LS War shortening idea.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Viellain

Re: LS War shortening idea.

Post by Viellain » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:23 am

I only got involved in this because war honestly was a giant pain in the ass due to having to defend that stupid general. The banners worth has dropped but it’s still worth .5 of a player scalp. People die trying to defend that against numbers you would walk away from otherwise.

One final point. Not all generals are equal. Some are a great deal riskier than others.

Delion

Post by Delion » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:55 am

Mhaliah wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:45 pm

DoTS v. *Companions*
DoTS banner points: 5. DoTS scalp points: 80. % of DoTS from banners: 5.8%
Comp banner points: 50. Comp scalp points: 140. % of Comp from banners: 26.3%

Thus, BANNERS ARE IRRELEVANT to the outcome of the war.
I believe there there are different tiers of victory, and at least in this war the banners pushed the companions up a bracket.

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 am

Mhaliah wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:45 pm
Ah. I was looking in ToL for them. Thanks Elysia.

This post has nothing to do with the war shortening. I just wanted to crunch some numbers from the Wars that have been fought after the implementation of the 5/10 points for banner/scalp. To illustrate a point for those who think that banners are skewing the wars to allow active clans to bully inactive clans.

SS v. *DoTS*
SS banner points: 20. SS scalp points: 230. % of SS points from banners: 8.0%
DoTS banner points: 40. DoTS scalp points: 280. % of DoTS from banners: 12.5%

DoTS v. *Companions*
DoTS banner points: 5. DoTS scalp points: 80. % of DoTS from banners: 5.8%
Comp banner points: 50. Comp scalp points: 140. % of Comp from banners: 26.3%

Winged Guard v. *Dragonsworn*
WG banner points: 10. WG scalp points: 80. % of WG from banners: 11.1%
Dsworn banner points: 35. Dsworn scalp points: 140. % of Dsworn from banners: 20.0%

QG v. *BT*
QG banner points: 50. QG scalp points: 60. % of QG from banners: 45.5%
BT banner points: 30. BT scalp points: 440. % of BT from banners: 6.4%

In all cases the side with the most PK scalps has won the war. So if banner points for both sides are disregarded the outcome of the war remains unchanged. In all cases if just the winners banners points are disregarded but the loosing side keeps all points from scalps and banners, the outcome of the war remains unchanged.

Thus, BANNERS ARE IRRELEVANT to the outcome of the war.
I don’t think that’s true. We haven’t seen a true war vs inactive clan yet. Numbers weren’t too bad for most of them until dragonsworn vs mayene I believe. Many pk scalps are from failed general hits like viellain mentioned. It’s tricky and it’s a balancing act about points for pk scalps vs banners. It’s probably fine as is right now. But i would prefer to see banners go away.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Ideally, I'd like the generals to be easier, so people guarding them aren't going to be an automatic inability to hit/kill it. That means that players will have to step up to defend, which would hopefully lead to more pk.

The problem is, if generals are easier, uber dodgers can solo them. I haven't quite cracked that one yet. :?

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Elysia wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 pm
Ideally, I'd like the generals to be easier, so people guarding them aren't going to be an automatic inability to hit/kill it. That means that players will have to step up to defend, which would hopefully lead to more pk.

The problem is, if generals are easier, uber dodgers can solo them. I haven't quite cracked that one yet. :?
Remove all eq except full abs sets?! :roll: :lol: :evil: :!: :?:

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm

If only. I mean, no, no that would OBVIOUSLY be unbalanced. ;)

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:01 am

Leaders not in a single room door and mob variety, solved.

If leader has a flail and minions are a variety(some high obs fencing blades, some bash, some kick etc, there's mobs to copy around the place) instead of 8 minions all "generic guard" wielding rusty spoons.
Can have less guards if they have meaningful abilities and can break defences.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:09 am

Elysia wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 pm
Give generals ability to bash, then have general spam door closed :P

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 am

There is no door in there, otherwise people wouldn't hit at all, or they wouldn't defend at all, which wouldn't be conducive to them functioning as an action starter.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 am

Delion wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:55 am
I believe there there are different tiers of victory, and at least in this war the banners pushed the companions up a bracket.
I see that point. I rescind the claim they are irrelevant and replace it with almost irrelevant lol.

What if the general scalp was bounty hunterable? With QPs for only the warring clan and known affiliate clans? That would encourage more hits even with the uber patrol they have now.