Feedback requested: Far Madding zone changes.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Feedback requested: Far Madding zone changes.

Post by Elysia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:05 am

I tried looking for the relevant links, but couldn't find them. You will have to do with a short version as I don't have the energy to go into this in depth.

The easiest example maybe is that when on a map you have to stretch out room connections to make things fit, there is a shortage of rooms somewhere, so it doesn't line up correctly. E.g. Caemlyn Palace is 5 rooms deep and 10 rooms wide, but the rooms around it are 2 deep and 3 wide. That should've been 7 deep and 12 wide. It doesn't line up, which is a faux pas these days for all standard zones. Quest zones can be as confusing and weird as we can make them :twisted: .

Sybrina

Re: Feedback requested: Far Madding zone changes.

Post by Sybrina » Sun May 22, 2016 1:24 am

Elysia wrote:I tried looking for the relevant links, but couldn't find them. You will have to do with a short version as I don't have the energy to go into this in depth.

The easiest example maybe is that when on a map you have to stretch out room connections to make things fit, there is a shortage of rooms somewhere, so it doesn't line up correctly. E.g. Caemlyn Palace is 5 rooms deep and 10 rooms wide, but the rooms around it are 2 deep and 3 wide. That should've been 7 deep and 12 wide. It doesn't line up, which is a faux pas these days for all standard zones. Quest zones can be as confusing and weird as we can make them :twisted: .
I did not realize there was a design rule for this. To me, its intuitive that going around a city or palace would be substantially faster than going through it and that the "interesting detail" outside of a city is much less than inside, thus necessitating fewer rooms on the outside. So the 'faux paux' were unnoticed by me. Perhaps it is different with others. I just hope FM doesnt get pushed out of the way and rarely seen. It is an important and unique part of the wot world being the backdrop for some interesting scenes from the books, and never mind the fact that it is the homeland of our Amylrin Seat. :)