rules

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Sybrina

Re: rules

Post by Sybrina » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:15 pm

It happens to me several times a week that LS can't put up a fight in DS pk because there's a channeler and/or gaidin around and I can't group with them. This means LS ends up going in and pk ends, leaving several people bored. Imo for instances like those, we should sooner sacrifice rp to playability rather than cracking down on people being more lax.
Should this say that we should sooner relax the rules governing grouping rather than "sacrifice RP"? People from both clans can certainly detest each other (in their roles and according to their alt biases) and still work together against an existential threat they share in common. Breaking rules and defying norms in order to face Tarmon Gaidin as a unified people is one of the underlying themes of the WoT series, though Rand catalyzes much of that change. At the moment, it seems the rules (which are there to control RP during PK in this case) are the main barrier here. Realizing that we all mean the same thing, I am hoping we agree that the rules are the issue here, not player RP. I apologize if this seems nit picky.

That being said, I liked most of what else was said. I'm fairly new to this pk thing, but I can tell already that it is tenuous and relies on the willingness of very few to keep it going most days. Its a good idea to review these issues with a smaller population.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Tenuous? Relies on the willingness of the few? Actually it has nothin to do with your willingness, and everything with the willingness of those who want to pk you ;)

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:12 am

You didn't know? The rules are made up on the fly or adjusted to benefit certain people.