Let's Discuss Seanchan Side

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Ryzom

Re: Let's Discuss Seanchan Side

Post by Ryzom » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

I probably did spam scalp :?

But Tusty forgets to mention I CHASES KAZURA FROM E LUG - FM - ROLAND where as this scrub was just around 4k!!!

Anyway, the remort/bonused chars argument doesn't make sense to me. I only have a fade because I have 187 REAL LIFE DAYS of playtime on that character alone. I put a lot of time and effort in it and didn't give up just because people are garbage! Same can be said for most people with those said characters. Gaidin is ez-mode to get into. Secret clans are basically don't be a fuckheaded moose knuckle.

Stop giving up and accepting defeat. Took me 4 chars to finally clan gaidin BY THE MOTHERFUCKIN WAY.

zeek

Post by zeek » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:29 pm

off topic! order in the court! :lol:

tekela

Post by tekela » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:44 pm

Hey Zeek -- this wasn't a platform for you to discuss how people don't really like it when you show up, contribute by being within the vicinity of an AFK player who died, get given that scalp, and then get rejected because you beg for more scalps that you weren't at all involved in acquiring.

But I guess your whining about how hard it is to get PK does a good job of explaining why SS is pretty pointless and the reversion did firetruck-all, so they may as well get to do something fun with characters they invested their time into if the side's dynamic has been forcibly changed multiple times beyond repair.
Fun for a few select players
Get this: if seanchan is a faction, you can continue having your silly fun without forcing anyone who has ever invested way more time and effort into the side only to see it become a pointless shadow by a series of unforced errors to join the silly ride.

zeek

Post by zeek » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:09 pm

nice try but, it didn't do anything for me. Like I said, I'd prefer if you lead the side and contribute. I know you're misguided because if you've spent any time watching me collect qps they're definately not from hand outs and hanging around to scoop up whatever's left behind.

With an attitude like that, I don't think you're really fit to lead anybody, on second thought.

Tusty

Post by Tusty » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:23 pm

The whole argument of investing a million hours into a char, therefore, I should dictate how the game is played is hilarious too.
Who cares? With that mindset you’ll invest a million more alone.
The argument of unbonused vs ELITE bonused chars is valid.
Those involved here mastered when there was a much larger player base, many more targets, largely made up of people who were terrible at pk. So what? Never let anyone master again? Keep those “elite” clans knit tight?
In a fight, removing actual player-skill, a master/remort is hugely advantaged from the get go. So let’s delete a side because these chars get challenged a little by having to account for an extra variable? The game is already far more hand held than it was 20 years ago but the same whining that caused me to leave 14 years ago is alive and well.
I guess I fail to see the issue at hand other than the “wot gated community of bro’s in their chubby shorts and polo’s” telling everyone else to get off their lawn 😂

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Lol. You didn't read what I said if all you got was "is chubby and wears a polo shirt and never wants anyone to clan anywhere"

First of all, I'm 220 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal baby.

Second, I was saying that to claim bonused characters are the problem and players playing them are too many is just incorrect. I've mastered the majority of my chars (3 currently, almost 4) in the last two years. It isn't because I'm bonused, mostly because I'm just better than all of you. Because all I do is pk and fight non-stop!

Third, my loving seanchan friend,
I am a big proponent of getting people clanned in places like Gaidin/Remorts/etc if you're willing to put in the time and effort. Fact of the matter is that most people aren't willing to put in the effort and time. And then people like seanchan weirdos bitch about it, when a lot of them are the same exact people who want instant gratification.

Aside from this garbage. Delete ss. firetruck you Tekela. I could play a nonmaster hunter and stomp you all.

tekela

Post by tekela » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Tusty wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:23 pm
The argument of unbonused vs ELITE bonused chars is valid.
Yeah, I have no idea what the firetruck you're on about at this point or why you're even talking about masters/remorts and literally everything under the sun besides the topic of rolling seanchan back into LS like it was literally a few months ago. And by your own words, the reversion really hasn't accomplished much. When 'k wanted' gets to the front of Flash's queue, there will be literally zero reason to keep seanchan a separate race.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:16 pm

I will contribute the same way I did 15 years ago when SS was first implemented.

Delete it.

P.S. Ogier side would have been cooler. Burn.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:09 am

zeek wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm
So. I'm active and pk almost always when I'm on. So I feel more equipped to speak on these issues than most because well, I'm being a seanchan when others are talking about how to do it the "right way". I'll address a few things:

1. SS PK - step one, if you're an "elite" SS and you log on, dont' interact with other SS, and go straight to North pk, then you're part of the problem. Not saying we can't get involved in northern pk, but seems a bit odd that that's your idea of leading and contributing to a struggling side.
One of the main reasons I don't feel like playing my SS alt.
zeek wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm
4. Northern PK or PK against darkside with humans - it's terrible. We hate playing with you guys against DS because you're greedy. I don't know about you but, I'm just not built to spam scalp/loot/run off or the classic as old as time passive aggressive pretend like I don't have the loot/scalps on me and say nothing and pray people just give up and leave me alone move.. Look, we hate it. We hate how we have to beg for scalps if we didn't loot/scalp the DS we collaborated with LS on. We hate having to go into FD to try and split. We hate it.
This is why, IMHO, some small amount of QPs should be awarded on kill (like TPs are), with the other small amount on scalp turn in. That way if grouping with LS is on the NWIH list (even if LS has Sworn flag), and someone in the LS group landed the kill hit, you can at least have slightly better chances of getting a scalp since that entire group got some QPs from that kill.

The usual bonus QP zones - some permanently bonus QPs zones that make RP sense (i.e. Dusty and Winding for Lancers), and others added depending on things tested like the Gateway or as part of a monthly change.

Would removing the Tower restriction for Accepteds to go SW (besides Amador) help? Maybe not by sending active PKers, but increasing traffic?

What is RP like on SS these days? Are people interested enough so that you gain QPs through that and perhaps get some more changes so you can have that source of QPs when you can't find PK?

Or is it more DS-ish - log on, smash, don't care about the rest of things you can do, just gib PeeKay

Lea

Post by Lea » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:28 am

Kordin wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:09 am

This is why, IMHO, some small amount of QPs should be awarded on kill (like TPs are), with the other small amount on scalp turn in. That way if grouping with LS is on the NWIH list (even if LS has Sworn flag), and someone in the LS group landed the kill hit, you can at least have slightly better chances of getting a scalp since that entire group got some QPs from that kill.
This isn't a real problem. SS get scalps when they pk up north. The only time I see players get cut out of splits is when they ask for more than they have a right to (i.e. late to pk and asking about the five kills before they showed). If you're in north pk and feel like you aren't given a fair shake at scalps or gear, I encourage you to mail Lancers or even staff. The goal is to keep people here and pking.

SS has had a few players pk up north steal gear/scalps from pk, which hurts perception of the whole side. It would be good to see Deathwatch police this kind of behavior. I think those negative interactions may shade other SS, which sucks but isn't really avoidable.