Aspiring to better ABS?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Re: Aspiring to better ABS?

Post by isabel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Gryk wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:16 pm
And you think these two should be fairly matched? Lol 😂 Me personally I don’t mind. Can’t fathom how many awesome sets I’ve made a HUGE come up off of a abs set and mallet worth to me maybe 300-500gold tops. Be realistic people, bitching about abs and or it’s weapons especially nowadays is fking hilarious. Get good
All the OP is saying is to bring in some aspirational abs. Isn't saying it's unbalanced or anything.

Your post has this mentality that abs is garbage and since garbage can win sometimes, what's the problem. Some of us playing abs play it as our PRIMARY setup because we like that class/setup. It's like saying lol why should a hunter ever go toe to toe with a channie, don't you know how much more effort/whatever it takes to stat that or whatever the argument is. So what? Why shouldn't every setup and class be a good matchup if it's played well enough? Defensive setups have a ton of advantages and played correctly win 10 times out of 11. And the time that the abs wins is almost always becuase the defensive player chose to hit/stay in the fight, pretty simple. No one asks you to hit something when you're one zerk bash from dead. The fact that abs CAN beat your uber setup once in a blue moon is a REASON to play abs. Do you see anyone pking in lithe kits anymore? No right ? Because lithe sets are really not matching up anymore.

Gryk

Post by Gryk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Yes... and all I’m stating is my opinion. Abs is fine, it’s weapons are fine. I guess I’m missing the point? I believe abs in it’s current state is more than fine. I believe it’s balanced and nothing needs done to it. I believe the abs weapons are pretty dam good. Specially compared to what it used to be in like 03... We have upped the basic non rare top tier abs weapons. We have a multitude of abs rares available. Also majority of combo bash rares can be used for abs. Most simply choose not to. DST and any heron can easily be used in abs. Hell I’ve rocked a heron mess in full abs full parry trinks....

Again my opinion, clearly you don’t value it and that’s fine. I don’t think anything needs done to anything abs related. Maybe add less parry malus to murgoz? Thus you up abs in a roundabout way. Nothing needs done to anything combo related honestly. Dodge is a joke imo unless you have a super link and are a great player and or wimp.

Gryk

Post by Gryk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Also not sure where your getting me bashing abs and saying it shouldn’t be able to stand toe to toe with other setups. I’ve stated it’s fine as is like 10 times. I play multiple abs chars including this guy. It’s super easy and a fun time. You die a lot more but oh noes?! It’s incredibly easy to hop back on that horse. I believe efforts can be focused on other things then abs. I also believe as stated the comparison when fighting/winning is heavily favored to the abser. I mean what do I gain when I kill an abser? 5-10 tps a abs set a mallet maybe parry eq and very seldom a abs rare.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Yeah it's really not a balance issue for me so much as just the having to monitor the % and go repair and sit there with receipts for X minutes is kind of some annoying micromanagement that smacks of "realism" added for no real gameplay purpose.

If it's coding then whatever obviously it's not that big of a deal.

e:
Rig wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 am
I also dislike that we can’t use our quest points for anything but hoarding, essentially. I have 1000 quest points. I put in the work to obtain my rank/bonuses/whatever. Awesome. Why in seven hells should I not be able to do whatever I want with them?!? If anything, should just put a cap on how many you can use in x amount of time. If I feel like issuing a pair of trinks for gold, I will do it all I fuckin want! There’s enough gold sinks in the game that this poses very small problems.
+1

The issue costs are kind of high, too, idk what it is like for other clans but yeah.
Last edited by Reyne on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:04 pm

I value your opinion Gryk. It's just that you're talking about balance and stuff instead of talking to what the OP is about.

Regarding issue - the thing with issue is that it makes it less tedious. If I want a sid, I could go smobbing etc - or I can issue, which is my little 'bonus'. Being able to gold/vial it just gives me something I can use (as an abser). And technically sure, it could help my Wisdom char out but the Wisdom char would have had to do the broker stuff etc anyway - so it's not like I bypass the tedious on any alt.

Musashi

Post by Musashi » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:22 pm

I know they said they cant slow abs deterioration any more than they already did but did they ever say they cant make it liie a shield? Like if you just stayed at 85% until you were at used or whatever life would be goood.

raal

Post by raal » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:06 pm

I mob that you could give basic abs (shining plate) for example and they would retool it to clan abs and toss it right back pristine would be pretty good, you could ask elysia if that was possible and how much it would cost for the clan (I'd think like 50k - 100k for 6 months would be fair).

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Idea is great but 100k gold? What game are we playing?? I feel like we could all make 100k in our respective currencies in the time it would take to make 100k gold..

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:33 pm

There are plenty of clans with hundreds of thousands of gold in their coffers :P
Depositing a handful of rares can get you there pretty quick.

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Rares are meant for killing trollocs, not selling for gold.

I shall propose to my clan that we dock one qp for every 1k deposited.