Emote damage in FD - arrows and oil

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Magdan

Re: Emote damage in FD - arrows and oil

Post by Magdan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:04 pm

As much as we all hate emotes and damage. Would this be good overall for city defenses during raids? Or even outnumbered pk? I get that in small number pk it sucks to die to this. I think it's safe to say we all have felt its wrath before. But would it remove a last stand defense in bad situation s? That's what this "feature" is intended for imo.

We all hate dying to it by just getting blocked inside. But haven't we all had to defend a city outnumbered? Where do you usually make your stand in that case?

Rark

Post by Rark » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:56 pm

If you can't win with the mobs that are inside the city, then the emote damage won't make you win either. The only thing it does, is discourage people from hitting inside.

Paj

Post by Paj » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:22 pm

I haven't seen anyone discouraged from hitting inside. Actually there's been a lot of people hitting inside of recent. In groups and alone. Its just a risk.
Chasing inside FD isn't nearly as dangerous as chasing in RK still.

Rark

Post by Rark » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:25 pm

If you honestly think having emote damage that hits for 100ish hps is good for PK, and doesn't give people reservations about hitting inside, you are kind of delusional or just don't know how PK works.

Magdan

Post by Magdan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:30 pm

By your logic good sir if you honestly think that having dreadguards inside RK is good for pk. Or the promoting of people hitting inside, then you sir are also delusional. Remove arrows and oil. Remove your channeling mobs. It's a win win right? Our defenses are stationary and easy to avoid. Yours roam around randomly and can be more deadly.

Rark

Post by Rark » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:37 pm

And where have I ever said that dreadguards are good for PK... if it was up to me I'd remove all channeling mobs and add a jump exit to Ruined Keep and TKD, anything that encourages people to hit inside is good. I guess I made the mistake of posting on my fade instead of one of my countless of human characters, and I guess your confusion could have been avoided.

Davor

Post by Davor » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:48 pm

I agree with Magdan and Paj. I think we should increase emote damage across the board. Soon we are going to have very few players and one of the few challenges left may be avoiding emote damage. I'm up for it...are you?

#newchallenges

Did I do that right? I don't use twitter.

Paj

Post by Paj » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:06 am

I'm a bit offended. A never suggested raising emote damage (creator knows i deal more with it smobbing then PKers) and I haven't seen anything really stopping darkside from hitting inside FD if they're really set on it. Why you people have to attack opinions so vehemently is beyond me.

Magdan

Post by Magdan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:11 am

I'm just saying let's make it even. If we are removing emote damage from easily avoided gates. Let's remove dreadguards, let's not get all butt hurt about it. lulz And yeah, nothing stops ds from hitting inside fd. There inside fd constantly lately.

Wallace Del'Sol

Post by Wallace Del'Sol » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:20 am

Fal Dara is suppose to be one of the most fortified cities in the books. The fact that fades and trollocs get out easy as they do is dumb as it is.