Dynamic Smobs Feedback

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Re: Dynamic Smobs Feedback

Post by isabel » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:11 pm

yeah but if you have ever tried to charge a smob or grabbed 1-2 fcs and flee weaved a smob - that's an equally fun way to go smobbing, it just caters to a different class/setup

granit

Post by granit » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:53 am

what smobs can you charge??

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:08 am

KP is rideable, so at times it was chargeable, was v fun.

DWC you can't ride into treeroots, but if you go 1d curtain, you can ride up - so that was also charge sometimes. DWC hps are so weird btw - last time i saw it, it ate like 8 master stabs and didn't die.

I haven't tried Kural charge but on a hunter i can see tracks 1n of the room

Other chargeable smobs are like RBM, Chiana and Aorik but those are reaeeally bad to try solo and mess you up so I wouldn't attempt it normally :p Taim is same problem. Treesingers are chargeable xrace.

Meren

Post by Meren » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:28 am

Downside to anti-bash / pro-bash, is in most situations I just tell groups not to bash at all at a dynamic smob. Is extra damage really worth the hassle of healing the smob to full until you manage to communicate the smob's current state? For me, mostly no.

Rentris

Post by Rentris » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm

So the Lugard Herald chain that ends in Kiraf sucks when Kiraf has instant-heal coding.

Alison

Post by Alison » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 am

The dynamic aspect is nice. Adds a level of unpredictable that was not there before.

That being said. i have personally witnessed detritus die to 3 mobs in kiraf due to that weird mobol that is added now. We still can do most smobs just the two of us and that is/was the same over the period that this have been active. We have been up and down the map and so far the only one that is not worth the hit is kp. kingpin used to be fun to do with the odd here and there issue, now we just look at the bad load, estimate its weird dynamic and just leave.

What i suggest is scale the gear to the hardness of the smob. Eg if you going to introduce coding to make it hard to hit, introduce an insentive to actually want to kill it. If i walk into say meneril/kp/pm and the load looks like not even the weakest of us will dare to wear. Then we just give it a miss.

As for the weaving emote about weave/ slash probash. That is an excellent idea.

i cannot attest to the stabbing coding as i dont play that class. Overall the change is positive that requires some tweaks. What i did like was when a rare spear suddenly wanted to be found inside a chest. That got my brain racking and took us a few hours to find it. That is the kind of incentive that is great. So instead of having an imm keep saying so over chats/narrs something loaded there. Why not make it a message that pops up when we log into the game.

Eg Attention Smobbers the pointy stick of Andro has been hidden in The hands of a criminal.

Then maybe introduce a shouts type thing where he mocks people till its found?

Thank you for the work put into this.

While we at it. Is it possible to make wagon loads aviailble per crier in the main cities? and or more harnesses..

Alison

Post by Alison » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:55 am

Rentris wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm
So the Lugard Herald chain that ends in Kiraf sucks when Kiraf has instant-heal coding.
On this note. i am not a fan of the masters not getting qps for doing herals anymore. I have zero need to get tps or want tps. Please bring back qps or make the harder chains qps instead of tps. i dont craft or pk for tps. Bring back the odds qp per smob pls. i still have to get 1530 and i aint getting younger by the day.(i might be dead way before i get my rank 8)

Is handing in scalps for crafting still a thing? Cause now you have people pking and scalps just dissapearing from pk..

verne

Post by verne » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:44 pm

Elysia wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:51 pm
Pro-bash does extra damage on bash. E.g. land a bash and mobs take an extra hps hit through emote damage. So it's the opposite of anti-bash, more or less.
This is very hard to tell when this actually happens, since a group can deal damage at different speeds based on the number of masters, the number of people weaving, what weapons people are using, the number of people in the group, and just whether or not they rolled high damage rolls. Between all of that variation, its hard to notice something else coming into effect unless you had an emote telling you that the smob took more damage. Without an emote showing it was pro-bash, theres so much damage dependent on different variables coming into play that even if you were specifically looking for it, the damage would have to be significant (greater than 50% of the damage a group normally does) to even be noticeable, otherwise people are just going to assume that the smob had less health than they remembered.

Viva

Post by Viva » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Alison wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 am
While we at it. Is it possible to make wagon loads aviailble per crier in the main cities? and or more harnesses..
There are tons of both, wagons and harness. I sometimes have three...

Off the top of my head: (wagons)
Tar Valon
Aringill
Tanchico
Illian

Off the top of my head: (harness)
loads on draft horse in same room as Illian wagon
Tear shops
Illian shops on %
Bandar Eban shops

The wiki has more of the locations.

Edit: wiki shows 9 wagon loads and 10+ store loads

Alison

Post by Alison » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:23 am

Viva wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:48 pm
Alison wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 am
There are tons of both, wagons and harness. I sometimes have three...

Off the top of my head: (wagons)
Tar Valon
Aringill
Tanchico
Illian

Off the top of my head: (harness)
loads on draft horse in same room as Illian wagon
Tear shops
Illian shops on %
Bandar Eban shops

The wiki has more of the locations.

Edit: wiki shows 9 wagon loads and 10+ store loads