Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Ragyn

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Ragyn » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:36 pm

alternatively remove heavycombo gear so we can't run around in 78-80% and still pull 250 defense.

Scrat

Post by Scrat » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:53 pm

Shoot in the perfect set I had recently I had something like 80 db, 205 pb and 78% abs mended.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:59 pm

I also put forward Davor and Scrat (along with Saif) for the Imm information squad. I believe in their judgment.

Make it so imms. I have spoken.

Roryn

Post by Roryn » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:05 am

So much good evaluation here. Please take notice.

Paladyr

Post by Paladyr » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:31 am

Davor wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:40 am
By the time a player gets to the stage he now has an immortal and has the ability to make sweeping weapons changes, all his mortals are rogues, channelers and 19 19 18 combo hunters :p I believe many immortals don't understand how to balance abs because they don't play it. The only character I will tolerate abs on is Davor - solely because of his insane hp regen, sometimes I end up regenning more hps than the person can even damage me in a 1v1.
This is completely untrue. My mains are ABS. Several other imms I know play ABS actively. I get that you want to believe the immortals are out of touch, but you're just wrong.

Davor

Post by Davor » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:50 am

Paladyr wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:31 am
Davor wrote:
By the time a player gets to the stage he now has an immortal and has the ability to make sweeping weapons changes, all his mortals are rogues, channelers and 19 19 18 combo hunters :p I believe many immortals don't understand how to balance abs because they don't play it. The only character I will tolerate abs on is Davor - solely because of his insane hp regen, sometimes I end up regenning more hps than the person can even damage me in a 1v1.
This is completely untrue. My mains are ABS. Several other imms I know play ABS actively. I get that you want to believe the immortals are out of touch, but you're just wrong.
Well. Either you had a hand in the recent weapons and abs changes in which case I am completely correct and you are out of touch even despite playing abs. Or and this is more likely, you had nothing to do with the changes and I should/could have just said the immortals involved likely don’t play absers. I still believe my general sentiment was correct and the majority of people who play this game for a certain period of time gravitate towards dodge/combo. Even beyond the fact that is the best set up for survival/damage. It also affords the maximum amount of variety which as the above poster said means more fun. I don’t know any immortal alts.

I think we have two options.

1. We keep abs(weapons) as it is and just resign it to a mostly smob set up. This will be especially good on a warrior. In PK, they will remain crippled and the new player who will/should almost always start abs will have a handicap for a longer period of time.

2. We buff abs weapons and add another viable option in PK. As someone who can’t dedicate as much time as possible to play, it would be nice to have a maximum damage set up with limited survival.

I say we lower abs % from heavy combo and abs gear. We slightly increase dodge abs % on important pieces. We up abs weapons like crazy.

Oh and down channelers further since the dodge abs will disproportionately help them.

Paladyr

Post by Paladyr » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:31 am

Davor wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:50 am
Paladyr wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:31 am
Davor wrote:
Well. Either you had a hand in the recent weapons and abs changes in which case I am completely correct and you are out of touch even despite playing abs. Or and this is more likely, you had nothing to do with the changes and I should/could have just said the immortals involved likely don’t play absers.
So much hubris in one post.

Roryn

Post by Roryn » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:00 am

If all you're taking from this is his comment about immortals being out of touch, I don't know what to say.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:02 am

This thread has actually been fairly uncharacteristic by wotmud standards - a civil conversation/discussion, a greater consensus, not much of the usual derailing / mud-slinging etc.

Please do take the high road and focus on the relevant points that Davor has made? I think he is directly speaking to what the stated intention of the changes as posted by Aureus:
The amount OB is coming down is different weapon class to weapon class, since we're trying to make their identities more distinct. But, three reasons:
We think OB is too high today - lots of unbashed hits on dodgers, and investing in parry doesn't result in much benefit for parried hits while bashed. So hit chance coming down will improve the value of parry.
And by shifting DB into PB for dodge rares, we think a PB-focused rare eq experience is better for balance. You can play around mob support, bring friends, etc. to offset PB. DB is really all or nothing: once someone approaches unbashable levels of DB it starts to feel really pointless for everyone except channelers.
High OB across the board erases many of the distinctions between weapon classes. By lowering OB and offering more distinct identities, different weapon classes shine more against different opponents.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:24 am

Channelers should be upped not downed.

Note: I play mostly absers