WoTmud Website - What would YOU like to see?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Lyren

WoTmud Website - What would YOU like to see?

Post by Lyren » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:51 pm

I've recently come into a little bit of time and just finished doing some minor fixes on the website - some pages should be a little more mobile friendly.

Is there anything missing on the website that you would like to see? Any links that you feel should be easier to find?

Keep it on-topic please.

RP Stories - There is a submission link on the site. PLEASE if you have stories submit them!

Things you don't need to mention:
1. I know there are two URLs. It's a work in progress.
2. The majority of the informative content is pulled from the wiki pages. If you don't like it, go fix it yourself.

Alison

Re: WoTmud Website - What would YOU like to see?

Post by Alison » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:21 am

Button to the discord server. That would help and maybe a connection to the facebook page.
Even the twitter page .

Is there a way to get our messages sent to us via our email? that is registered?

The website is great. i have tested it on a few different versions of windows and browsers.

Weir

Post by Weir » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Isn't there discord stuff on the right side of the wotmud.info site?

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Website needs some serious SEO work to make it discoverable when people are searching for Wheel of Time related topics so that we can get new players, especially with interest ramping up around the Amazon show. Shoot me a PM if you want to chat more about it.

Lyren

Post by Lyren » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Alison wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:21 am
Button to the discord server. That would help and maybe a connection to the facebook page.
Even the twitter page .

Is there a way to get our messages sent to us via our email? that is registered?

The website is great. i have tested it on a few different versions of windows and browsers.
Thanks for testing it. The fb and Twitter buttons are already there in top right - discord button is in the discord widget. You can get notifications when you get pms in the forum by going to your user console and into the notifications panel.

Lyren

Post by Lyren » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Bryan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:04 pm
Website needs some serious SEO work to make it discoverable when people are searching for Wheel of Time related topics so that we can get new players, especially with interest ramping up around the Amazon show. Shoot me a PM if you want to chat more about it.
The SEO is an ongoing process and it takes forever. I've already done research on trending keywords and every image/link on the site has alt tags. Most of the keywords, meta descriptions and slugs are done. It's difficult to write keywords and title tags in a manner that doesn't make the site look tacky. The biggest problem with the site is that the majority of the content is served from the wiki which effectively makes most of the pages empty. I am by no means an SEO expert and would welcome any advice you have.

Orino

Post by Orino » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:23 am

Can we get a playable client on the website?

So those visiting can quickly drop in?

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:31 pm

Orino wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:23 am
Can we get a playable client on the website?

So those visiting can quickly drop in?
There is one, it's the one Stark made.