Clarification on warrior update

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
rawandle

Clarification on warrior update

Post by rawandle » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:28 am

Is anyone aware if the damage reduction occurs before or after the abs% reduction? The way it is written it could be two different things, as an example lets say that you are a warrior with 85% abs taking 100 damage (to keep it simple)

case 1: 100- 4 damage (for being wimpy) = 96 damage * 15% from armor = either 14 or 15 damage depending on how it rounds

case 2: 100* 15% from armor =15 damage - 4 dmg reduction = 11.

Also if a small amount of damage got done (like 15 damage) then could the abs/damage reduction reduce it to zero? or is there a minimum damage that is always done?

And lastly, was this the right spot to ask this?

Aloisa

Re: Clarification on warrior update

Post by Aloisa » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:43 am

It's after abs. It does get reduced to zero. This is a fine place to ask this, but help and newbie probably a better one.

Dukug

Post by Dukug » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:10 pm

Hijacking this thread.

Any news on when Warrior changes, which are currently game breaking and borderline ruin PK, are going to receive an update?

Best case scenario, the damage reduction is removed entirely. (And replaced with something else)
Worst case scenario, the damage reduction ability is reversed in that going Zerk gives the highest reduction and wimpy gives none.

The "PK mud" needs more death and destruction not less and unfortunately wimpy live-forever-abser warriors are not the right direction.

Kind regards,

A hooded one of the shadows

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:55 pm

zerk becoming max reduction sounds like the right choice. Adrenaline makes you take more punishment and take more hits, which can be interpreted to damage reduction.

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:47 pm

Tatsuo wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:55 pm
zerk becoming max reduction sounds like the right choice. Adrenaline makes you take more punishment and take more hits, which can be interpreted to damage reduction.
This would actually make it more powerful and worse for the game. No thanks

Eol

Post by Eol » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:17 pm

I would like to see attack return for warriors but be capped at something like 10-15% and strictly based on level. ie. level to 30/3 or whatever.

I have sat down to write this post about 10 times and have given up or accidentally closed the window each time so this time I'm hitting submit regardless of what happens. I hoped to tell a long tale of the changes through time, the frequency of people creating warriors and how this has changed, the natural tendency of players to really only play things that can be exploited, how players mentality adapted through time, how some people saw the game glass half full while others glass half empty, possibilities and power. But we don't have time for all that cause I'll accidentally hit x.

We need the addiction back. I was honestly really, really against berserk attack when it was implemented. It really changed PK / dynamics / chasing / turtling and unfortunately it was just over the top. Even level based attack was too strong at about 60%.

Now, having gone without it. Honestly, I feel like how fades felt back in the day when they lost attack. I feel deflated. Less desire to play. I log onto a warrior and think - why am I on this character? I should just be on a hunter. I've lost that Wotmud high. I used to read rogues talk about the addiction of getting a stab off. The feel of it. The desire to do it again. I never felt that for rogues myself. For a long time I felt the vibe when I played my FC - the possibilities. The buttons. The combos. The timing. You can play an FC, practice a bunch of weaves and purposely use the most powerful weave or just WEIRD weaves and still have fun. You don't even have to spike/zing people and you can tell throw others players off. A wilder could literally use fear and silence to create just the right vibe. They might get more kills with just spikes but they could produce something unique, different to put others players on edge.

Berserk attack created that for me again. The feeling of laying it on the line - trying to merge berserk not just into the winning encounters or the "back against the wall moments" but to bring it into everything to turn the tide. It created those incredible "oh crap" moments, turn it off, turn it off, or I need you and I need everyone to commit. We're not going to get those moments back in the current form.

Berserk attack was poorly implemented. It can be implemented right. People can still find the urge to pull the trigger if you give them just a little something. It shouldn't be so much that warriors automatically win every encounters 1 on 1 berserk, but it should be enough for a person to say - I'm laying it on the line.

Good enough. Click!

(wait, this guy has been here like 22 years and is asking for a coding change???)

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:31 am

Everything on our end was completed and ready for update approx 4 weeks (or more, I have a toddler so time is meaningless for me) ago. We're only waiting for Flash to push the update live and there's no easy or reliable way to predict when that will happen. Sorry.