Aspiring to better ABS?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Carinya

Re: Aspiring to better ABS?

Post by Carinya » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Mhaliah wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:14 pm
My issue with abs is that the armor wear is actually a malus for PK. This is compounded by the condition flags leading to faster wear. I have been in PK where my abs dropped 5% over the course of 20 minutes because the shiner I had was not excellent or better condition. Make it like a shield. If you don't repair it over time it will break and be gone, but the abs% does not decrease as the wear increases.
great idea

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:21 pm

Mhaliah wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:14 pm
Make it like a shield. If you don't repair it over time it will break and be gone, but the abs% does not decrease as the wear increases.
+1

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:49 pm

Pulverwise wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:33 pm
isabel wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:55 pm
Pulv I don't know if you play LS but from this end the amount of damage that the zerk masters and fades dish out is really really high honestly.
You forgetting my alts is becoming emotionally painful and you're off my Christmas list. And my Diwali list.
I will pass on Jesus day and right-wing promoted air-pollution day :P

Re abs decay: I had posted about it a while ago and imms said no can do because it is coding. Though they didn't change stats on Murgoz or R8 abs chest piece.

On a side note since we're talking about abs, I recently asked if we could at least issue trinks to broker for vials, or use for craftable abs weapons (and potentially just sell for coin so we can mend/buy abs etc) - but an imm just threw the rulebook about trinks at me. So as an abser is really absolutely nothing to do in terms of taking advantage of your qps.

I think if we were allowed to issue trinks to craft abs weapons that would have been good. Or to burn for the gold for an abs set.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:09 pm

parry effecting bash makes 1handed and rediculous 2handed defence weapons too good.

Why use an abs weapons when you can get the exact same result with 200def instead.

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:48 am

Is this for real or just a troll post?

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 am

Thank you for the constructive feedback, dear above poster!

Abs is strong as it’s ever been right now. It’s pretty great. Abs rares will always be the lowest sought after rares. Mostly because while abs are great, survivability for a very good majority of the mud population is not high if you get into a bind below sup 200 hps. Unlike combo and dodge.

I also dislike that we can’t use our quest points for anything but hoarding, essentially. I have 1000 quest points. I put in the work to obtain my rank/bonuses/whatever. Awesome. Why in seven hells should I not be able to do whatever I want with them?!? If anything, should just put a cap on how many you can use in x amount of time. If I feel like issuing a pair of trinks for gold, I will do it all I fuckin want! There’s enough gold sinks in the game that this poses very small problems.

Make abs rares load more. A lot more. Make them cheaper to craft. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

iria

Post by iria » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:18 am

I believe several clans get QPs from trinkets or from vials. So you could essentially transfer QPs between alts, if you were allowed to issue your trinkets to turn in for whatever.

antoine

Post by antoine » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:18 am

I'm really enjoying the Abs/Mallet setup again. Mallet seems good damage but that could just be the BG bonus talking... Mallet was competing with a DST master trolloc the other day. I was happy.

Gryk

Post by Gryk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Personally think abs is fine. As are it’s weapons etc. I mean I’ve never really understood the equality argument with it. On one hand you have a zerk warrior who may or may not have master bonuses on top of that. Who is probably rocking a basic abs kit and a mallet. If your lucky maybe some decent parry trinks/clan trinks.

On the other hand you have a dude in a full combo/dodge kit, probably rare weapon. Especially if it’s dodge you get like what 2 gold rings/2 sids or medallions/2 jcuffs/cbelt or dbelt/robe or gown/dodge kit/rare weapon/etched or rare shield/probably 3-6 vials maybe a cider. And if it’s combo you might get a ornate shirt or gold greaves to boot? Haha

And you think these two should be fairly matched? Lol 😂 Me personally I don’t mind. Can’t fathom how many awesome sets I’ve made a HUGE come up off of a abs set and mallet worth to me maybe 300-500gold tops. Be realistic people, bitching about abs and or it’s weapons especially nowadays is fking hilarious. Get good

Gryk

Post by Gryk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Oh and if your an abser who is scared of dying please delete your char. I get it you shouldn’t just give out free qps. And I try not to. I make you earn it. But come on, playing abs is a joke on the come up scale. Easy to stat easier to re-eq etc etc. The fact that it’s remotely even to beat above scenarios is honestly funny imo.