Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Vampa

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Vampa » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:03 am

arjuna wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:24 pm
Making attack a warrior skill is a pretty interesting idea for balancing rogues.
No.

tekela

Post by tekela » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:54 am

Skurk wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:53 am
Seems interesting. Could be a v cool change. Am curious though, if rogues (especially troll rogues who have lower pracs) had even less incentive to melee wouldn't that make it more "fleebe stabber" style pk or whatever people say?
I think endless incentives to play a certain way only goes so far -- same people who were purely fleebie stabbers are still that. 6d4 non-rares that you can stab is still pretty nice damage output, but I guess I'm okay with telling warriors to get fucked too. It's moot if we balance abs or sblades anyways.

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:49 am

I'd be worried fblades would become the defacto prac setup for warriors, but at least they could have a second weapon for bash. The diversity of weapons and being able to practice two always drew me to the class, this would make it even more fun. I'd have to remember which fblades attack, I know foil does and tulwar doesn't, from memory.

I have been trying fblades and attack now in order to emulate the great Sarryn who, on various alts, uses that setup to shred poor ABSers like me. Though he has said it's NOT OP, I think it's quite powerful or he wouldn't be using it. Haven't seen him on those alts lately, though. Hope he's still around! The difference with my setup as a warrior is that I'm abs due to the pracs, and ABS is rough (outside of the ease of acquisition). But I'm used to dying!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:13 pm

I’ve long used a dual setup. Only recently used fblades as I chose it as my 15qp r8 weapon. Usually always used sblades. There’s advantages and drawbacks to such. Obviously the dual weapons means minimal pracs in everything. Less defense, less bash chance, less ob/pb/db due to pracs. Heavier, not by much. And swapping weapons isn’t always ideal. Has got me dead a few times. And with how much I lag in game nowadays. Generally it’s 3 hits not 4 in a bash. That being said I enjoy it. As can anyone else. I see plenty of people using dual setups.

And let’s be fair, there’s nothing great about me. Just been here a long time, and spent way to much time on this dumb game heh. Oh and I pk constantly instead of whining like most. Repetition and studying pk is how you become better. Alas you’d think I’d have the OP bonused chars like the majority of the better longtime players. But no fades/gaidin-sedai/wb/bt etc here. Just masters and a rank 8 I never play, deletion and others self masturbation helped that but hey. I generally am the starter of pk, and not the jump on a easy win vast outnumbering as well unlike some. Also I liked attack more for dodgers more then absers. The chance to frag someone more then 2 times is quite appealing in a bash. Bash is a big deal in the equation, as your not as effective in fights without it.