Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Aureus

Re: Discussion Topic: Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Aureus » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:51 am

Bumped the red streamer lance’s weight up by .2 lbs.

arston

Post by arston » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:09 pm

vaheed wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:37 pm
Aureus wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 pm
The ascension of Jestin is at hand.

Re: lances I will take a look. The streamer lance’s bash could probably be better by .1-2 lbs at a quick glance.

I’ll still take a look at any other tweaks here and there that folks point out. With 350 weapons there are bound to be a few oddities lurking. What you should not expect is any massive swings to entire classes.
Why not cull some of it? If not some then a large majority. I cannot see a need for anything rated less than medium in any category of weapon and more than one medium seems pushing it.
sure there is! or do you want every single mob you fight to be hitting you with a top tier weapon :P

vaheed

Post by vaheed » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Well you could keep one of each class just to put on minions

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:23 am

Some more rambles to be ignored.
Aureus wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 pm
The ascension of Jestin is at hand.

Re: lances I will take a look. The streamer lance’s bash could probably be better by .1-2 lbs at a quick glance.

I’ll still take a look at any other tweaks here and there that folks point out. With 350 weapons there are bound to be a few oddities lurking. What you should not expect is any massive swings to entire classes.
We were told to wait for weapon changes before discussing too much, well most warriors are abs but after weapon changes I'd not recommend any abs weapon to a warrior outside of a few rares or a binnol(buffed from slightly above average to good for a primary weapon instead of a secondary).

Bash is not the only balancing factor in weapons(you seem to think lance bash is very relevant to the class in this post, wtf), every combo weapon does not need to bash full dodge 30% of the time while doing the damage of abs weapons.
Very roughly any weapon you can wield 1handed you can equate to 20+% bash, a bit under 2lbs of weapon weight worth just for being able to stick a shield on.

Blanket lowering of obs was not taken into account when balancing weapons reliant on obs(flails, it's more of a nerf on classes actually primarily reliance on it).
You bumped weight on dark barbed flail turning it into a bronze scourge(already a massively bad weapon that needed buffs not nerfs) for no reason then nerfed both their damage. I can get 6 dark barbed in 10 mintues(fine for a great XPing weapon) while you hope a bronze scourge low% loads somewhere at all. Didn't bother to make any weapons other than binnol(which was already just above average before) worthwhile in class full of unused weapons.
If a multihit weapon has low obs to hit mobs (while getting hit by all said mobs) and low damage when you do hit mobs (while getting hit by all said mobs) it wont get used much.

BT spear made mediocre in every way with no redeeming features(it is possible to actually nerf one facit and buff another)

Lances were better candidates for making 1.5handed(abs charge gets interupted simply by meleeing and they have low parry) than any of the weapons you did so.

Some overbuffed things I'm not sure i should mention as it's sort of shooting myself in the foot but pretty rediculous.
Finely crafted axe. -not rare, 5d8 1handed damage
Razor sword, 1.5handed, far and away best crafted rare currently in game 6d8 2handed(average 27 same as war maul).
Knife axe, 1.5handed, far and away best loaded rare in game, 6d8 2handed.
I&g sword, not rare, 1.5handed, not rare, 6d7 2handed putting abs weapons to shame.
4 different spears and polearms that bash topend dodge fine(while having easy pracs) with little variance between them.(easy access weapons are also super super close to 6 token crafted)

Roryn

Post by Roryn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 am

Detritus sums up most of my thoughts if a bit more confrontational than i would be.

Quick thing about lances though, pretty sure making them 1.5 handed would do nothing, other than prevent disarm, because extra dmg die from riding doesn't stack with 1.5 handed.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:39 am

Have been playing a non-master abs hunter and warriors do feel like a second-tier pk class currently. Maybe that's intended, but it's sad because warriors had their own role in the rock-paper-scissors balance of the classes.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm

I think something pretty big was missed here. Taking the DB from the rare items effectively ups channelers and downs rogues(and other dodgers).

Playing with surcoat and onyx(or dirks) with its slight improvement over alternatives + the additional from 19 dex and practices allowed a fully kitted rogue without armor to have the effective dodge of a channeler with armor. Given that you (might) get armor at some point you would be even better at dodging (which was still pretty rough once you are faced with a master zerk trolloc or a rare wielding fade - there was not a recent time period when dodge was considered overpowered).

But now, a wilder with armor and 18 dex is going to max out on dodge because of armor. The risk of that channeler wearing stupid expensive rares was offset by them having a max of 280 HPS... Very few channelers who consistently pk'd were fully kitted - it just wasn't worth it unless you are playing rarely and sticking in groups. I hardly ever saw the types of channies who create pk in superkits (and they would easily keep them if they were overpowered because those tend to be skilled players).

Further, who is going to wear a 6k surcoat for extra parry? Silver Med has a different use (the no locate so it gets worn). I suppose same with the jcuffs - they aren't worth using for 1 pb if you really think about it.

Also, if we have the ability to code finally why wasn't removing master damage(or adding master damage to everyone) the absolute first step taken? The fact you have to have 1k qps to be on even damage output w/ 75%+ of the pkers is bogus.

Davor

Post by Davor » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:00 pm

All the changes were designed to make a few classes more powerful. Fades, warders and dreadlords. Fades kept serk attack. Warders get 10 ob on bond and dreadlords now get the best dodge item in the game. The rest of you plebs can eat a fat one. Finally we are back to the days of old when the powerful keep the weak down by taking the reigns of change!

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:24 pm

Davor wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:00 pm
All the changes were designed to make a few classes more powerful. Fades, warders and dreadlords. Fades kept serk attack. Warders get 10 ob on bond and dreadlords now get the best dodge item in the game. The rest of you plebs can eat a fat one. Finally we are back to the days of old when the powerful keep the weak down by taking the reigns of change!
8-)

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Sat May 01, 2021 5:44 am

Fermin wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm
I think something pretty big was missed here. Taking the DB from the rare items effectively ups channelers and downs rogues(and other dodgers).
Now imagine if some of the channelers had 19 dex.