Dynamic Smobs Feedback

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
kai

Re: Dynamic Smobs Feedback

Post by kai » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:54 pm

Thank you both for the considered responses

Ely - what about.. just having the smobs be accessible.

i.e. remove the dynamic coding but leave them stab and chargeable

Nothing really stops me absolutely powering through smobs if I've got a large group. Nothing stops me powering through smobs that are !channel if I've got a couple fcs (except zone restrictions!), Nothing stops me for 'most' smobs if I've got a pile of fighters (rep maiden maybe if we aren't high dmg).

What stops stabbers from stabbing I think more than half the smobs in the game is being nohide (or downright ridiculous mobol penalties on stab like being emoted hagg in one shot). What stops chargers from charging probably 3/4 is being noride.

Smobs seemed 'relatively' balanced this last year.
Hrmm ok very cool on the damage dealt.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:50 am

Super useful code, not sure if it's tied to room or to the mobs but great things to be able to use in mob raids(stopping wvd humans or multibashing gaidin easily overpowering most).

I liked the dynamics in general, even if i didn't have a clear idea on which "con smob" message meant what. Generally antistab code I'd still just try on stabber when there, sometimes series of landed stabs worked just as well or better than random series of failed stabs on other smobs.

There's a bunch of quirks in the code that got used to when regularly killing some of them.(for example antibash smobs wouldnt heal all, i would multibash kill off most minions and be left with smob and 1-2 minions full health to melee down without bashing)

Trying to balance against abs and channie stab smobers isn't very viable so it's not great to make every smob hidable, bash coded mobs seem to ignore player dodge completely and bash anything with useless weapons just as well as bashing abs otherwise it could be used more.

Dynamics made soloing smobs more viable but i dont know that that was better for game. Seanchan getting free master mob Corlm definitely created more low numbers smobing(which sorta seemed what dynamic smobs were aimed at rather than just solo stab).
The overpowered warrior mitigation buffs with mass smobing for a couple of months highlighted what was possible with various smobs and equipment setups a lot; as a bonded master gaidin with master mob nothing much changed other than less time spent regening.

I do think full antichannel rooms aren't good for game(i like 1 or 2 elements not working, that part of dynamics was veryunclear). If i have a channeler with me 90% of smobs are that channeler is either a mobility tool or just a wvd and healbot or wvd and save sps for razhak showing up.

Care with ridable rooms, every single warrior can spare 11 pracs in charge to kill things with an unpraced lance and bonus vs humanoids.

I think the con smob messages were great but there was no reason to not disclose what they actually meant. Another option would be to add an additional dynamic option when there's not a heal mobs full option.

Atkins

Post by Atkins » Sat May 01, 2021 7:39 am

I'm not really sure what issue people were having with the con smob part. Weak spot in armor - was easier to stab, slow to move - easier to charge, staggering - easier to bash, cold/hot -susceptible to a specific type of weave. This did not take much experimentation. My issue with them was that even when they were set for one of those dynamics they were still often very difficult to complete solo for a reward that wasn't worth it. Celia being the exception because of the occasional gring load. Even that I wasn't going to go all the way out there to find out if she happened to be stabable very often. So yeah the effort reward on these was off for the amount of time required for most chars.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 pm

The idea is very neat, the issue is the risk reward to try these smobs is very low - non load something that you can't get elsewhere for less effort and most if not all are in a door.

During most of the implementation seanchan still had scouts so hitting any smobs solo wasn't something I was doing (not sure about anyone else).

It seems like smobbing these days is either solo stab or big groups for the chance of rares...both are pretty balanced in the risk/reward category.

Is a very neat idea and could be a nice tweak on contested smob on a monthly basis with a low % decent load. Maybe Cider or a token?