Emote damage in FD - arrows and oil

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Spyder

Re: Emote damage in FD - arrows and oil

Post by Spyder » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:56 am

If the game was actually rpish, none of us would play anything outside of a channie.

Rark

Post by Rark » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:47 am

Wallace Del'Sol wrote:Fal Dara is suppose to be one of the most fortified cities in the books. The fact that fades and trollocs get out easy as they do is dumb as it is.
Yes lets bend gameplay to roleplay so the game will be more fun...

Davor

Post by Davor » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:02 am

FD is really not that easy. Sure if you want to run through, that is easy. Anyone can spend 30 seconds in any zone and be fine. If you're actively trying to kill someone in FD than no, its not that easy. My last 2/3 deaths were in FD. It's incredibly chokey and the vultures fly once anyone hits inside and as Wept said, thats fine and expected.

No one likes dying to emote damage or silly oil. FD has no channels, no mobs, 2 SMOBish locations and then about 50-60 mobs that chase. It's probably the most fortified city in the game for LS. Though I haven't seen many other cities.

I'm all for fairness and putting back jump exits in the Keep, I don't know which fun-hating immortal thought it was a good idea to remove. In addition you can remove the DG's to balance the loss of oil. Or at the very least just limit it to 1 room out of the way that makes it balanced. IE make oil like all south of crossing and put DGs n 2e of Keep rent.

Just some thoughts.

I was just kidding Pajwa. Creator knows.

Gryk

Post by Gryk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:33 am

While we're at it lets remove call lightning. I never see it used in a good situation. It's always a easy win weave. It's absurdly powerful. Easy to get, super short timer. In a game where people love easy kills.

This would go a good ways towards balancing channelers. Maybe replace it with HOA, or hailstorm so wilders get something. To replace. Though I hate HOA why should channelers bash. So hailstorm or flame strike.

Oh and remove rogues to there boring asfk.

Wept

Post by Wept » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:51 am

I completely agree with everyone here except maybe Wallace. With small numbers on the mud now, anything that encourages pk (especially riskier pk like in an enemy's city) needs to be encouraged.

Get rid of dreadguards! It's the exact same thing. Jump exit in keep. Please come chase us in keep! We would love to pk you with a bunch of mobs on our side and a slam able to keep you in. Of course, add back in the jump
Exits. Great ideas all around.

As to the rp aspect, I would leave that to the people that spend a lot of time in fd. Maybe some sort of a vote? I would guess that the majority of people that actually spend time in FD would love to see DS hit even more than they do now. Exciting pk; easier kills, etc. if you don't ever go to fd, why do you care what happens there?

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Removing it would be for the best. Although how will I get egowns from Wept if we remove the oil????

It's okay to have fights that are unwinnable. If a particular side has the numbers, they shouldn't be dying from random chance or from "features" that can't be beat, or from mobs that disarm you to the ground every round. Without the emote damage, Fal Dara is actually a pretty fun PK zone that allows for either side to out-play the other, depending on who knows how to work the zone better. (Pretty fun until it's a deathtrap, at least.)