LS War shortening idea.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Atienne

Re: LS War shortening idea.

Post by Atienne » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Mhaliah wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 am
Delion wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:55 am
I believe there there are different tiers of victory, and at least in this war the banners pushed the companions up a bracket.
I see that point. I rescind the claim they are irrelevant and replace it with almost irrelevant lol.

What if the general scalp was bounty hunterable? With QPs for only the warring clan and known affiliate clans? That would encourage more hits even with the uber patrol they have now.
I believe it gives you 2 qps when you kill it and are present for the kill.

jasmin

Re: LS War shortening idea.

Post by jasmin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:52 pm

The thing about general hits is they induce a requirement to pk

Dragonsworns attempt hit on Mayene.
Had a trap where we were routed. It very very nearly set the tone for the war and only inspiring leadership (by players who have now been driven to quit) recovered it.

In all honesty of tower had backed off at that point we may have lost, instead they gave us sooo many easy points where even one person at a general meant we failed to kill it. (Heck we failed to kill the general itself with full groups without any defence).

Tear hitting Illian and not knowing about who Illian had hired. Resulted in a total rout. And those characters (and yes Atienne) being active pretty much made it impossible for them to ever manage the general for meaningful progress.

A large majority of andors deaths were from trying to hit generals.

The generals act to induce pk as otherwise one side or another can just take a lead and hold it.

The balance is fine I think. The only option I can suggest to remove them is to require a certain amount of pk kills in a war. If those are not met, then general hits decide the result.

Also just arm them all with copper daggers
They hit twice a round regardless of dodge, but don’t do huge damage

One dodger, or two, can’t do jack dung. ABS and combo take slightly less damage, but the mobs are high hp, you still wouldn’t expect one abser to beat two of them unless zerk

Combo or dodge buffing one should be ok but will still take some damage, buffing two will take a lot

You can still use tactics (say 3 absers with binnols, buffing two mobs each, with a fourth person acting to whittle down mobs).