Dragon Belt

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Harun

Re: Dragon Belt

Post by Harun » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:07 pm

I'd rather not see top dodge get upped. Ideal balance is that when two players randomly encounter each other, they have an actual shot of killing one another. We don't need more excuses for players to sit zerk at patties.

Abs is super strong right now, which is better than absers just getting reamed all the time. But abs weapons probably need to be nerfed a little bit, particularly now that we know how bash coding works and everyone is running around in PB trinks. I'd probably start by downing OB on weapons.

Meren

Post by Meren » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 pm

No one enjoys the awful god mode pk you want except the person with the gear.

People with stacked bonusses are those who want this. It's telling.

faul

Post by faul » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Meren wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:43 am
That set is easily attainable for the person that has a dragon belt.
I actually laughed. Easily attainable or dragon belt, pick one. Almost as good as using a t-axe for a comparison instead of the most common abs weapon in existence, the silver mallet. Or assuming armor 100% of the time, but foregoing an assumption of 21 str 100% of the times. You are such a troll. :lol:

Anyways, dodge trinkets don't need to be upped, just add a little bit of % abs on earthen breeches and bearskin tunics. Keep the abs % low enough so that it's not viable in some kind of combo set up. Helps out dodgers by absorbing *some* damage on the most commonly hit parts of the body but still explodes them, as it should be.

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Other thing is that Imms have mentioned in the past that attack is proccing too often, I think, and that they'd like to address that. I have no idea if that's still on the list or where it is in terms of priority, but most of this discussion becomes less of an issue if you're not eating 4 hits/person in a bash.

Auriona

Post by Auriona » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Yeri wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Other thing is that Imms have mentioned in the past that attack is proccing too often, I think, and that they'd like to address that. I have no idea if that's still on the list or where it is in terms of priority, but most of this discussion becomes less of an issue if you're not eating 4 hits/person in a bash.
Yeah but if you have two or three on you you're still eating tons of hits and the one not on you is bashing your horse.

Yeri

Post by Yeri » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Absolutely! But we're no longer in 'die in a bash from healthy' territory, so dodge becomes somewhat easier to survive in - sort of the same effect as adding some abs % to a few pieces if we keep the current state of attack.

Merrick

Post by Merrick » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:27 pm

faul wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm
Meren wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:43 am
That set is easily attainable for the person that has a dragon belt.
I actually laughed. Easily attainable or dragon belt, pick one.
The point being if you have a dragon belt, you likely have the other pieces of a top set.

Mallet is worse than taxe all the way up until 160db.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Meren wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 pm

I disagree, I just lost the 3rd dragon belt I've had in 20 years, they are not common they should feel uncommonly good. Where are the others? Probably on storage because they do absolutely 0 to enhance my god mode pk. They make no difference. If you are one of the people that think playing dodge is so easily and god mode strap on a set and go up north....it is the only viable set to stick around vs 3+ opponents but you can't stand still which is what I assume what you mean by god mode.

Bring any rogue in perfect dodge and I'll fight you all day 1v1 as a warrior, I'll die 10x fighting you if you let me, but that 10th time I'll land a lucky bash and I get a full dodge kit? Count me in.

Irzerk

Post by Irzerk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Fermin wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm
Meren wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 pm

I disagree, I just lost the 3rd dragon belt I've had in 20 years, they are not common they should feel uncommonly good. Where are the others? Probably on storage because they do absolutely 0 to enhance my god mode pk. They make no difference. If you are one of the people that think playing dodge is so easily and god mode strap on a set and go up north....it is the only viable set to stick around vs 3+ opponents but you can't stand still which is what I assume what you mean by god mode.

Bring any rogue in perfect dodge and I'll fight you all day 1v1 as a warrior, I'll die 10x fighting you if you let me, but that 10th time I'll land a lucky bash and I get a full dodge kit? Count me in.
Fermin died in a full dodge set with the dbelt to two bashes with some trolls who then went zerk on him. 19 str trolloc master using a scratched Csword. Getting bashed by anything is not something uncommon currently but having the full set is uncommon. What’s the point if you get thrashed just the same. Put in more time and effort into acquiring the full set to have it go poof at ease? I don’t think people want god mode. But if you wearing or risking the highest value items, you would want more durability in return.

Kryzen

Post by Kryzen » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Then remove zerk attack. It's silly, the advantage of going berserk is the +ob to bash. getting to deal double damage is not cool. compensate by upping some weapon damages.