Reverend Dew and the 7/11 Hot Dog

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
livendros

Re: Reverend Dew and the 7/11 Hot Dog

Post by livendros » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm

as a resident of the road i present to you Zapps brand kettle cooked bbq chips. it will truly make your year. To wash it down i recommend bottled yoohoo OR powerade zero, any flavor.

granit

Post by granit » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm

if you're not eating the chocolate pudding cups at the gas stations in the grab-n-go section.. you're not living.

divya

Post by divya » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 pm

livendros wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm
as a resident of the road i present to you Zapps brand kettle cooked bbq chips. it will truly make your year. To wash it down i recommend bottled yoohoo OR powerade zero, any flavor.
yikes enjoy your diarrhea.

Lea

Post by Lea » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Today's review is of Trader Joe's ghost pepper potato chips. I purchased these chips on the recommendation of a fellow hot chip fan, and they required a special visit to Trader Joe's. My expectations were pretty high. These chips are kettle cooked and lattice cut. The kettle cooking gives the chip a significant crunch and pleasing texture. The lattice cut is an interesting choice, but did not seem to add or detract to the texture of the chip. The flavor up front was black pepper, garlic, spices, and umami. There was slight heat at the back end. They were not spicy, registers below a mild for me. My theory is that the lattice cut makes it so that each chip only collects so much powdered ghost pepper. With so many holes in the chip, there is less surface area for the flavoring to cling to. This meant that what was a promising flavor was very subdued. I assume this is to make the chip more enjoyable for people who don't like spice. It did have the added benefit of not making the chip super greasy.

Overall, they were fine. Wouldn't buy again, but would eat if left out at a party.

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Upon an inspection into the stores of unknown, I came across a magnificent, yet unsettling discovery. Upon the precipice of my journey home, I had taken notice to a bag with the incantations of ‘Biena Habanero Chickpeas.’

Upon sampling these chickpeas, I was immediately turned off at first by the sheer amount of crunch and feel of impending mouth dryness. However, I had paired this with what is known as ‘Pure Leaf Lemon Tea’ and I was suddenly entranced at the now mouth watering combination of habanero and lemon flavors that blended in an almost indescribable experience.

Would definitely never buy them again, I learned I am not a chickpea hiding inside of a meat suit. I am, however, still concerned that my genetic makeup may include a significant portion of tea. I will curb my genocidal urges to consume all tea until further testing is done.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:19 am

Last edited by Stomp on Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Stomp wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:19 am
Herrs Sour Cream and Onion Chips paired with a raspberry jawn.

The bright green foil packaging of the chips with the dark red labeling of the jawn make for a pairing akin to the red and green coloring seen at Christmas. The foil packaging of the chip opening with the ease of a present your Aunt wrapped in foil paper, tied with ribbon that is triple knotted, and then taped the box inside. If you are not careful you could end up with a lap full of potato chips.

The ruffle cut chips themselves offer a delightful texture and crunch. Pockets of flavor seasoning congregate in the valleys of the chip adding a surprisingly salty burst of flavor. Overall the saltiness outweighs the subtle hint of sweetness of the onion leaving you thirsty and reaching for a glass of your favorite beverage.

My choice in this pairing was a classic raspberry jawn, large format, and consumed in the only appropriate manner, direct from the container. The twist off top makes for easy access, though I prefer previous vintages circa 2001, where the bottling did not include a side handle and was better suited for direct consumption.

The jawn itself delivered as expected, its creators staying true to form and not deviating from their original formula developed in 1964. The jawn is not brewed exceptionally strong and does not overpowered the pallet or the raspberry flavoring. The amount of sweetness is perfect and this nector of the gods could easily be mistaken for hummingbird food. Matched with the Herrs Chip, this pairing will send you back and forth from salty to sweet until you run out and have to return to the store for more.

Overall rating - 2018 NFC Championship Game, though this could easily reach the top rating of Super Bowl 52 if you added in a classic Italian Hoagie to the mix.

stela

Post by stela » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:30 pm

vienna sausage. Left over from desert storm. man they're good. 5/5 stars.

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:05 pm

This is it. I have peaked. My soul is free and my sins no longer fear absolution. Upon this day, I came across a burrito never before so scrumptious and tasty in the world.

As I ordered this, two things attracted my attention. HOT CHEETOS and CARNE ASADA and fries burrito. A revolution in the industry. Upon paying for this burrito worth it’s weight in gold, I was surprised by the sheer dumptruck size of this creation. The girth and length were that to make most mammals feel bad about themselves. I had to use both of my god-given burrito forks with more strength than I had imagined to uplift this absolute monster into the sky toward my gaping maw.

The weight of it was not as surprising at this point. I knew that I must be consuming the food of the old gods, those whom had not known the conflicts of devouring such an amount of calories. The texture was crispy on the outside, warm to the touch. It felt right to be holding this club of decimation in my hands. After the first bite, I was taken in immediately.

The soft and succulent flavors of the meat combined with the crunch and spice of the fries and hot Cheetos created a combination. A combination that would rival that of peanut butter and jelly.

The purest of guacamole and sour cream blended in as a treat for those who dared venture further than a single bite. This was not meant for the mortal soul to devour, yet I do not fear death. I ask for more. I have seen the light and there is nothing that can stop me. From first to last, every bite was perfect and addicting.

Coupled with a very enticing and yet challenging to drink horchata. I recommend both. My third eye is open, and the champions call me home.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:47 pm

You must reference where to access this burrito of the gods!