Reverend Dew and the 7/11 Hot Dog

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Delion

Re: Reverend Dew and the 7/11 Hot Dog

Post by Delion » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Best thread on the forums

Stomp

Re: Reverend Dew and the 7/11 Hot Dog

Post by Stomp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:39 am

Lays "Philly Cheesesteak" Chips with something about Geno's Steaks written on the bag

Packaging with a roll colored edges with a bright white center. While the edges liken to the famed Amoroso's rolls, the white center takes away from the cheesesteak theme. This bag could easily be mistaken for just any other bag of chips on the shelf, nothing jumps out to say PHILLY CHEESESTEAK on quick glance. In fact, I missed it on my first three passes down the chip aisle.

The chip itself is flat and not ruffled making for a disappointing presentation. The chip is too thin a vehicle for carrying such a legendary flavor as a philly cheesesteak. This was probably a suggestion by the terrible cheesesteak makers at Geno's, Pat's the inventor of the cheesestek should have been consulted. I am sure they would have selected a much thicker ruffled chip.

Flavor itself falls completely flat. The chip lacks any flavoring of the key parts of cheesesteaks, neither cheese nor meat comes through. You do not get the artery clogging flavor of cheese wiz or the saltyness. You cannot taste the flavor of a thinly sliced marbled ribeye. You might ask what can you taste? The answer is grilled onions. They completely nailed the grilled onion flavor. The sweetness of the onion flavor overpowers every other flavor you would expect on a cheesesteak. Maybe they should have went with a Wiz witout as the baseline for flavoring.

Rating: 2002 NFC Championship Game - Massive Hype, the Eagles playing the final game at the Vet in cold weather vs Tampa Bay a team that was 0 for forever in cold weather. This was the year we were supposed to go to the Super Bowl! Only for the Eagles to completely choke and lose. That is what these chips are, a complete and utter disappointment.