Prevalence of channeling mobs

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mhaliah

Re: Prevalence of channeling mobs

Post by Mhaliah » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:27 am

Could channel mobs count the number of cross race that enter the room in a tick? If yes could each new entry increases the chance of weaving?

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:24 pm

RE Tarendrelle specifically, I'd make the following changes:
  1. Move the damane/suldam to Lunal as stationary mobs
  2. Remove nochan from Lunal
  3. Remove 2-3 guards from Lunal to account for the damane/suldam
  4. Add a wandering/chasing patrol instead (commander + 3-4 fighter mobs)
That would make the damane less of a roving death squad and put a decently strong patrol in their place, but still give Seanchan a place to fall back to with very strong mob support. But also not a safe room. I feel like that would make Tarendrelle PK a little more dynamic.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:25 pm

Imagine our surprise when Flash went "oh, but it's not hard to add a timer to mobs"

.................. :o :shock: :? :evil: :lol: :roll:

Not that it's been done, but still. :P Hopefully one day.

I'm not sure how well the moboled variety works. Some players have mentioned that they're still getting hit a few times a round, but that might be due to shortblade attack triggering it more often. At best/worst though, I put the damage of the moboled weaves lower.

More feedback on Blodfest Dreadlord and Granlin's Sedai would be welcome though, especially if it fires loads without attacking weapons.

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Elysia wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Imagine our surprise when Flash went "oh, but it's not hard to add a timer to mobs"

.................. :o :shock: :? :evil: :lol: :roll:

Not that it's been done, but still. :P Hopefully one day.
:shock:

I always knew Flash was the Dark One. :twisted:

Possible future uses for Slice Weaves, Kick and maybe even Shield also?? That would be exciting and would go a long, long way towards addressing the problems.
Elysia wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:25 pm
I'm not sure how well the moboled variety works. Some players have mentioned that they're still getting hit a few times a round, but that might be due to shortblade attack triggering it more often. At best/worst though, I put the damage of the moboled weaves lower.

More feedback on Blodfest Dreadlord and Granlin's Sedai would be welcome though, especially if it fires loads without attacking weapons.
I think the changes to Granlin and Blodfest have been a step in the right direction overall. They are still a little too far on the inconsistent end of the spectrum - ie, subject to enough random chance that it it swings a lot from encounter to encounter and can sometimes be very painful for one side or the other. Vs, say, mobs that channel more consistently but are on a predictable timer and can be interrupted (which is probably quite hard to do via mobol).

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:21 pm

I think the mobol channeling is much worse then previous (I only know Blodfest). Things before that you could use you can't use, and it isn't intuitive...the fact that he can somehow make you sit without even giving a message that something happened is all I needed to see to not really go in that room.

For example:
http://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=7 ... is#p112414

Above log shows a type of kill the mobol is trying to avoid? But this is a kill that old mob code wouldn't have made (not even bashed).

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Great weaves for PK would be - flame strike, hailstorm, freeze, poison and blind (get rid of the large damage weaves and ones that can't be countered with preparation (contagion).

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Zeeb wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:21 pm
I think the mobol channeling is much worse then previous (I only know Blodfest). Things before that you could use you can't use, and it isn't intuitive...the fact that he can somehow make you sit without even giving a message that something happened is all I needed to see to not really go in that room.

For example:
http://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=7 ... is#p112414

Above log shows a type of kill the mobol is trying to avoid? But this is a kill that old mob code wouldn't have made (not even bashed).
No worse than this: http://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=7 ... er#p112105