rules

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Desmond

rules

Post by Desmond » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Why even have rules now days for clans to abide by. Now more than ever I see clans breaking other clan rules and being allowed to do so. When reported there's this trend of turning the other cheek, unless its against someone they do not like.

So I ask why even have rules if we are not gonna enforce them.

mezo

Re: rules

Post by mezo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Become such a smaller community that if we piss off one person that entire faction of friends could revolt. Immaturity and/or lack of char separation.

Plus the clan rules are sometimes too complicated or a hassle to follow through with, especially with trying to get a warrant removed issued by a mob. Clans bite on warrant removal.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Be more specific or people will just think you are ranting.

Desmond

Post by Desmond » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Justice clans Should be bound to the rules they enforce. Clan borders should be inforced and said clans should be held accountable for breaking the rules. To many times people look the other way for the buddy system. If you do not want to in force your clans laws ,you should not be a part of that clan.And those caught not upholding the rules should be punished.

Akarus

Post by Akarus » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:45 am

Get on and enforce some rules :)

Aira

Post by Aira » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 am

I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but let me switch clans with my qps intact and having to ranking quests in the new clan and I'll happily enforce another clan's laws. :P

Desmond

Post by Desmond » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:59 am

Lets use The Defenders for example. They should have to enforce their laws and be punished for not doing so. And be punished for breaking the laws of other lands. If they hunt criminals in other lands with no permission. Or sit in clan rooms while a criminal runs a foul in their city. being clanned should have principles. They once did. You would never see a warden hunting in Eagle lands without permission or have a eagle hunting a criminal in warden lands without permission. How many times have you seen "bad guys" sitting CCS while Wardens go smobing or sit in clan rooms not even trying to do their jobs. Being clanned use to mean something now its just a path to getting bonuses.

Aira

Post by Aira » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 pm

CoL have a rule for this: it's up to the individual *oL to decide what is the greater threat. If that is DS over SS over wanteds, that is a-ok.

But really, in this day and age what you're saying doesn't hold anymore. For starters, people are usually the only person on from their clan. Most clans in the game are either rp clans or justice clans. There are only less than a handful of viable "pk crossrace but no political and wanted drama" alternatives. One of these has considerable drawbacks.

For these justice clans, that means you're usually the only one on to defend a city. That means if you want to smob or pk, you will need to migrate to a place where people are, or call in friends. If during your activities anything goes on in your city, that means leaving other people hanging. Whether they will be left outnumbered in pk, or unable to continue smobbing, or the exp partnership breaks up - someone going to their city is likely going to disappoint others.

Now, when the city alarm goes off, it's usually Dougan. That's fun running to to investigate the first few hundred times, then it just means that you're spending time in transit for nothing. In case of CoL, even if there are narrates that a fc is holding a lightball in the city, usually by the time I get to Amador, they can be Andor or beyond just by horsehopping, coaching and so on. Such a trip to investigate is a waste of time, unless it happens to be Gretchen looking for a fight.

So in case of a wanted lingering in Caemlyn, which isn't all that common either considering I've seen that twice this year, you're essentially saying that OTHER PEOPLE should drop everything then and there, potentially leave other players hanging, just to cater to the wanted's wants of a certain playstyle and target right at that time? All in the name of rp. That comes across as pretty selfish.

It happens to me several times a week that LS can't put up a fight in DS pk because there's a channeler and/or gaidin around and I can't group with them. This means LS ends up going in and pk ends, leaving several people bored. Imo for instances like those, we should sooner sacrifice rp to playability rather than cracking down on people being more lax.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 pm

It is not a solution, but it might help: I always thought that clans were allowed to claim to much areas as their own.

More areas should be flagged wilderness zones, if you look at the maps of Randland, then you see alot of "white spots" on them were basically no nation held sway. If you restricted clans to only the zones around their cities, then alot of warrants would go unneeded and be moot.

Yves

Post by Yves » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:29 am

Impressively well said!
Aira wrote:CoL have a rule for this: it's up to the individual *oL to decide what is the greater threat. If that is DS over SS over wanteds, that is a-ok.

But really, in this day and age what you're saying doesn't hold anymore. For starters, people are usually the only person on from their clan. Most clans in the game are either rp clans or justice clans. There are only less than a handful of viable "pk crossrace but no political and wanted drama" alternatives. One of these has considerable drawbacks.

For these justice clans, that means you're usually the only one on to defend a city. That means if you want to smob or pk, you will need to migrate to a place where people are, or call in friends. If during your activities anything goes on in your city, that means leaving other people hanging. Whether they will be left outnumbered in pk, or unable to continue smobbing, or the exp partnership breaks up - someone going to their city is likely going to disappoint others.

Now, when the city alarm goes off, it's usually Dougan. That's fun running to to investigate the first few hundred times, then it just means that you're spending time in transit for nothing. In case of CoL, even if there are narrates that a fc is holding a lightball in the city, usually by the time I get to Amador, they can be Andor or beyond just by horsehopping, coaching and so on. Such a trip to investigate is a waste of time, unless it happens to be Gretchen looking for a fight.

So in case of a wanted lingering in Caemlyn, which isn't all that common either considering I've seen that twice this year, you're essentially saying that OTHER PEOPLE should drop everything then and there, potentially leave other players hanging, just to cater to the wanted's wants of a certain playstyle and target right at that time? All in the name of rp. That comes across as pretty selfish.

It happens to me several times a week that LS can't put up a fight in DS pk because there's a channeler and/or gaidin around and I can't group with them. This means LS ends up going in and pk ends, leaving several people bored. Imo for instances like those, we should sooner sacrifice rp to playability rather than cracking down on people being more lax.