... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Viva

Post by Viva » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 am

I like the idea and process for the most part. My main disappointment is when the stack of sieves ends up empty at the end of the process occasionally. Sometimes it takes 10+ washings just to get to the last portion of the mobol and when it doesn't pay out it is very frustrating. I would like to see the process sped up a bit, increasing the success rate when washing the soil in the last gate so you can get to searching the stack quicker.
Thanks!

Viva Mae [KMG]

Elysia

Re: Feedback: Gem Crafting

Post by Elysia » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:24 am

Some gemstones have a higher fail rate than others to make some more rare than others. Fail rate will always be a part of this process for this very reason.

As for the washing, it's already been downed and I see no issues with it currently.

Viva

Post by Viva » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:42 am

I actually feel asleep at the keyboard last night washing buckets... is a testament to the engaging and concise process!

I jest (not about the falling asleep part)

I will get scientific and log some actual times and post them, just so I don't feel so anecdotal about it all.

<3

Viva

Post by Viva » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:23 am

Something I just noticed:

If you drop a bucket and then start to wash and don't have a stack in inventory the mobol steals the bucket. Maybe put the inventory check before it takes the bucket.

Also, would be nice if there was a fail message on the end of the wash if you don't get a raw. How long do you have to sit and wait and check inside the stack before you give up and guess that you failed?

Viva

Post by Viva » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:37 am

There is still soil in the sieve.
wash sieve

* HP:Healthy SP:Bursting MV:Fresh > Ok.

* HP:Healthy SP:Bursting MV:Fresh >
You submerge the bottom of the bottom-most sieve.

The water takes away the loose soil.

You break up chunks of soil with your hands.

The water takes away the loose soil.
45 times before getting to the next step in the mobol... 45 times

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:47 am

Viva wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:23 am
Something I just noticed:

If you drop a bucket and then start to wash and don't have a stack in inventory the mobol steals the bucket. Maybe put the inventory check before it takes the bucket.

Also, would be nice if there was a fail message on the end of the wash if you don't get a raw. How long do you have to sit and wait and check inside the stack before you give up and guess that you failed?
If you repeat the command, it will start washing.

I think I can do a fail message, but it will take some time for me to get to it.

Wrt it taking 45 times, it can also take 1 and anything in between.

Viva

Post by Viva » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:15 am

What about an option to do something with the small gemstones instead of only cashing them out?

You give 10 small gemstones to a master gemcutter.
A master gemcutter gives you a large gemstone.

OR

You give 3 small gemstones to a prospector.
A prospector gives you a raw gemstone.

Lea

Post by Lea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:23 pm

I am pretty surprised by how little is being said here. I have never mined and I will probably never mine, it's not for me and that's ok. But I have asked about a dozen players about gem mining, mostly to find out who was doing it so I could buy gems from them, and received unanimous negative feedback on it. These were all PvE players and they all told me they hated mining and didn't do it. I have heard nothing but negative feedback about mining.

As I said, this isn't for me so I can't give feedback on how enjoyable an experience it is, but from the perspective of a player who needs other players to mine it seems like people really dislike it.

nori

Post by nori » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:31 pm

I don't remember the last time you had something positive to say, Lea..

I think it's about right. I use it regularly. Feels appropriate. No complaints here. In fact I think it's gotten better now that it identifies that there are or are not stones present at the end of searching for them.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:48 pm

I've mined alot and will mine when needed.

I think the succes percentage on the large gemstones atm is good enough to be balanced.

However, I do agree that something else for both large and small gemstones would be nice. At the moment the large ones (even the ones nobody wants!) can only be turned in for crafting. It would be nice if you could turn in large gemstones also for some cash, or perhaps some tps.

The small gemstones ditto, although the cash return on them is still nice enough.