium & long (24.5 -> 22.5)
- Steel warhammer (25 -> 22.5)
- Crimson-hafted battleaxe (24.5 -> 24)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Don't play dodge unless a channeler now. It is absolute garbage. See Vincen log where full dodge gets exploded by a blue steel trident wielded by an unmaster trolloc. Dodge changes were really poorly thought out and not balanced at all. Balance the blow up in group pk so its balanced 1v1? This isn't a 1v1 game. Revert...weapons changes are worst thing since the blight firetruck of 02

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Tue May 18, 2021 8:17 pm

I'd say once every 19 years is a pretty good track record! Maybe there will be further iterative changes... Maybe? Or have we lost the ability to modify eq stats?