Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Rig » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:24 pm

Thore wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 pm
Rig wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm
Scripting auto-track is ridiculous and dumb. Anyone who uses a chase script is pretty easy to spot. It's not very prevalent at all.

No use trying to down the Zizek's of the world, we'll all be 'good' no matter what and you can't balance around a few players that are 'good'. It doesn't make sense.
You can't down skill, you can down eq. Come on, that's what people are talking about. Flattening the curve. Or honestly, lowering the ceiling of skill required to be the best at this game. So technically, yes you can kind of nerf those players
How do you think we get eq? When I die, I typically start back out in abs or in regular combo just like everyone else until I kill someone for a rare, which by your methodology should be harder because those players are using rares and I am not. :)

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:38 pm

I think the tl/dr of this entire thread is:

1) Up abs weapon OB

2) Fix lag on the game

3) Give dodge some abs

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:22 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:24 pm
Thore wrote:
Rig wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm
Scripting auto-track is ridiculous and dumb. Anyone who uses a chase script is pretty easy to spot. It's not very prevalent at all.

No use trying to down the Zizek's of the world, we'll all be 'good' no matter what and you can't balance around a few players that are 'good'. It doesn't make sense.
You can't down skill, you can down eq. Come on, that's what people are talking about. Flattening the curve. Or honestly, lowering the ceiling of skill required to be the best at this game. So technically, yes you can kind of nerf those players
How do you think we get eq? When I die, I typically start back out in abs or in regular combo just like everyone else until I kill someone for a rare, which by your methodology should be harder because those players are using rares and I am not. :)
Good sir you are missing the point.

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:25 pm

isabel wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:38 pm
I think the tl/dr of this entire thread is:

1) Up abs weapon OB

2) Fix lag on the game

3) Give dodge some abs
1. Sure, should break 1v1 parry pretty regularly (75%?).
2. Much easier said than done. I'm sure imms would like to.
3. I used to think dodge was extremely hard to balance. I still do, but I used to, too.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Thore wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:22 pm
Rig wrote:
Thore wrote:

No, i'm getting the point. The point i'm making is a counter-point. It doesn't matter what you do to eq, I am going to kill people over and over again regardless if i'm wearing maze gear or a full set heron. It isn't going to help anyone at all.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:08 am

The real point is this: we were all asked to give our feedback and suggestions up front of the entire weapons change... but when we did we were told we didn't know what the firetruck we were talking about. And thus here we are...

I mean, for a game run by volunteers with no professional game design experience, nor actual ability to perform real testing environments we are lucky to have what we have.

Treach

Post by Treach » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:42 am

And parry needs to be taken out of the bash equation. It is bad in every conceivable way. It is bad for RP, that someone with parry trinks can bash better. And it is bad in game design, that the defensive setup has a better chance with offensive skill.

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:44 am

Rig wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 pm
Thore wrote:
Rig wrote:

No, i'm getting the point. The point i'm making is a counter-point. It doesn't matter what you do to eq, I am going to kill people over and over again regardless if i'm wearing maze gear or a full set heron. It isn't going to help anyone at all.
Lol ok friend

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am

Thore wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:44 am
Rig wrote:
Thore wrote:

Lol ok friend
I don’t think you get it, RIg is correct. It doesn’t matter what you adjust equipment to, he will still kill you and majority of the time.
I’m going to use in a quick analogy pretending this is baseball reference to dumb this down. You and Rig are baseball players and rig always get to first faster than you but your answer is we will just make the bases shorter so You can get there fast to. Rig still gets there even faster because he’s better and faster. Secondly, you say, well we need to change the bat because he hits farther than me. Even with a crappy bat you both use , he hits better and farther again because he has better mechanics or practices more. Thirdly,you decide let’s change the ball to make it harder core and heavier so it doesn’t go as far. Well now Rig gets hit by the ball and he shrugged it off because he’s competitive and wants to win no problem. But the opposite happens And you got hit by the ball and got bruised and upset and cried and Are now scared to get back in the batters box. Perhaps you never play again because you are scared to get hit and hurt. None of your intended results came to fruition because Rig is a better player and more competitive to get better while you are trying to changeRules to adjust the game to your skill set and less determine drive to get better.

There is a reason Rig is getting better at wotmud and will continue to improve. He understands that to a certain point stats, eq, bonuses, or any other excuse don’t matter . You as a player need to get more knowledgeable, make quicker decisions, not rely on maps, scripts, macros, or god else knows. This isn’t personal at you Thore, it was more a general post. However, judging by your responses, I would take a moment and self reflect about it.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Jaster wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am
Thore wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:44 am
Rig wrote:

Lol ok friend
I don’t think you get it, RIg is correct. It doesn’t matter what you adjust equipment to, he will still kill you and majority of the time.
I’m going to use in a quick analogy pretending this is baseball reference to dumb this down. You and Rig are baseball players and rig always get to first faster than you but your answer is we will just make the bases shorter so You can get there fast to. Rig still gets there even faster because he’s better and faster. Secondly, you say, well we need to change the bat because he hits farther than me. Even with a crappy bat you both use , he hits better and farther again because he has better mechanics or practices more. Thirdly,you decide let’s change the ball to make it harder core and heavier so it doesn’t go as far. Well now Rig gets hit by the ball and he shrugged it off because he’s competitive and wants to win no problem. But the opposite happens And you got hit by the ball and got bruised and upset and cried and Are now scared to get back in the batters box. Perhaps you never play again because you are scared to get hit and hurt. None of your intended results came to fruition because Rig is a better player and more competitive to get better while you are trying to changeRules to adjust the game to your skill set and less determine drive to get better.

There is a reason Rig is getting better at wotmud and will continue to improve. He understands that to a certain point stats, eq, bonuses, or any other excuse don’t matter . You as a player need to get more knowledgeable, make quicker decisions, not rely on maps, scripts, macros, or god else knows. This isn’t personal at you Thore, it was more a general post. However, judging by your responses, I would take a moment and self reflect about it.
Great post. I love RL application and scenarios. End bit it key.