What things are fun to do on LS/SS?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Spyder

Re: What things are fun to do on LS/SS?

Post by Spyder » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:04 am

Sounds like seanchan would be a fun testing ground for new combat setups and styles if you had gear to burn. Easy access to vials is always extremely handy given how many i seem to chew through!

I think i'll try this hunter and start learning some south western zones and doing some mob quests!

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 pm

List of fun things to do on LS:

1. Kill Rark
2. Kill Scrat
3. Kill Melayna

Joining Lancers or Cavalry might be a good choice if you're interested in northern PK. You get some decent bonuses, have some mob support (and eventually mob-lead) up north, and don't have to run to the other side of the map to turn in scalps. You also get to boss around Saif when he shows up in Fal Dara. There's also not a ton of camaraderie in Lancers, particularly (or Gaidin, for that matter), so if you want a fun clan atmosphere you might find it worthwhile to run across the map to turn in scalps or join PK.

One thing to consider is that the more familiar you are with the bonuses of a particular clan or class, the easier it is to kill them. For that alone, I'd recommend trying a wilder out for at least a few PK sessions. Most channies aren't scary to PK against once you've played one and understand their limits.

There is actually kind of a nasty learning curve PKing up north on LS, mostly because of moves, the lack of smells, the worse (than DS) mob support, and the damage that DS can dish out quickly. But that's all part of what makes killing Rark all the sweeter.

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Yes, looking forward to more Cavalry. Thinking of cleaning the current rank one and twos out and start inducting every active interested player that doesn't already have an alt in Cavalry. I'm just that kind of nice guy. Enabling the players for enjoyment. (Not being funny)

Leiloni

Post by Leiloni » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:58 pm

If your planning on playing LS up north (or anywhere really) just be ready for a lot of disappointment. What I mean by that is comparatively LS is terrible at regrouping etc. If your more of a solo player and not a follow and stick with the leader type. Expect to get demolished by ds groups while you call for help that may or may not arrive.

Know who your pking with and the leader you have around you or following. If its not one of the more prominent LS leaders like Davor, Trik etc. Just be weary if you think your gonna get back up when you call. The more experienced LS leaders like aforementioned you will be fine generally.

Play follow the leader until your comfortable and understand LS dynamics. Otherwise you will generally end up in the circle expecting help that doesn't come. This is not to say play like a Nancy its just realistic. You know north pk and its zones so you will be better off then someone just starting. Just my 2 cents and heads up. I find myself frustrated with LS quite often personally. Unless you have solid leaders or pkers around you.

Aira

Post by Aira » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:28 pm

The thing with LS is that there's so much to do, it can be hard to choose at times.
  • Money run to stock bank account and/or spare.
  • Use said money to stock up on vials, cure poison cups and cure fear vials.
  • Fill barrels with eq, even if it's just lithe stuff, axes from thieves north of Caem, or the broadsword from Wretch Chief.
  • Putting decent statting weapons in barrels.
  • Rescuing lost people, people whose lanterns have run out, groups that are hit by crossrace in smobs and so on.
  • Depending on your setup, figure out how you can solo certain smobs.
  • Go on a mapping/discovery spree. I still find doors after more than a decade, even in central areas.
One of the key things I feel that are crucial to getting the most out of LS is knowing the most efficient ways to travel to/from areas. Master the art of horsehopping and you can arrive almost anywhere in a matter of minutes, which should greatly increase your options when it comes to pk, finding a group to smob, take advantage of multipliers and so on. E.g. that trap reversed log from Razhak, I was in Amador <5 minutes earlier, I went north after Zizek had said DS was commie. I arrived in Fal Dara and was told a trap was being planned. If I hadn't known how to horsehop, I'd not been a part of that. Being able to travel quickly is also fairly crucial if you want to turn in scalps and not waste stupid amounts of time.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:25 pm

For fun on lightside, message Arkaza.

Divina

Post by Divina » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 pm

I will pay 50gc for every person that Arkaza has to manually type Ignore xxxxx.

Start spamming Arkaza guys and send me proof.

Iskveri

Post by Iskveri » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:09 am

No remorts or long term goals. Hardly any people anymore. Finding decent PK up north or out west is harder since it relies on finding trollocs/seanchan to fight as opposed to raiding and killing the much more plentiful humans. LS just seems to exist to make more fades and dreadlords to me.

I miss the old days when we'd at least get lied to now and then that they were working on making it more worthwhile to be human.

Talem

Post by Talem » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:25 am

I started playing in 2011. Here are some of things I like for LS:

Lore Hunter - Most new players start out on LS. Some stay and some leave. People want to stay when they are interested in the game and actually find good community. And if they are a fan of Robert Jordan, learning about things like The Ways, Portal Stones, Evil Braem, Shadar Logoth, sea folk, Tinkers, Tree singers, navigating the taint, Yellow Eyes, secret clans, and sparking tales of future hope (Mastering an MC has never been done in 20 years?) spark people's interest. It's what has me keep coming back. Discovery.

The Conflicts - LS is divided. The Tower hunts Male Channelers. Whitecloaks hate all channelers. Dragon sworn love all channelers. Thief clans raid towns. Thiefbane hunts them down. Illian/Mayene/Tear conflict. Lancers protect the north. Red Eagles protect the south...etc. etc. You can pick your niche and protect it/hunt.

Role Playing - Be a Wilder that is literally a wild card in battles. Do something different. Fog a zone for crying out loud. Add some suprise element. Be a Gleeman. Be an Illuminator. A zerking warrior who wields flails. Kick. Swim. Go hard and prac bows. Talk stupid like Bubba. Be that Game Changer people are talking about. When I see players like crazy MC's running around with a flame sword, Viera's raiding Caemlyn and declaring themselves rulers of Andor, etc. online I get excited, because you don't know what is going to really happen. It adds mystery to the boring same repetition that can happen. Be someone who spices it up. Make memories.