Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Thore

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Sarryn wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:12 pm
Lol at all this whining and constant drivel. All this fuss about abs is pretty funny. The constant drivel to down rogues into oblivion is hilarious. Abs is absolutely fine.
Says the guy frequently abusing sblade or fblade master damage combo attack setups on various alts!

Edit: maybe will respond to more as the second paragraph is dead wrong also...

Absolutely can balance/need/flatten the Zizek's of the world.

Wtf you pay for best-in-class data for WOTMUD!?!! You realize we can't make the ISPs route our traffic more efficiently right? Riot did this with League of Legends but they pay the ISPs big bucks to do it. Their game is way more balanced and way way way more reliant on low lag/ping than ours which is pulse/round based. Lag actually doesn't affect us as bad. Minus charge which takes advantage of lag which I think you also play often now that I think about it!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Lol abuse attack setups that's hilarious. That's a thing? Didn't know it was abuse... you can't practice it to? Let me tell you that it's not as fun as it may sound or look. Try it :p See how you fair. Abuse hahahahahaha omg. Oml I'm done talking with you Thore. You can play anything I can lol. Your hilarious, next please. Still love ya buddy but dang.

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:54 pm

zeek wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 pm
Raiste wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:36 pm

You won't be able to "fix" ABS in isolation. And it doesn't need to be fixed. It isn't broken. Your understanding of its niche in the ecosystem is simply incorrect.
Most hunters that have track aren't fast enough to actually put autotrack to good use in the first place
Autotrack is for more than just chasing. Also what % of autotrackers script? As a recently-first-time-hunter player, autotrack is OP! But I suck, so there ya have it. Autotrack feels like ezmode!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:01 pm

<worn on finger> a gold ring delicately carved with ivy
<worn on head> a rimmed round helmet
<worn around neck> a shimmering gold chain
<worn around neck> a shimmering gold chain
<worn on body> a tunic of finely-crafted chain
<worn about body> a coat bearing the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai <---overpowered option to
<slung on back> a backpack
<worn on arms> a pair of riveted chainmail sleeves
<worn on hands> a sturdy pair of full leather gauntlets
<worn around wrist> a jeweled wristcuff
<worn around wrist> a jeweled wristcuff
<worn as shield> a polished onyx-inlaid shield
<wielded> a curved clear dagger
<worn about waist> a belt with a buckle of cuendillar
<worn on legs> a set of riveted chainmail leggings
<worn on feet> a pair of animal-fur boots

Str:18 Dex:19 Con:19.
Offensive bonus: 141, Dodging bonus: 99, Parrying bonus: 164, Total defense: 263 non master wimpy Offensive bonus: 175 zerk

This is overpowered? I mean I could show you the zerk ob on this and you'd laugh. This is with 99 sblades/dodge/91 sparry. This is without a skin/flask whatever and a few other things potentially carried. Which would drop it around 258ish probably. Generally don't get over 91-93 in sblades/dodge either. Can you get higher if you have better pracs, sure? Gotta take all rogues into account not just ls/ss. Look at that overpowered ob to. Also not everyone is rolling around in the best sets. So leet. Let's not take into account that most people don't wear this exact set. You will see lissomes for furs, gold greaves for leggings, gold vambs for sleeves, ornate shirt for tunic, or strange helm for rimmed. And your pulling what 250 less? Soooo ya you guys are straight tripping.
Last edited by Sarryn on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:18 pm

lol, well wimpy/def i get this, and am missing 1 torc. idk how it stacks up but fwiw

Offensive bonus: 151, Dodging bonus: 73, Parrying bonus: 193
Your mood is: Wimpy. You will flee below: 407 Hit Points

in this kit:

<worn on head> a strange, insectoid helm
<worn around neck> a torc of gleaming steel
<worn on body> a tunic of finely-crafted chain
<worn about body> a black wool cape embroidered with a swooping hawk
<slung on back> a backpack
<worn on arms> a pair of riveted chainmail sleeves
<worn on hands> a sturdy pair of full leather gauntlets
<worn around wrist> a sungwood bracelet
<worn around wrist> a sungwood bracelet
<worn as shield> a silver etched shield
<wielded> a brass hilted general's sword
<worn about waist> a belt with a buckle of cuendillar
<worn on legs> a set of riveted chainmail leggings
<worn on feet> a pair of lissome leather boots with metal capped toes

also sarryn, i agree with a lot of what you said - like i was thinking the same thing, that regardless of the changes there are so many classes/setups on the game that are so fun to play, but i wish you wouldn't read 'people posting' = 'peolpe whining and complaining'. can't it just be a CONVERSATION 8-)

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm

Scripting auto-track is ridiculous and dumb. Anyone who uses a chase script is pretty easy to spot. It's not very prevalent at all.

No use trying to down the Zizek's of the world, we'll all be 'good' no matter what and you can't balance around a few players that are 'good'. It doesn't make sense.

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm
Scripting auto-track is ridiculous and dumb. Anyone who uses a chase script is pretty easy to spot. It's not very prevalent at all.

No use trying to down the Zizek's of the world, we'll all be 'good' no matter what and you can't balance around a few players that are 'good'. It doesn't make sense.
I still don’t understand this. Why play the game if you have the scripts doing all the actual gameplay?

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:03 pm

zeek wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 pm

Most good players have a decent inclination as to where you're going to run anyways. With or without track. Most hunters that have track aren't fast enough to actually put autotrack to good use in the first place so at that point you could argue the pracs are setup differently but you can more or less accomplish the same setups with warriors and hunters. I don't see the argument here. I don't think either is a "pve" class. People are so worried about stats but like sarryn explained earlier, the best players can play the worst stats and equipment and still crush people. They just understand how the game mechanics work - how mobs react, limitations of their gear, limitations of their opponents gear, picking up on patterns mid fight i.e. is someone engaging before running weaves or can I stab or charge them? List goes on. Good guys gonna keep being good. Everyone else has to just play and make the game fun for themselves or get gud. The people that are most "hurt" are also not "gud". Truth hurts.
when are you gonna get good?

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Rig wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm

You can't down skill, you can down eq. Come on, that's what people are talking about. Flattening the curve. Or honestly, lowering the ceiling of skill required to be the best at this game. So technically, yes you can kind of nerf those players

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Sarryn wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:53 pm
Lol abuse attack setups that's hilarious. That's a thing? Didn't know it was abuse... you can't practice it to? Let me tell you that it's not as fun as it may sound or look. Try it :p See how you fair. Abuse hahahahahaha omg. Oml I'm done talking with you Thore. You can play anything I can lol. Your hilarious, next please. Still love ya buddy but dang.
Duh it's boring. Duh it shreds abs. Abuse as in "treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.".

Don't read more into it.