Suggestion - temporary solution for the rerolls situation

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Skurk

Re: Suggestion - temporary solution for the rerolls situation

Post by Skurk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Taziar wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Look at it like this...

There is only two 104's right now? Elysia and Vampa? And the due diligence required to ensure the process takes 15-30 mins....

I would never, ever, go visible again if I was either one of them. :P

We just have to wait for coding, and we all should be used to that by now!

Easy way to fix it, only masters can use that function. Cuts down on the due diligence (most people know most masters) and the amount of chars looking for rerolls. Still gives players who have rerolls on a char that is almost competitive the option to work towards one day being top tier, rather than having a top tier hunter being basically one of 3 options, 1) Be an old player and have a spare 2) be friends with an old player who has a spare or 3) beg everyone and hope

It's tiring seeing people looking for problems with solutions rather than looking for solutions to problems.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Skurk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Easy way to fix it, only masters can use that function.
It cuts out a lot of people, active or inactive becuase their stats fall between current superstats and prerolleds or pretty much what prerolleds are.

For example let's say Kordin is not a Master;

Stats are;
18 11 13 19 17
Prerolleds for LS Hunter are;
18 11 12 17 19

I've got 354 hps, and from experience 17 and 18 Con aren't that big of a difference, but 18 Str vs 19 Str means a lot.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Right I agree but like Imm's say they have time restrictions, so we need to find a workaround. Masters being allowed might be one that compromoses so that the Imms have a much much lower workload and for players who have a char with rerolls that just needs a small push in the right direction, they can at least have a goal to work towards that will allow them to improve. Light in the tunnel so to speak, wheras right now it's just Stat it at level 3 or that's it ya done.
Last edited by Skurk on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Taziar wrote:
There is only two 104's right now? Elysia and Vampa? And the due diligence required to ensure the process takes 15-30 mins....

Three, including Itesh. But I think we all agree that it's more sensible for Itesh to work on coding, even if it ends up in Flash' queue, rather than something like this. And never going visible again sounds like a good idea. :shock:

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Eh well w/e game focus is clearly old players and how to make things fun for em. Can't blame it, just sucks for everyone else who just needs to be quiet stop complaining and git gud. I mean I'm a little annoyed for my own hunter that was probably gonna reroll great but I pref fc anyway and have a perfect one. I'm mainly annoyed at this situation because I know how much it annoyed me coming that my stats were worse than other people's and that I'd need to wait 5 years to improve them. The idea that we'd expect people to just be ok coming into a game but "no you'll never ever have as good of a char as people who played back in the day, just play a mediocre one, you're dung anyway so you wont notice the difference" Like cool man makes people wanna sign up.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Skurk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:03 pm
Taziar wrote:

Look at it like this...

We just have to wait for coding, and we all should be used to that by now!

Easy way to fix it, only masters can use that function. Cuts down on the due diligence (most people know most masters) and the amount of chars looking for rerolls. Still gives players who have rerolls on a char that is almost competitive the option to work towards one day being top tier, rather than having a top tier hunter being basically one of 3 options, 1) Be an old player and have a spare 2) be friends with an old player who has a spare or 3) beg everyone and hope

It's tiring seeing people looking for problems with solutions rather than looking for solutions to problems.
Only 104's have the ability to do the commands necessary. You can't give it to masters to do...

I beg forgiveness Mr. Itesh sir for my forgetfulness!

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:25 pm

I meant only masters can have their char rerolled in that way. Which reduces the amount of characters eligible and the due diligence because clanned chars are usually known by master.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Skurk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:25 pm
I meant only masters can have their char rerolled in that way. Which reduces the amount of characters eligible and the due diligence because clanned chars are usually known by master.
If you mastered a character then you should be fine with the stats you got right? I mean... I don't even have a master and all my characters are superstated. Either way :P for situations this specific and narrow just mail Vampa and talk options. I have found him over the years to be realistic and generous when it comes to evening the playing field for players. If your master is bad enough off then I am sure he would help you.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Taziar wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:33 pm
If you mastered a character then you should be fine with the stats you got right? I mean... I don't even have a master and all my characters are superstated. Either way :P for situations this specific and narrow just mail Vampa and talk options. I have found him over the years to be realistic and generous when it comes to evening the playing field for players. If your master is bad enough off then I am sure he would help you.
Are you intentionally not seeing the point? It's about people who don't have super characters, not those who have so many they dont even bother to play them.

Newer players struggle to get good chars, and when they do they're still not as good as old players' 5th best or 10th best character. A carrot though - If I master him then I can eventually improve him - gives them something to look forward to. It forces the player to put the effort in if they wanna improve their character, rather than just everyone throwing every char at the imm. It also makes it easier for the imms to identify the player and enforce rules, as clanned characters are usually known by the time they master.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Wait, now you are talking about new players and not masters that need help?? I'm obviously not understanding...

New players are years out from getting rerolls. The reroll "bug" or "fix" or whatever you want to call it just happened. How long have you been playing here?? Nothing happens over night man, you got to have some patience and give some time.

You don't get rerolls at master... it takes 5 years to get to 200 years old.