Dynamic Smobs Feedback

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Meren

Re: Dynamic Smobs Feedback

Post by Meren » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 am

That's not pro-bash...that's just a mob.

Dovain

Post by Dovain » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:35 pm

I think I've seen the pro bash before. I didn't know it was a thing though, at the time. I was just super confused that the smob died faster than I expected, or seemed to.

I really liked the pro-bash if that's what it was. I think it was DWC that I saw it on, but I haven't attempted it on the others. I think the main solution is knowing what it's strong/weak against that particular repop.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Anti-bash and anti-channel works as a deterrent for Warder/AS pairs at times. Or you just have to take a group to wear them down like normal.
I've died to it as well. But I've died to most mobs in game, so that isn't saying much.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Pro-bash does extra damage on bash. E.g. land a bash and mobs take an extra hps hit through emote damage. So it's the opposite of anti-bash, more or less.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:11 pm

I think that is part of the reason for little to no feedback is because there are so many different possibilities that in the real time you don't notice the nuances. Only thing I have ever noticed is the smob regening to full from wounded. Maybe set a couple of the dynamic smob to exact specs, publish those specs, and let people test them out in a more controlled way.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:03 pm

How do they work?

Missed bash heals?
Did a dynamic one today and people in group said it was antibash and they were healing but i wasnt missing and the mob i was on was beat before i stopped bashing.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:59 am

It's essentially emote damage, positive or negative, on smobs on % of a certain skill being used.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Meren wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:25 am
Elysia wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:29 am
Yes, having some way to see what variety it is would be nice. Am I going to spend more energy on this until I've had feedback, no. I've been waiting for pro-bash feedback since Nov 2019 and frankly, I was about to write this off as a failure because of zero feedback in 9 months time.
How are you supposed to know it's pro-bash? Not sure I've ever noticed a pro-bash smob.
I think the lack of feedback is just not knowing what the situation. Mostly when smobbing I am either with a smash group where it doesn't matter what it is. Or just Ominas and I (bonded) and it can definitely get frustrating because we bash several times before we realize it heals, or I weave several times before we realize it heals.

I like the variation of dynamic smobs, but adding some kind of emote to indicate the weave didn't work, or the bash didn't work etc would make it way nicer. Overall I personally like the dynamic aspect though.

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:08 pm

For me, I liked the change a lot. I never really used to smob but started to solo smob around the time this got changed, and it was fun to look in and see if I could do it. Also if I was basically spamming around I could check in and see if the char I was set up in could have a shot at it even if normally I wouldn't be able to touch it solo. In that respect, being able to charge smobs was so much fun. I was just wishing more smobs (like the FD smob) were charge friendly. Is nice for abs warriors.

On a side note, probably one of the most fun smobs is gholam. If there was any kind of channie version of that it would be pretty awesome. :twisted:

granit

Post by granit » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 am

Kellam wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:26 pm
Anti-stab just means the smob doesn't really get hit that day by the set of people who go around solo-stabbing things.
this. I personally don't like it. I feel like more things should be stabbable so if you're solo and bored you have fun options to pursue.