Twitter updates/changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Eol

Re: Twitter updates/changes

Post by Eol » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 pm

I would be extremely frustrated if I died exping or smobbing because the Twitter feed clued someone in to where I was. Attentive trolls cannot be caught exping/smobbing except by wolfbrothers. This game is already crawling with rats and ravens (sometimes purposely placed in random smobs). Humans, the meat in the middle of the PK sandwich don't need anything that tells bad guys where they are.

That's my overly nitpicky complaint, but I don't think anyone is really that interested in mob kills under any circumstance. Perhaps city-quests could be shared later in the day so the successful troll can brag/get kudos.

More information about PK is probably what people are about - the number of kills that occurred in a zone or something like that.

I'll throw a weird idea out - some sort of item that takes a little bit of work to acquire (it needs to be limited because otherwise it would be spammy and therefore meaningless and the person who has it needs to value it to some extent because its a way of saying I truly want PK) that could be turned in and cause a battle challenge to be given. I know we have the new narrating mobs, but honestly I'm not sure that they really lead to that much PK. I know that sounds weird, but Ragan goes off so often that I almost started to ignore it. I just don't actually believe that many people are looking for PK. Same for when a scout starts narrating about north of Lockshear - that isn't a PK zone and do you really want PK if you are only a few rooms from Blight?

Here's my weird idea - you kill some smob and it carries a "challenge flag". You plant the flag in a specific room and it leads to a narrate or a Twitter message with your name in it - "Zarth plants a mangled human head on a spike north of Fal Dara and dares and puny human to face him." Its more specific than just walking past Ragan and maybe engaging. Alternatively, "Benito signals to the watchtower to light the fires. The borderlands is danger, will you rally to the call."

I don't use Twitter and probably never will. I wonder how the message size limitation will effect the ability to relay information.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:01 am

Cut out snakes and trees... And fearsome animals and I will turn the twitter feed to my phone back on :)

Awesome new idea though, thanks for trying new stuff Flash and Staff!

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:03 am

Include names of high TP chars and masters. Add flags to justice and malfeasance to post when the wielder had fallen or it has been turned in.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:40 pm

But.. but... if we show high tp chars..

... how can people then transfer tps between their cross race chars without being noticed??!

varcoz

Post by varcoz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Razhak wrote:But.. but... if we show high tp chars..

... how can people then transfer tps between their cross race chars without being noticed??!
Absolutely hilarious :) That's a good point there Razhak haha. Sorry I found this to be very amusing.

Thore

Post by Thore » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm not sure including char names is a great idea, though it would be cool if you could opt into your name showing up, that might be nice: A trolloc has slain Thore in The Blight! It could really spit out quite a few fun things that might generate some interest but it might be too much of a pain to code:

Queen Tenobia just fell to trollocs, join in and repel the invaders!
Three Red Eagles are defending Edmond's Field from Seanchan, log on your Eagle?
Oathbreakers are running around on Toman Head Road, join the Empire in repelling them! (basically scout functionality to Twitter)
Woo, a 3x exp modifier chit has been turned in for ALL SIDES! Get your grind on.
The greatsword Justice has been returned, now is a great time to form a group and reclaim it!
A mob of trollocs and a militant Darkfriend is raiding Caemlyn
A chit has been loaded onto a random smob, will you be the one to find it?
Today smobs have 3x the chance to load good items, grab some friends and smash them! (req. coding change, would be neat)
For the next hour, turn in player scalps to me for 2x the QPs — Vivienne.
The unique Battle Flail of Shol Arbela returns, one unlucky player will bring it back into action!

Idk just some ideas.

Aira

Post by Aira » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Thuvia wrote:Happened to glance at a recent tweet, and a zone name popped up as "seafolk - Central Tremalking"

This a bug, or was the zone name changed from just "Central Tremalking" like it used to be?

On a related note, any chance yall might release a zone list like Sayuja did some years back? Was interesting to see all the zone names along with their creators.
You mean this?

http://wotmud.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Lis ... r_Creators

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Yup.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:03 pm

None of the imms on that list of zone creators still around, but it is 13 years old. Cray-Cray. :P

mezo

Post by mezo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Astolfo wrote:None of the imms on that list of zone creators still around, but it is 13 years old. Cray-Cray. :P
May be around, just not an imm anymore. Just as there are remorts around that don't play their remorts.